• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
We have been unlucky, but Moyes talks as if that's the only thing going wrong. Hopefully out of the public eye he's actually saying something else other than that fucking rancid shite.

luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck

Shut the fuck up Moyes, starting to sound like a fucking chicken.

Blablurn

Ready for more crosses?

200px-Wade_training_cross.jpg

Much as I'd like to see you persist, you need to get rid asap. He is Hodgson all over again, it would be irresponsible to hand patience, money and the immediate future of the club to someone so clearly out of his depth.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Erik Lamela's injury had the Tottenham manager Tim Sherwood shrugging his shoulders after a back strain caused by over-compensation for his original injury ruled him out of tomorrow's trip to Newcastle and the rest of the foreseeable future.

"It is difficult to adapt to a different country, a different league and a different language as well but when you are suffering up these niggles, and something more than minor at the moment, it is disappointing for the lad," Sherwood said.

"We signed him for the long-term and we are sure that in the end he will come good for Tottenham and be a crowd favourite here.

"We are all big fans of him when we see him in training, it is difficult to adjust to a different style of play and a different language, I'm sure Erik will pick it up and by the time he is fit he will be fluent!"

Such a shame. He was really working hard in his appearances under Sherwood, seems like he won't be back until March. I hope we stick with him and keep him, he needs a good pre-season and a clear role in the side, I would hate to let such a good talent leave just because AVB dicked him around.

Fergie

Banned
@ManUtd: #mufc must produce quality at Arsenal. Moyes: “We’re a top side & hopefully we’ll show that. We'll do everything to pick up the 3 points.”

CROSS CROSS CROSS CROSS CROSS

GHG

"Get it in the box" and "hopefully" you'll get some "luck".

Moyes teamtalk 101.

Wilbur

Banned
Much as I'd like to see you persist, you need to get rid asap. He is Hodgson all over again, it would be irresponsible to hand patience, money and the immediate future of the club to someone so clearly out of his depth.

It's odd because in some aspects I feel sorry for him and root for him; coming out and saying there wasn't enough quality in the squad, addressing our issues in centre midfield, how he's handled Rooney and Januzaj so far shows he's doing some things right. And he certainly seems to care far more about us than Hodgson ever did for you.

But the football - the ninety minutes a week that makes the hours we spend following every single thing he does and breathing in every word he utters and lapping up every quote and bit of team news worthwhile - is terrible. All his work on the training field, good it may be. All his work as manager of the club, good it may be. But we aren't seeing any evidence of that when it comes to actual results, so for that, I'm coming increasingly close to agreeing with everyone who wants him gone now.

It's odd because in some aspects I feel sorry for him and root for him; coming out and saying there wasn't enough quality in the squad, addressing our issues in centre midfield, how he's handled Rooney and Januzaj so far shows he's doing some things right. And he certainly seems to care far more about us than Hodgson ever did for you.

But the football - the ninety minutes a week that makes the hours we spend following every single thing he does and breathing in every word he utters and lapping up every quote and bit of team news worthwhile - is terrible. All his work on the training field, good it may be. All his work as manager of the club, good it may be. But we aren't seeing any evidence of that when it comes to actual results, so for that, I'm coming increasingly close to agreeing with everyone who wants him gone now.

Yeah, calling him a Hodgson is entirely on the playing and rentaquote side, he's clearly desperate to succeed and the bad results are killing him, whereas Hodgson seemed happy enough just to have the words 'Liverpool manager' on his CV, results and performances seemed like an afterthought

Wonder if Moyes at Utd is just too much of a step up to make in one, or if he'll never be cut out for such a job where everything is put under a microscope, and constantly gaining points is a requirement to a greater extent than it was at Everton

L1NETT

Who would United go for if Moyes was sacked?

A darn good question. Very easy to say sack the Scottish ballsack, but there aren't any available stand out candidates

If there aren't, and someone else comes in and does poorly for 6 months/ a year...then what? Into the sack cycle.

I dunno it's tough. Need someone who over two or three windows can either buy players who fit the traditional united system or will bring their own image to the club.

A darn good question. Very easy to say sack the Scottish ballsack, but there aren't any available stand out candidates

If there aren't, and someone else comes in and does poorly for 6 months/ a year...then what? Into the sack cycle.

I dunno it's tough. Need someone who over two or three windows can either buy players who fit the traditional united system or will bring their own image to the club.

JFK is available

GHG

I think the bolded is key. You guys need someone who is bold and has enough charisma to come in and do things their way. Moyes is essentially a "yes man" to Fergie and thats why its getting you nowhere, because to be frank, Fergie he aint.

We'll face the same problem when it ultimately comes to replacing Wenger. Which is why I'd rather he didn't retire here so that when he's done managing us, he can go elsewhere and leave the new manager to do what he wants with the club and its methods.

I

We'll face the same problem when it ultimately comes to replacing Wenger. Which is why I'd rather he didn't retire here so that when he's done managing us, he can go elsewhere and leave the new manager to do what he wants with the club and its methods.

Don't worry. Wenger will be gone to PSG in the summer to be their new director.

I just hope we make a move for Simeone. Passionate and full of ambition. Hopefully he doesn't mind dropping down a level to come to us. Might be able to bring Costa with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom