• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scum

@footballfactman: Its worth noting that fulham have been one of the best defenders of crosses from wide positions all yr

tumblr_inline_mfjo8jcrsO1rtrzew.gif

Wilbur

Banned
Arsenal (A)
Palace (A)
Liverpool (H)
City (H)
WBA (A)
West Ham (A)

Er... What can we realistically expect from this? Like... 9 points?

Best we can hope for is six draws

The sooner we lie down and choke on the cock of fate the better

Lightning

Banned
Gonna be shit if this run continues into next season and the players we don't wanna leave decide to jack it in.
You're being pessimistic. You laughed at us yesterday while being so down on your own club.

Moyes will buy in the summer. Nothing to worry about longterm. Short short term frustration, it will pass.

Wilbur

Banned
Going back a few hours but I think Fergie was an underrated tactician; the fluid 4-3-3 with Ronaldo and Tevez was brilliant, the performance against Madrid last season was absolutely fantastic until Nani got sent off, the way we played at the Etihad last year showed immense lessons learnt from the season before. I don't think he was a tactical pioneer but he was better than given credit sometimes on that side of things.

Labadal

Man United's away record is better than ours. They have 20 pts, we have only 16.

We have 13 points more at home.

That's some crazy shit.

I remember when playing United away made most teams shit their pants.

Hixx

Man United's away record is better than ours. They have 20 pts, we have only 16.

We have 13 points more at home.

That's some crazy shit.

I remember when playing United away made most teams shit their pants.

Well, it was only 10 months ago.

Randdalf

Going back a few hours but I think Fergie was an underrated tactician; the fluid 4-3-3 with Ronaldo and Tevez was brilliant, the performance against Madrid last season was absolutely fantastic until Nani got sent off, the way we played at the Etihad last year showed immense lessons learnt from the season before. I don't think he was a tactical pioneer but he was better than given credit sometimes on that side of things.

He also had one of the best if not the best coaching staff and scouting system in the world.

Batigol

Banned
You're being pessimistic. You laughed at us yesterday while being so down on your own club.

Moyes will buy in the summer. Nothing to worry about longterm. Short short term frustration, it will pass.

He's going to buy Osman and bring Duncan Ferguson out of retirement

Yen

I just googled "Jordan Henderson gif" to reply to Lightning cry about MOTD and Ozil, but found this instead:

tumblr_mi6ixk9DeH1qaqpeko5_500.jpg

Seriously, Wooden made this didn't he.

K1LLER7

In the past 2 games, Rooney and RVP have only successfully passed to each other 5 times (including kick-offs)

What is this team doing :_;

Clegg

Haha. Your boy is a flop, just embrace it.

0 goals and 2 assists in his past 10 games. All of our middle three have better stats :lol
Is this stat accurate?

Mata has more assists in his three games for us than Ozil in his last 10. And he's playing out wide for a team that doesn't know how to attack.

Mastadon

Banned
Is this stat accurate?

Mata has more assists in his three games for us than Ozil in his last 10. And he's playing out wide for a team that doesn't know how to attack.

Yep. Obviously I'm joking when I call him a flop, but I'm sure even Lightning will agree that he's been disappointing recently.

Edit: Or not.

After just 3 games for us, Juan Mata already has more assists than any other United player apart from Rooney.

Is this counting that cardiff "assist" that was just a pass to Ashley Messi Young, who then took on the whole defense and scored? and his terrible shot today that ended up at Van Persie? Well I guess everything counts, like all the Torres assists lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom