• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

noal

Banned
Who the fuck do them mascots think they are. Keep out of the game you tubby tesco shelf stackers.

* NO OFFENCE INTENDED TO TESCO SHELF STACKERS*

Arnie

Arsenal are finishing in the top 4, don't think spurs are good enough atm

Spurs definitely aren't good enough. Neither are United (even less so than Spurs).

Everton, though, are still a nasty proposition to have chomping at your tail. Hoping for a knackering yet muted draw tomorrow.

Then I'll watch United's almost preferred 11 hiccup to a clanking victory against the worst team in the league.

Mastadon

Banned
Spurs definitely aren't good enough. Neither are United (even less so than Spurs).

Everton, though, are still a nasty proposition to have chomping at your tail. Hoping for a knackering yet muted draw tomorrow.

Then I'll watch United's almost preferred 11 hiccup to a clanking victory against the worst team in the league.

Having thought about some more, I'd prefer a morale-sapping 93rd minute Spurs winner. We still have Spurs to come to Anfield, and Everton don't seem to be going away.

Arnie

Having thought about some more, I'd prefer a morale-sapping 93rd minute Spurs winner. We still have Spurs to come to Anfield, and Everton don't seem to be going away.
As long as it isn't an Everton win I'll be relatively happy.

I fucking hate West Brom. Never have been able to stand em. They epitomise 'midlands mentality'. Neither here nor there. Always one or the other. Wobbly and inconsistent. Consistent in their nothingness. I fucking hate West Brom.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
noal pls

That's Cazorla

guys I don't want to post Danny DeVito's gif again

also fuck juve

I wouldn't have it any other way

fuck us baby <3

tumblr_lw9od7ILWb1r6qlrvo1_500.gif

the hate fuels us
3AQmK.gif

TeddyBoy

We should have a Gary Macca experiment every season.

We really should, they provide excellent cover and there's no real pressure since there's no price tag. It would feel weird seeing Cole in a Liverpool shirt though, he's always been a London boy.

Arnie

Conveniently, I hate Fulham.

I had a theory that nobody actually supports Fulham and instead they're just a syndicate for neutral premier league watchers looking for a cheap match.

Then I learnt one of my clients is a Fulham fan.

Now I routinely start conference calls running through the fucking weekend.

'ah, Phil, did you see Senderos on Saturday? What was he thinking.'

The three female colleagues fucking love it though, they stare at me smiling and misty eyed like we're speaking Klingon.

dc89

One goal short on a dutch over 2.5 4 fold. Fuck it. Off to bed now, been out with the GF's family for some drinks. Night night xxxxxxxxxx

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Genuinely excited about the Fulham game tomorrow, I was dreading it but I just know one of these days we are going to unleash on someone, we havent hit form once this season, why not tomorrow? Im going to be optimistic if it kills me.

noal

Banned
Genuinely excited about the Fulham game tomorrow, I was dreading it but I just know one of these days we are going to unleash on someone, we havent hit form once this season, why not tomorrow? Im going to be optimistic if it kills me.

It's about time we slaughter someone. I just hope Moyes tries an attacking formation without the shit wingers and we just swamp them.

Of course...

Hixx

One goal short on a dutch over 2.5 4 fold. Fuck it. Off to bed now, been out with the GF's family for some drinks. Night night xxxxxxxxxx

happy birthday

Haha, that Wes Brown tackle.

I would love to know what he was thinking.

1 goal down after 5 minutes is not so bad. Hull's away form is horrendous, we would have enough to beat them.

1 man down after 5 minutes is a huuuuuge ask against any team in the league considering we are so flaky, the fucking idiot.

Arnie

I'm legit laughing at the Wes Brown tackle.

Fucking howling.

He picks up so much momentum before just spearing him.

It's the dumbest thing I've seen all day, and I watched Ozil for 60 minutes.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
De God

Rafa Jones Vidic Evra

Carrick Fletcharse

Adnan Rooney Mata

RVP

PLS MOYES.

This team, on form, should be challenging for at least fourth.

All you need is a chisel to this United team, not a hammer

Salazar

The three female colleagues fucking love it though, they stare at me smiling and misty eyed like we're speaking Klingon.

Bastard.

I have students, and fellow (not bespectacled, but bespectacled-seeming) postgrads studying 19th C Finnish novels in which men are castrated for their ways.

Colleagues in your sense of the word (denizens of a post-lapsarian glade of arf hnnggg hubba) - not for me.

Hixx

hahaha we'd get creamed with that. Not unless Moyes has managed to get Mata and Adnan to track back properly and find Carrick some pace.

You are playing Fulham.

If you can't outscore FUCKING FULHAM with that team you should, as Kyoufu likes to say, GET FUCKING RELEGATED

Tc91

hahaha we'd get creamed with that. Not unless Moyes has managed to get Mata and Adnan to track back properly and find Carrick some pace.

We have to change the system. Our wingers are absolute dog shit. 3 of the top 6 players with the most assists in the PL and we are still sticking with Valencia and Ashley fucking Young.

4th is gone, I wouldn't mind if we tried this system vs weaker teams like Fulham (stick with your shitty wingers Moyes vs the top teams, you're going to lose anyway) ready for next year when big changes happen.

Baki

Honestly I'm not terribly worried about it. It's annoying the result but it's how we react that counts.

Don't let the OTT comments from GAF concern you. They are irrelevant.

To be honest, the draw at Southampton was more worrying. But yes. Lets see how we react. We went from 7th to 4th. Maybe a loss to a team like Liverpool will wake us up for the 2nd part of the season.

Only losing to Moyes United would be more humiliating than today.

Arnie

(denizens of a post-lapsarian glade of arf hnnggg hubba).

I fucking love this. I don't really fully understand what it means but I love it nonetheless. A bit like the Universe.

I think it's the phonetics.

Phonetically speaking every post Baki makes sounds exactly like you've stuck a BT Sport microphone millimetres from Sturridge's mouth at this precise moment...

sturridgeplis4ukjz.gif

Mr Cola

To be honest, the draw at Southampton was more worrying. But yes. Lets see how we react. We went from 7th to 4th. Maybe a loss to a team like Liverpool will wake us up for the 2nd part of the season.

Ding Ding Ding

Probably our only triumph this season :p

pulga

Banned

That wasnt a loss

What we witnessed today was a full blown SM charged gang bang on an medieval scale

kharma45

You are playing Fulham.

If you can't outscore FUCKING FULHAM with that team you should, as Kyoufu likes to say, GET FUCKING RELEGATED

We should be able to beat a lot of teams still, doesn't happen though.

We have to change the system. Our wingers are absolute dog shit. 3 of the top 6 players with the most assists in the PL and we are still sticking with Valencia and Ashley fucking Young.

4th is gone, I wouldn't mind if we tried this system vs weaker teams like Fulham (stick with your shitty wingers Moyes vs the top teams, you're going to lose anyway) ready for next year when big changes happen.

We do but we don't have the dynamism in the midfield to cover for two players in Adnan and Mata who aren't exactly known for their ability to track back and pressure. It's the reason Young and Valencia get to play despite their lack of ability going forward more often than not.

Lightning

Banned

A loss to Liverpool at Anfield is not humiliating, it's the manner of the loss which is concerning. Arteta provided no cover, man marking was non existent, passing was erratic at best complete lack of urgency but if we react well like we did after City then no problem as in the end it's still only 3 points.

Baki

A loss to Liverpool at Anfield is not humiliating, it's the manner of the loss which is concerning. Arteta provided no cover, man marking was non existent, passing was erratic at best complete lack of urgency but if we react well like we did after City then no problem as in the end it's still only 3 points.

If we didn't break down after the first 2 goals. We could've been back in the game. I saw what could've been and that's what hurts. At Emirates we muffled them at the height of their form. It's a shame we didn't repeat that. Ozil acted like a petulant man child. Fuck. I know he can do so much better. It's just a shame. But yeah, it's 3 points and we are still 2nd.

Arnie

I think we still have a shot at the title. Although I think Chelsea will win it.

Nope, Fry.

That's when things go wrong. We're fourth place contenders and nout else. Chelsea and City will compete at the top end whilst Arsenal slip into the cold 3rd place abyss.

Keep focussed. Think of the Champions League anthem and the circular patch on Gerrard's arm and keep focussed.

Fry

Nope, Fry.

That's when things go wrong. We're fourth place contenders and nout else. Chelsea and City will compete at the top end whilst Arsenal slip into the cold 3rd place abyss.

Keep focussed. Think of the Champions League anthem and the circular patch on Gerrard's arm and keep focussed.

Yeah I'm cool with that.

Baki

I fucking love this. I don't really fully understand what it means but I love it nonetheless. A bit like the Universe.

I think it's the phonetics.

Phonetically speaking every post Baki makes sounds exactly like you've stuck a BT Sport microphone millimetres from Sturridge's mouth at this precise moment...

sturridgeplis4ukjz.gif

It's not my fault that my posts are too intelligible for Liverpool fans that it seems unintelligible for them.

K1LLER7

We should be able to beat a lot of teams still, doesn't happen though.

We do but we don't have the dynamism in the midfield to cover for two players in Adnan and Mata who aren't exactly known for their ability to track back and pressure. It's the reason Young and Valencia get to play despite their lack of ability going forward more often than not.

Not sure about Mata, but I think Adnan is doing okay defensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom