• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Second half had the feeling of 'its better to win 5-1 with no inujuries, than 7-0 with Sturridge pulling a hamstring.'

That Coutinho play to set Henderson up, though. Fuck me.

Sterling has to go to the World Cup

Another clean sheet lost from an individual moment of stupidity

Rodgers got it spot on today

Would have taken that before the game I think

I'd have let Flanagan go on a free 4 months ago...

Fuck off Celtic

tri_willy

k0xB8zl.jpg

ibd93uthwi8o6rqyybs.gif

time for Chelski. sorry West Ham.

calling it right now, 14:48: if City drops points and Chelsea wins, Mou is champion, no questions asked.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Liverpool’s 63 goals after 25 PL matches is the most goals scored by the club at this stage in top-flight history.

jtb

Banned
remember when we were a top counter-attacking side?

what has this team become

not having Theo for the rest of the season is a fucking huge blow. and Giroud's a good player but god it is just so frustrating to watch our attack break down because of his complete and utter lack of pace.

GQman2121

Banned
Cech; Ivanovic, Cahill, D Luiz, Azpilicueta; Matic, Lampard (c); Willian, Oscar, Hazard; Eto’o.

Subs: Schwarzer, Cole, Mikel, Ramires, Schurrle, Salah, Ba

Krul; Debuchy, Williamson, S.Taylor, Dummett; Anita, Santon; Ben Arfa, Sissoko (c), Sammy Ameobi; de Jong

Subs: Elliot, Haidara, Yanga-Mbiwa, Gosling, Marveaux, Shola Ameobi, Armstrong

not having Theo for the rest of the season is a fucking huge blow. and Giroud's a good player but god it is just so frustrating to watch our attack break down because of his complete and utter lack of pace.

but our change of style has nothing to do with these players

we haven't been a decent counter attacking side for years now

instead adopted this shitty pass around style when we changed from 4-4-2

Matic starting, yup. I'm kinda sad that clubs in Portugal are always financially forced to sell top talent like him pretty early on.

Chelsea were the one forced to sell him first.

But his heart was bleeding to come back.

Moral champions.

Even if City ends up winning the league.

I'm torn on Liverpool. I've hated them ever since the CL final against Milan, where they won based on 5 minutes of pure luck and parked the bus for 115 mins. But they are playing some pretty damn fine football this season, and I'll be damned if I don't like to see them.

I actually don't want them to sell Suarez now, and hope they continue to become a top european side.

Chelsea were the one forced to sell him first.

Nobody is forced to sell a player like Matic for 3 million quid playboy.

jtb

Banned
and, as always, our attack was abysmal. we really struggled scoring the past two seasons and despite getting significant upgrades in midfield along the way (Ramsey's emergence, Flamini, Ozil) so I have to assume that the one constant throughout those two seasons is Giroud. not good enough. time to give Podolski a run of games up front.

but our change of style has nothing to do with these players

we haven't been a decent counter attacking side for years now

instead adopted this shitty pass around style when we changed from 4-4-2

oh I agree, I'm just saying, even in our 4-3-3, we were still deadly on the counter attack. that Wenger doesn't seem to know what his own side's strengths and weaknesses are is a huge problem that's cost us time and time again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom