• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1LLER7

Crosses this weekend:
Munich: 11
A Madrid: 17
R Madrid: 19
Chelsea: 19
Juve: 21
Dortmund: 24
City: 39
United: 82

ibhRNR4Hx6Iji3.gif

FootballFan

on twitter.

didn't have Barca's. sorry mate :(

edit: http://www.fourfourtwo.com/statszone/23-2013/matches/707825/team-stats/179/2_ATTACK_01#tabs-wrapper-anchor

Barca 19 crosses - 3 successful.

Thanks.

I can't believe today's result. Can't believe we conspired to draw two fucking all at home to Fulham.

I told you all it would be close, 2-1 was my guess. But holy shit at Moyes trying to justify the insane amount of crosses by mentioning that it in Manchesters genetic code.

Januzaj only got 30 minutes. /dead

Lightning

Banned
I can't believe today's result. Can't believe we conspired to draw two fucking all at home to Fulham.
The more concerning thing, other than too many crosses, is Moyes hasn't sorted United's defence and thats supposed to be Moyes strong point in management. 2 goals to Fulham? That's poor and the defending for the first goal.,,

Salazar

The more concerning thing, other than too many crosses, is Moyes hasn't sorted United's defence and thats supposed to be Moyes strong point in management. 2 goals to Fulham? That's poor and the defending for the first goal.,,

Midfield should have tracked Sidwell.

But there were horrible CB problems all the way through. When Fulham broke, Vidic was telling Smalling where to go (and pointing), and Smalling wasn't going. Two players converging on one attacker - and not even making the challenge.

Oh, and Arnie - you can laugh it up at Wes Brown, but Flanagan's two-footed jump was nightmarishly shit.

Fuck Arsenal, I have never been so angry. The scorline was not the problem, it was that pathetic display.

I knew it was on the cards when I saw the lineup. Wenger is a clueless fuck. Arteta and The Ox should have been in the midfield. Wilshere shouldn't have started and should never play that deep unless it is alongside Flamini. The Ox would have provided moreenergy and is better defenaively than Wilshere .

Padolski should have also started. He was immense last season at Anfield because we kept hitting them on the counter. That is when he is at his best. Liverpool are lightning quick and we should have played a more defensive game and taken advantage of their poor defense on the counter.

Liverpool were a joy to watch. They deserved to have beaten us by 8 or 9 goals. The first two goals were good set pieces but the other three we ahould have been able to prevent with a more pragmatic approach to the game.

Once again Feb turns up and it looks like the pressure of the big games will get to the manager and the players. It is looking like it could be another trophyless season. Wenger is completely at fault for not strengthening this squad in January. That is now three very poor league performances in a row and the next week will truly make or break our season. If we beat United and knock out Liverpool than hopefully we gain regain confidence going into the CL games.

Wow. A really big moment happened today in American sports. Michael Sam, who was one of the best defensive ends in college football this past season, came out as gay prior to the NFL Draft. There hasn't been a single major American athlete to come out while active so this is a massive, massive deal. Could be some major repercussions across sports in general!

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/10/s...ays-he-is-gay-ahead-of-nfl-draft.html?hp&_r=1

Good for him, and I hope he is treated well and that it leads to more players having the confidence to do this.

Salazar

Moyes starting to lose the backing of fans now.

Let's face it. There's not much in the way of personal charisma there. Nobody but a dawn-to-dusk window-licker is ever going to be a "fan of Moyes".

I mean, the man's not even an anti-hero. He's a work experience lad who has, over the course of a few months, repeatedly got his limbs caught in the machinery. Fuck him off now. I don't care if it involves a spasm of corporate embarrassment.

I'm put in mind of some nurk sitting in a car that won't fucking start and is starting to belch flames out of "loyalty".

sneaky77

Let's face it. There's not much in the way of personal charisma there. Nobody but a dawn-to-dusk window-licker is ever going to be a "fan of Moyes".

I mean, the man's not even an anti-hero. He's a work experience lad who has, over the course of a few months, repeatedly got his limbs caught in the machinery. Fuck him off now. I don't care if it involves a spasm of corporate embarrassment.

I'm put in mind of some nurk sitting in a car that won't fucking start and is starting to belch flames out of "loyalty".

The people that want to give Moyes time are starting to annoy me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDdVg5Bczpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_C5P1dmEDM

K1LLER7

Haha exactly. Seems like there's some sort of expectation at United that they have to give a manager time. If he was doing okay or even showing signs of positive change, then keep him, give him time. But all he's done over these 7 months is break all the wrong records. Constantly spewing the same nonsense after matches and seems inept at making any sort of tactical changes. Some doubts over whether the Glazers would get rid of him so soon, considering the club would have to pay a large sum to upon his exit.

Who should replace him?

Klopp.

I wouldnt mind giving Moyes a shot if he changes strategies but yesterday's match was like asking to be fired. Over 80 crosses in the game, while you fill your front 4 with some of the best in Europe. What the shit.

RVP looked really alone too. He didn't seem to communicate much with other players. Morale is definitely the second issue on why we lost yesterday.

Salazar

Who should replace him?

A thinker. Someone without the words "I don't know why we don't/can't/didn't" in their public repertoire.

Football GAF

or Martinez

Visions of Scum striding in with a bulging file of printouts of his Utd-GAF formation freelancing over the years.

RVP looked really alone too. He didn't seem to communicate much with other players. Morale is definitely the second issue on why we lost yesterday.

Aye. I am horrifically limited as a footballer, but when I do trundle up front, I want the ball to feet. You take what you can get, but that's the baseline expectation for someone playing in a competently organised team. God knows how much it peeves Robin.

subtles

Meulensteen, who left United when Sir Alex Ferguson stepped down last summer, said: ‘When I saw United today I thought the game-plan was quite straightforward – get it wide, get it in.

‘If you’re well-organised and the goalkeeper is in good positions to come and collect the ball, it can be easy [to defend against]. You need a little bit of creativity and a bit of variety at times to open [teams] up

This, coming from the man he 'sacked', just says it all really. Moyes never had the best in game management but this was just something else.

I wonder what his training sessions are like?

Edit: He's taking them to Dubai. Dave pls.

Edit2: Does this sound like Moyes United?

Anyone with respectable FM credentials and who promises never to play Young would already be better than Moyes.

Pretty much.
Yesterday's game reminded me of my first few hours in FM. I was horrified that it was happening in real life.

Also, does anyone know any good natural or mild sleep aid to get.

So I follow Arsenal as much as I can from the US, but it's difficult to follow the entire league over here.

That said, what the fuck is up with Napoli fans? Chanting racist shit, something about threatening Arsenal fans or the like earlier in the year... Why?

Scum

--------------------- RVP --------------------
Adnan ---- Rooney/Kagawa ---- Mata
---------- Carrick ------ Schneiderlin -----
Coentrao --- Jones --- Evans --- Rafael

Attacking, short passing, creative freedom and plenty of pressing. I'll take the job now, Sal.

GHG

Gold Member
This, coming from the man he 'sacked', just says it all really. Moyes never had the best in game management but this was just something else.

I wonder what his training sessions are like?

Edit: He's taking them to Dubai. Dave pls.

Edit2: Does this sound like Moyes United?

God those training sessions sound dull as fuck. No wonder the players look devoid of life at the moment, they must be bored out of their minds. I bet he has them doing runs round the pitch for miles and miles as well.

I had thought Man Utd were favourites for 4th last week. But that performance yesterday was truly pathetic. There really is no hope for them.

My new favourites for fourth are Arsenal :(

I had thought Man Utd were favourites for 4th last week. But that performance yesterday was truly pathetic. There really is no hope for them.

My new favourites for fourth are Arsenal :(

We told you man. Moyes is our Allegri. Quality of play is more important than the points gap between the teams.

subtles

God those training sessions sound dull as fuck. No wonder the players look devoid of life at the moment, they must be bored out of their minds. I bet he has them doing runs round the pitch for miles and miles as well.

It's not just around the pitch.
KuGsj.gif

'No team will ever out-run us'

New Manchester United first-team coach, Phil Neville, provided a low-down of these methods two years ago while playing under Moyes at Everton. They included being plunged into freezing rivers, running up sand dunes until the players are at a standstill, and sharp running in rivers covering distances between 100metres and 300m in what they called ‘the horse shoe.’

Neville has known players to be sick through all the physicality, but as he said, ‘‘no team will ever out-run us.’’ This is perhaps why Moyes’ Everton sides often did so well in the final months of a season, because they built up the energy to cope with the physical demands that the nine month season inevitably brings (11 months if you count pre-season training). Whether all this exertion knackered them out for the early parts of a campaign (Everton were often notoriously slow starters under Moyes) is open to debate.

They couldn't run anymore so they had to cross and cross, then cross some more.

I'm starting to hate your opinoins! They suck

Did Saturday night not happen??? I hate my opinions, but I know them to sadly be true about this team. This team have put in three terrible league performances in a row and we just had that soul desteoying loss to start our most important run of games. Feb will be fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom