• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fergie

Banned
His comments.

ibawdgXTzrMGKs.gif

wedward

@prodnose

Danny Baker fucking nailing it.

I generally think you shouldn't read into stats very much, but in this case it just shows how dedicated to this game plan they are. Whether it is working or not is irrelevant. They just don't have the players for it and are blindly sticking with it.

GHG

Gold Member
"We kept kicking the ball into the box"

Jesus... This man. Does he not understand that top level football is not just a numbers/percentages game?

Sounds like a Sunday league coach.

I generally think you shouldn't read into stats very much, but in this case it just shows how dedicated to this game plan they are. Whether it is working or not is irrelevant. They just don't have the players for it and are blindly sticking with it.

Yeah. Normally I'd agree with him, but today the stats said it all about Man Utd's dominance, reliance on ineffective crossing and Fulham's defensive tactics

wedward

If I had an attach of RVP, Rooney, Adnan and Mata my first instinct would be to go right down the middle. RVP has never been a player who is going to latch onto crosses.

bud

"We kept kicking the ball into the box"

Jesus... This man. Does he not understand that top level football is not just a numbers/percentages game?

Sounds like a Sunday league coach.

christ. he's very clearly not suited to be managing at this level.

we kept kicking the ball into the box
how we didn't win i have no idea

you don't say that unless you're managing, like, leeds.

@prodnose

Danny Baker fucking nailing it.

This game is what you would call 'a statistical aberration'. Also, I doubt United's 'clear-cut chance' stat or 'goalframe chance' (chance within the penalty area in front of the goal) stat is high from that game. United crossed a lot and had possession but didn't create many good opportunities.

If Moyes thinks this is as bad as it gets he should take cover after Liverpool and City batter us at OT.

That might be when OT turns a little bit nasty for him.

Scum

If I had an attach of RVP, Rooney, Adnan and Mata my first instinct would be to go right down the middle. RVP has never been a player who is going to latch onto crosses.
Man Utd haven't had a good/top notch creative MC for a long while, and thanks to Moyes' wingplay, they've forgotten what its like to play through the middle.

wedward

Man Utd haven't had a good/top notch creative MC for a long while, and thanks to Moyes' wingplay, they've forgotten what its like to play through the middle.

Yup. You can see when things go wrong players first instinct is to cross it.

If Moyes gets fired. Would Fergie take over till they find a replacement?

This won't happen.

If they did that, good luck ever hiring a manager again.

Ashes

Banned
I know everyone is picking at Moyes & that's fair. But that was just a piss poor defensive display from UTD today. Two of the softest of soft goals.

vgJames

Banned
Today is the day I become team #MoyesOut - I was all for giving him time and having a trophyless season this year and possibly next for the sake of transition but he has really pushed the limit of 'transition'.

This squad won the league last year and has added Januzaj and Mata. A league winning team plus two exceptional talents. Yet we're playing aimlessly and slipping down the table.

Marc

If Moyes gets fired. Would Fergie take over till they find a replacement?

It would make things worse if he did. Any replacement coming in would know he is on their shoulder waiting... best to give it to Giggs or someone.

What is Capello up to these days? Still rate him as a league machine.

wedward

Also, Carrick is done. He needs to be replaced. He is like Arteta, but not as good. I also think Arteta needs to be replaced.

His passing is slow. He is slow. He can't defend.

Baki

Yup. You can see when things go wrong players first instinct is to cross it.

This won't happen.

If they did that, good luck ever hiring a manager again.

Tottenham/Chelsea fire managers all the time. They don't have a problem getting managers in.

Walshy

HAHAHA Carrick a world class player?
I'm dying.

"Manchester United fans are patient but I'm not going to even listen to United games on the radio anymore".

It's been three quarters of a season, I'd love to see these United fans to experience a bit of hardship, most of them have been privileged watching United for 20 years and having them win every game.

pappe

Lets just force SAF to come back till we find a proper replacement. Giving Moyes the summer transfer window will be disastrous.

If you're listening to 606 or TalkSport or any such phone in for any reason other than a few lols.

Pls.

It worries me I live on the same planet as some of those people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom