• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moyes can identify and buy good players

Whether he can get the best out of them is another matter, he is 0-2 so far with 57 odd million spent. Mata has 3 assists in 3 games, that is very good, despite this the style we play neuters him, and Moyes persists in using it.
Make Moyes DoF!

pulga

Banned
Seriously plug is right about a lot of shit.

It's always hard to acknowledge it at the time but I'm taking the plunge from now on.

Lead the way, Ale.

ronaldo-salute.gif

Step 1: Buy Khedira in the summer. I can assure you'll win the treble
Uus4Plt.png

Marc

They'll go for Rodgers. They'd be stupid not to ask, and Rodgers would be stupid to take it.

Would love that, they should offer it as a part time thing so he can stay as Liverpool manager. Mark it down as a long term project.

He would be mad to do it, its a shit job that no one can win in, with all the odds stacked against you from the start... but I can only hope. The Woy era leaves me desperate.

I'd say 4 points.

Win against Brom and draw against West Ham.

Who knows though. I wouldnt be surprised if United didn't get anything from those matches.

Clegg

RVP has 3 goals in 3 games since his return and Mata 3 assists in three (slightly dodgy assists but they still count). So we have forwards who are contributing. But it all seems to be through their own individual skill or through a bit if luck rather than any sort of tactical attacking patterns.

Vidic and Evra had stinkers today. Genuinely starting to think that Nemanja leaving might be good for all parties.

Dark Rider

Recommending Moyes is Fergie grand plan. Fergie had a lot of grief and criticism in recent years for his mistakes and so he brought forth the Moyes on the team to achieve one or both of:
1) Bring Manchester United worse years in decades so everyone cry Fergie's days a river.
2) To get back as Manchester United manager and after Moyes days everyone will be praying in his alter that no one will ever grief him again the way they did in recent years.

Its the perfect plan.

/conspiracy theory

Would love that, they should offer it as a part time thing so he can stay as Liverpool manager. Mark it down as a long term project.

He would be mad to do it, its a shit job that no one can win in, with all the odds stacked against you from the start... but I can only hope. The Woy era leaves me desperate.

Our brand of football I think would be very easy to drill into any team that has a decent stock of pacy, direct attackers, and its the type of football I want to see England play and have done for over a decade. Seems to be a good manager for bringing youngters through too.

Scum

I'm on the Brenden for England boat too. His Liverpool style will fit England well.

RVP has 3 goals in 3 games since his return and Mata 3 assists in three (slightly dodgy assists but they still count). So we have forwards who are contributing. But it all seems to be through their own individual skill or through a bit if luck rather than any sort of tactical attacking patterns.

Vidic and Evra had stinkers today. Genuinely starting to think that Nemanja leaving might be good for all parties.

---------------------- RVP --------------------
Adnan ---------- Rooney ---------- Mata
------------ Carrick ----- Kagawa -----------
Coentrao -- Jones -- Evans -- Rafael
------------------- de Gea ---------------------

Kagawa as makeshift MC while Moyes searches for a new one.

wedward

I'm on the Brenden for England boat too. His Liverpool style will fit England well.

Kagawa as makeshit MC while Moyes searches for a new one.

An opposing player could run from one end of the pitch to the other and not even be touched.

Disagree with this. If the fans make a massive thing out of it at OT the club will get rid. Happens at any club.

You want Moyes out today, right?

Who would you replace him with?

kharma45

Kagawa as makeshit MC while Moyes searches for a new one.

Kagawa is too lightweight for CM, you'd be better off forcing Rooney in there.

An opposing player could run from one end of the pitch to the other and not even be touched.

You want Moyes out today, right?

Who would you replace him with?

Nah no point in getting rid today unless we have a replacement set up. Much more likely to get good managers in the summer.

Danchi

No offense, Scum, but that formation looks like Moyes-level tactics after Utd go a goal down. Just overload the pitch with attacking players.

The players on the pitch were more than good enough to beat Fulham. Formations and even to an extent personnel don't matter when you play as one-dimensional and poorly as Utd did today.

Scum

No offense, Scum, but that formation looks like Moyes-level tactics after Utd go a goal down. Just overload the pitch with attacking players.

The players on the pitch were more than good enough to beat Fulham. Formations and even to an extent personnel don't matter when you play as one-dimensional and poorly as Utd did today.

That's for this game though. That front four should be scaring the shit out of Fulham at home.

Facism

Gold Member
RVP leaving? I don't see it. Who would take a 31 y/o injury prone striker who earns 12.2 million? And why would he leave all this money behind!? :p

Galatasaray.

BAYERN

BAYERN

BAYERN

BAYERN

BAYERN

BAYERN

tumblr_n0qfucNJwd1qg4188o1_500.jpg

BAYERN

BAYERN

BAYERN

BAYERN

BAYERN

this is just grown men.

getting paid a lot of money.

To kick a ball around.

So plebs can watch them and worship them.

They're all laughing at you.

Gained 3 points on Arsenal
Gained 2 points on City
Went 3 further points ahead of Everton
Went 2 further points ahead of Man Utd
As you were with Spurs

Lovely, you dun gud B-Rod. No slip-ups on Wednesday pls, as good as Fulham's result was today, they're still bottom of the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom