• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elchele

A league where the top 3 are all within 2 points distance of each other is a joke. Sure. He should have gone to a one team league instead and be in front with 13 points by now.

how would the league look without the oil clubs tho?

A league where the top 3 are all within 2 points distance of each other is a joke. Sure. He should have gone to a one team league instead and be in front with 13 points by now.

Bayern would be 9+ points ahead of the rest in EPL anyway

MPW

Bf-uygjCQAA-D_A.jpg

dat modric!

world class!

noal

Banned
Seriously, who or what is doicare?

He's like a fax machine which just feeds through total bollocks.

What's his motivation?

how would the league look without the oil clubs tho?

Moving goal posts now, huh. Not sure how that's relevant to the excitement of the league, but Arsenal, a team that hasn't won anything in the time it took 33 final fantasy games to be released, 5 points in front of Liverpool. Still much closer to the fucking joke of a league that is the bundesliga, a league where the best team can carefully steal whatever players they want from any other club.

Elchele

Moving goal posts now, huh. Not sure how that's relevant to the excitement of the league, but Arsenal, a team that hasn't won anything in the time it took 33 final fantasy games to be released, 5 points in front of Liverpool. Still much closer to the fucking joke of a league that is the bundesliga, a league where the best team can carefully steal whatever players they want from any other club.

Well, Bundesliga would change if they had oil clubs too. So yes, it does make a difference.

And Bayern would be hugely ahead of Arsenal. Or do you think Arsenal are better than Dortmund? pls.

Bayern being so far ahead is not a matter of league not being good enough, it's because Bayern are currently too good.

Mastadon

Banned
Well, Bundesliga would change if they had oil clubs too. So yes, it does make a difference.

And Bayern would be hugely ahead of Arsenal. Or do you think Arsenal are better than Dortmund? pls.

Bayern being so far ahead is not a matter of league not being good enough, it's because Bayern are currently too good.

No, if you were in the Premier League, you wouldn't be able to financially bully the other teams in the league like you currently do.

The current heavily injured Dortmund side? Probably.

But I don't care for making asinine comparisons and what if's, what if the oil clubs weren't there, what if Dortmund was in the premier league, what if your posts weren't dumb, what if I had two dicks like that guy on reddit, so many what if's. The fact of the matter is that premier league is exciting as fuck, while the only small glimmer of excitement from the Bundlesliga is from if HSV will get relegated or not.

Elchele

No, if you were in the Premier League, you wouldn't be able to financially bully the other teams in the league like you currently do.

Very stupid answer. Look how the league ended last season when Dortmund had Gotze and Lewa.

edit: and seriously, I made a troll and stupid post about Mou winning the league and you guys come with all this bs. I just found it funny that Mou could win the EPL in his first season there without much problem and yet he had such a terrible time winning something in Spain.

Feorax

Nope, Fry.

That's when things go wrong. We're fourth place contenders and nout else. Chelsea and City will compete at the top end whilst Arsenal slip into the cold 3rd place abyss.

Keep focussed. Think of the Champions League anthem and the circular patch on Gerrard's arm and keep focussed.

I think we have to push for 3rd for as long as possible for two reasons;

1. The idea that United might actually win the CL somehow still terrifies me.

2. I don't trust our transfer committee to get deals done whilst we still need to qualify for the CL group stages. That could be a huge chunk of a vital summer wasted.

pulga

Banned
Very stupid answer. Look how the league ended last season when Dortmund had Gotze and Lewa.

edit: and seriously, I made a troll and stupid post about Mou winning the league and you guys come with all this bs. I just found it funny that Mou could win the EPL in his first season there without much problem and yet he had such a terrible time winning something in Spain.

God I cant believe your posts get dumber by the day

Mastadon

Banned

That's a ridiculous argument. You're basically saying that you were already miles ahead of your nearest rivals, but just to make sure you buy their two best players. What point are you trying to make?

Bayern exist in a vacuum. There is no-one else in the league who can compete financially with you. You spent £60m last year, compared to Dortmund who had a -£5m net spend.

L1NETT

Why do you want to argue about things like this?

It just seems very "my Dad is bigger than your Dad."

Yuup. And it's endlessly boring. The big club armchair fans dick waving compeition is very dull.

Lets talk about the championship. Great league. Will burnley go up? What a turnaround at Watford and Wednesday.

Danchi

Chelsea are one point in front. It's not like they're walking it.

I don't think anyone here would say any of the teams in PL are as good as Pep's Barcelona either.

and yet you continue to talk out of your ass, like Morinho has already won the title lol. Chelsea is one point ahead of Arsenal, 2 in front of City. All that takes is one match fuck up for a team that has lost to Stoke and Newcastle. Not to mention drawn against shit like West Brom and Manchester United. There's 13 matches left and you're telling me he has easily won the league...

Lets not forget he also won things in Spain, although yes, with one of the all time best teams playing there for a good while when he was there, it was obviously hard. But that's fucking obvious, that team would have won all leagues around the world easily.

Mastadon

Banned
Yuup. And it's endlessly boring. The big club armchair fans dick waving compeition is very dull.

Lets talk about the championship. Great league. Will burnley go up? What a turnaround at Watford and Wednesday.

I'd be made up if Burnley and Leicester get the automatic promotion spots, with Forest winning in the play-offs.

Edit: Bloody hell, I completely forgot that Palace had Glenn Murray to come back from injury. He absolutely killed it last season.

we play vs Sporting today. we win (we will, they're our bitches) and we go 5 points clear of Sporting and at least 4 of Porto.

i want Jesus to be champion and then fired the next day.

Elchele

That's a ridiculous argument. You're basically saying that you were already miles ahead of your nearest rivals, but just to make sure you buy their two best players. What point are you trying to make?

Bayern exist in a vacuum. There is no-one else in the league who can compete financially with you. You spent £60m last year, compared to Dortmund who had a -£5m net spend.

Yes, so? All Bayern money is coming from tickets, TV, sponsorship deals. It's all fair deal, unlike Chelsea, Man City, etc. If the management did such a great job for many years and now we're starting to see the results of it, what's the problem? Should we limit ourself and be mediocre just to make everyone else happy? Please.

What point? That Bayern (currently) are too good for any other team or league. That's my only point. If you want to keep looking for excuses, then go ahead, all Bayern has done has been without the need of recurring to sell the club to oil kings or any other obscure "investor". Bayern is the best managed club in the world, and that made us also the currently best club in the world.

Mastadon

Banned
Yes, so? All Bayern money is coming from tickets, TV, sponsorship deals. It's all fair deal, unlike Chelsea, Man City, etc. If the management did such a great job for many years and now we're starting to see the results of it, what's the problem? Should we limit ourself and be mediocre just to make everyone else happy? Please.

What point? That Bayern (currently) are too good for any other team or league. That's my only point. If you want to keep looking for excuses, then go ahead, all Bayern has done has been without the need of recurring to sell the club to oil kings or any other obscure "investor". Bayern is the best managed club in the world, and that made us also the currently best club in the world.

You're arguing a completely different point to the one I was responding to. You said that Bayern would be miles ahead of Arsenal if Bayern were in the PL. I was suggesting that this might not be the case, because you wouldn't have the financial advantage that you currently enjoy, meaning that you couldn't outspend your rivals or poach their best players. I didn't even mention your current quality, or the source of your money.

Pls keep up.

Stop fighting you silly cunts, and let's talk about how good Liverpool is.

The more I think about it, the more disappointed I am with Gerrard giving that penalty away,

1) I want to see us keeping clean sheets
2) We could really do with a run of clean sheets, they win you games
3) It was a stupid, needless challenge
4) The back 5 deserved a clean sheet

I wouldn't say I'm angry about it, but I do find it to be a minor annoyance on what was otherwise nearly a perfect day.

Gotta moan about something, keeps me grounded :p

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
All this talk of league leaders I just want one game where we dont play like spanners, thats a season goal for United at the moment, dont play like a bunch of spanners.

All this talk of league leaders I just want one game where we dont play like spanners, thats a season goal for United at the moment, dont play like a bunch of spanners.

Do it on Wednesday, with a gutsy 0-0 pls

Lose to Fulham though by all means, knock yourselves out :p

Wilbur

Banned
Gotta watch Wooden's video when I'm home

But first comment on the Balotelli stuff

fuck them. And fuck FIFA. They do nothing to combat this fucking animal fucking bullshit, they threaten players with sanctions if they walk off and they fine fucking pathetic amounts of money that don't deter anyone. Just fucking target the fucking cunts individually and fine them one by fucking one. It's 2014. Can't believe the fucking shit some people have to go trough over the colour of their fucking skin.

I don't get angry over a lot of things, but watching that video (albeit a little drunk) has me fucking fuming. Pack of monsters.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Do it on Wednesday, with a gutsy 0-0 pls

Lose to Fulham though by all means, knock yourselves out :p

This is exactly how it will go if this season is any indication, better yet a cheeky 1-0 win over Arsenal again :p

But who knows, we played our best football this season v Fulham, if i were a betting man id put money on a feisty 20 minutes of football then probably turn off as we attempt to hold onto a goal lead for 70 minutes.

Elchele

fuck them. And fuck FIFA. They do nothing to combat this fucking animal fucking bullshit, they threaten players with sanctions if they walk off and they fine fucking pathetic amounts of money that don't deter anyone. Just fucking target the fucking cunts individually and fine them one by fucking one. It's 2014. Can't believe the fucking shit some people have to go trough over the colour of their fucking skin.

I don't get angry over a lot of things, but watching that video (albeit a little drunk) has me fucking fuming. Pack of monsters.

do we even know for sure if he was crying because of that? I seriously doubt it. I think he was just frustrated that he played like shit and has being doing so for a time now.

Arnie

Balotelli wasn't crying because he'd been racially abused.

But to your general point I give an approving nod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom