• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caller on 606

"Now... I know it's Meulensteens first job".

6JM0nXe.png

pulga

Banned
@evilkagawa: Kagawa no in squad - we lose Stoke
Kagawa bench - we draw Fulham

Moyes get closer each week.

Imagine what happen if Kagawa actually play!

Clegg

Home from pub. May be the alcohol along but I've had enough of this rubbish. I know full well that United are just going through what other clubs have gone through in the past. But that ain't good enough for this club. I'm in the Moyes out camp. Just can't defend him anymore.

pulga

Banned
Home from pub. May be the alcohol along but I've had enough of this rubbish. I know full well that United are just going through what other clubs have gone through in the past. But that ain't good enough for this club. I'm in the Moyes out camp. Just can't defend him anymore.

bwahah Clegg, Wilbs and Viva in a day

you finally see the light, children. claw your way out of the slug's nest

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
RVP leaving? I don't see it. Who would take a 31 y/o injury prone striker who earns 12.2 million? And why would he leave all this money behind!? :p

I would've been so excited about Inter - Sassuolo tonight, but since Malesani took over ... Sassuolo are dead. Berardi is dead.

Mimmo is trying, but it's clear that he's struggling with Malesani's tactics. :(

Marc

how many times do i have to say it

..........0.jpg

he's coming, united

Good shout, Chelsea were playing some liquid football with Mata and Di Matteo running things. Can play tactical if needed too as shown by the CL.

Actually shocked a top club hasn't offered him a job yet.

Blablurn

Kagawa no in squad - we lose Stoke
Kagawa bench - we draw Fulham
Moyes get closer each week.
Imagine what happen if Kagawa actually play!

:lol

No point putting yourself in the Moyes out camp. He's not going to get sacked. They're going to let him brute force United back up the table by spending big.

operon

United fans cheer up. It was always going to be tough for anyone to succeed fergie. But it will be so easy to succeed moyes.

Splatt

RVP leaving? I don't see it. Who would take a 31 y/o injury prone striker who earns 12.2 million? And why would leave all this money behind! :p

It has again become clear to RvP that they in many aspects disagree on the way Manchester United should move forward.

Feorax

I think my post might have come across differently to how I meant it :p

He exodus I was talking about was more on the unlikely end of the scale. What I meant was that, come July, it's looking like some truly amazing talents from our league won't be playing CL football due to one manager's failures. It's kind of unprecedented.

You could argue Suarez, but even then I would argue he was only truly exceptional from last season onwards, and even then he was below what he eventually became this season. Bale the same.

United will shift out some deadwood with no European football. But the major problem is that there are still 5 clubs that are better than them. 6 if Everton actually had any money/get bankrolled by Moyes buying Baines for a horrendously large amount of money.

GHG

Gold Member
There's more to Rene Meulensteen's comments than what's on the surface.

Afterall, Moyes decided to turf him when he arrived at the club despite him being the assistant manager there with Fergie for 6 years.

He will feel like he's got one over Moyes now and is basically saying he's not doing a good enough job and he's predictable.

Burn.

Seriously plug is right about a lot of shit.

It's always hard to acknowledge it at the time but I'm taking the plunge from now on.

Lead the way, Ale.

wedward

Moyes definitely has to take the majority of the blame, but the players and Ferguson are also to blame.

Ferguson for prioritizing his final season over the future of the club

The players for playing like utter shit and letting him down. They don't believe in him.

For those in the Moyes out camp, who would you bring in?

Clegg

We haven't played with much guile since Ronaldo left but at least there was some variation in attacks. Now its just cross after cross after cross. Moyes isnt a stupid man, but you just have to come to the conclusion that he doesn't have the tactical ability to coach this side. Most decent managers would be carving up defences with Rooney, RVP and Mata.

I don't blame him for the sloppy defending though. That's all in the players. First goal was an absolute joke.

bud23

I remember those times when laugh at United´s miseries was funny. It was unusual. Now, it happens every single week, and ,hopefully, will happen for the next six years. Man, it's not funny anymore .

Thanks for nothing, Moyes :(
ix5hNAArIgXiW.png

Moyes has to stay until May by default. Simeone ain't leaving in February, neither's Klopp, and they're the only 2 worthy and qualified to manage them imo. And even then, I very much doubt either would be willing to leave in the summer. Heynckes maybe? :p

WJD

Arsenal (A)
Palace (A)
Liverpool (H)
City (H)
WBA (A)
West Ham (A)

Er... What can we realistically expect from this? Like... 9 points?

wedward

*dead OddMorsel Manchester United Football Club*

I would not be surprised to see RVP try and move this summer. He is 31, injury prone and approaching the end of his career.

He will want to be playing on a team that can compete for the CL.

Don't think he will put up with not knowing when he will play in the CL again.

Don't think they will sell, but he might try and agitate it.

Ashes

Banned
There's more to Rene Meulensteen's comments than what's on the surface.

Afterall, Moyes decided to turf him when he arrived at the club despite him being the assistant manager there with Fergie for 6 years.

He will feel like he's got one over Moyes now and is basically saying he's not doing a good enough job and he's predictable.

Burn.

Meulensteen was first team coach not assistant manager. Phelan was assistant manager.

And the stats suggest the attack wasn't the problem so much. You have a team parking the bus on the 6 yard box - which is okay [needs must]. The defense was atrocious.

Vidic and Evra at fault. But you're defending a lead, and a tired Fulham of all teams have cut through 11 players like butter.

Clegg

Should probably say that even though I want him gone, it's likely that he'll still be here at the start of next season. He has the backing of the board. They've given him £60m to buy two players and he'll be given much more in the summer.

He may end up assembling a very good squad for somebody more capable to manage.

Arsenal (A)
Palace (A)
Liverpool (H)
City (H)
WBA (A)
West Ham (A)

Er... What can we realistically expect from this? Like... 9 points?
I can honestly see us losing those next 4.

We probably won't cos that's just nuts but yeah, 3 of those teams are much better than we are and Palace are on fire :lol

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
As Bungie says, he won't be sacked.

Do think the Glazers will be clenching as they hand over the war chest though.

Moyes can identify and buy good players

Whether he can get the best out of them is another matter, he is 0-2 so far with 57 odd million spent. Mata has 3 assists in 3 games, that is very good, despite this the style we play neuters him, and Moyes persists in using it.

wedward

Most decent managers would be carving up defences with Rooney, RVP and Mata.

This is why I think ultimately he has to go. I just don't think he knows how to get a team to play modern, quick, attacking football.

Imagine that attack with a manager like Wenger, Pep, Klopp, Simone, Rodgers.

Feorax

I can honestly see us losing those next 4.

We probably won't cos that's just nuts but yeah, 3 of those teams are much better than we are and Palace are on fire :lol

WBA have also been a nightmare for top teams. Everyone bar City have dropped points to them.

Before I go to bed, I want to say that whatever happens. This was a great weekend. Thanks football! It's absolutely fantastic to see Manchester United: looking tactically inept, devoid of confidence, dropping cheap points at home, conceding last minute goals at home, not getting refereeing decisions at Old Trafford, having Moyes (you don't need trophies to be a winner) as manager, playing a £37million PLAYMAKER on the wing and making him hit crosses endlessly, generally being a laughing stock.

Goodnight all!

KtWuL.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom