• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.
VTVC9cN.jpg

Poor Mata

doicare

Show me the stats.
I'll do the rest of the teams once i've added them up but so far this season United have had the following players out injured for the following number of games:

Fletcher 17
Fellaini 15
Ferdinand 15
Nani 13
Rafael 12
Van Persie 11
Anderson 9
Young 8
Carrick 8
Jones 8
Vidic 7
Hernández 6
Welbeck 6
Evans 6
Rooney 4
Kagawa 4
Smalling 4
Cleverley 4
Valencia 1
Januzaj 1
Evra 1

160 games missed through injury

Chelsea:
van Ginkel 18
Luiz 6
Cole 6
Torres 5
Eto'o 3
Schürrle 3
Lampard 2
Willian 2
Azpilicueta 2
Ivanovic 1
Cahill 1
Ramires 1
Oscar 1

51 games missed through injury

Man City:
Jovetic 19
Rodwell 19
Nastasic 13
Richards 12
Silva 9
Kompany 8
Agüero 8
Lescott 6
Clichy 5
Demichelis 5
Nasri 4
Zabaleta 2
Fernandinho 2

112 games missed through injury

Feorax

Either there will be an exodus this summer, or the likes of Rooney, RvP, Mata and Januzaj won't be playing in the CL next season.

Let that sink in for a minute.

Danchi

Whether Utd won that game or not, questions need to be asked about that first half performance. Stoke under Pulis played with more variety than that.

Either there will be an exodus this summer, or the likes of Rooney, RvP, Mata and Januzaj won't be playing in the CL next season.

Think you're dressing that up a fair bit.

Mata obviously isn't leaving. Januzaj the same.

Rooney won't be sold because they can only sell him to Chelsea right now so unless that changes....and apparently he is renewing his contract anyway.

RVP could leave though, but again I doubt they'd be forced into a sale.

We definitely won't be playing CL but at a maximum only one of the above will be leaving. I don't think it's too crazy for those players to go a year without CL football. Any more however...and then there is a big problem.

Scum

Feorax, pls. They're not going anywhere. Rooney will be bribed with captaincy after Vidic goes.

It's dead weight the likes of Young, Evra and Valencia that'd be out of the door.

Walshy

The older experienced players should be leaving or retiring, so that's: Ferdinand, Evra, Giggs and Vidic will be leaving.

I can see a few fringe players going, most likely: Lindegaard and Buttner

The more established players such as: Kagawa, Hernández and Nani might leave.

I can see one of RVP or Rooney leaving too, but I don't think United would let that happen.

It's a huge rebuilding job.

Lightning

Banned
I feel sorry for Moyes. When things go wrong, everything goes wrong. Everton never done 100+ crosses in a match so not sure what's up with that wank strategy.

It's hailing on Moyes. Some of it his own doing, some of it not.

Lightning

Banned
Viva is right, aside from maybe RVP, none of the best United players will leave. De Gea, Mata, Rooney, Januzaj all stay regardless.

Wilbur

Banned
Haven't seen the second half yet or read through the thread so apologies if you've changed topic or I'm repeating what's been said

But this is awful. Fulham defended well in that first half but there was no revolutionary tactical plan, it was just heading it away when we put crosses in. We are orchestrating our own downfall, and we are not utilising the players we have on the pitch.

Part of that is down to players who don't seem intelligent enough (or good enough) to take matters into their own hands and break free from whatever tactical plan clearly isn't working.

Most of it is down to Moyes. I'm losing more faith game by game. I don't have much more good will left in the reservoir that is watery bum gravy shit where my heart used to be.

And it's affecting my mood and I have to be careful I'm not being a cunt in front of customers.

Fuck you, Manchester United.

Facism

Gold Member
Great battle by Fulham to get the point. Heroic result against the giants of Manchester and their god-tier manager, Moysus Christ.

Something to be proud of.

Rene Meulensteen: "United's approach was straightforward. Get it wide, get it in the box. It can be easy to defend against."

Damn, sticking the knife in.

Welp, this was shit. Now I have to start my working week on a Sunday evening cos I spend too much time at work looking out the window. Ffs.

doicare

Stop talking to him you bell end.
I'll still see his posts when you quote him, it's a broken forum feature. There is no point talking to him, it makes you look even more moronic than him.
Feel free to try and prove me wrong, this moronic behavour of people sticking their fingers in their ears because they'd rather troll United instead of accepting the truth that United been screwed over by horendous injuries and bad luck this season is asinine.
doicare pls, what are your thoughts on moyes overall?
Moyes has been average so far but he's inherited a team in need of a major overhaul and been screwed over by bad injuries and bad luck. Just today United should have had a penalty for a hand ball but never got it.

Zabojnik

I would've been so excited about Inter - Sassuolo tonight, but since Malesani took over ... Sassuolo are dead. Berardi is dead.

Rene Meulensteen: "United's approach was straightforward. Get it wide, get it in the box. It can be easy to defend against."

Ouch. Getting to the point where either Ferguson starts telling Moyes how to do his job in some areas, or you have to sack him. His own methods are not working, and there would be no complaints if he was fucked off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom