• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

BgMMoCBCAAAYEZ1.jpg

lol. That's brilliant.

Arnie

lol Soldado

Another worldie summer signing from Tottenham.

I'd rather have Aspas*, which is fucking saying something.

*Because he cost a quarter of the price and isn't expected to do much anyway. I appreciate that Soldado's probably a better player, but unfortunately joining a soulless entity has eaten his buda.

lol Soldado

Another worldie summer signing from Tottenham.

I'd rather have Aspas*, which is fucking saying something.

*Because he cost a quarter of the price and isn't expected to do much anyway. I appreciate that Soldado's probably a better player, but unfortunately joining a soulless entity has eaten his buda.

What a shame :(

Robert Soldier is a great player, it's sad to see him having trouble adjusting to the PL.

Salazar

but unfortunately joining a soulless entity has eaten his buda.

To Dare is to Do

Probably sounds better in Latin, to be fair, but I fucking chortle every time the camera pans around WHL. All mottos and maxims have a core of pure naff, but that is just fucking prancing incomprehensible wibble all the way through.

It terminates with the less beguiling verb, ffs. Who fucking does that. Someone with a stunned eel's sense of language does that.

There is no way RVP, Rooney and DDG are leaving. No way. We don't need the money, we aren't forced to sell anyone unless they offer exorbitant amounts.

Rooney and DDG's contracts expire in 18 months. There's no danger this summer, but next? A lot will depend on our top four trajectory come Christmas/January.

Fergie

Banned
http://www1.skysports.com/football/...im-scapegoat-for-manchester-uniteds-struggles

"I watch Spanish football a lot," Cleverley says. "If they pass the ball sideways but keep possession, the fans clap them.

"Their attitude is that as long as you have got the ball, the other team can't hurt you.

"My job goes under the radar at times. I am not a player who's going to beat three or four people and stick it in the top corner or go round tackling people like Roy Keane

gSQ7Dko.gif

Recycling possession to shitty wingers like Young and Valencia, then getting tackled incredibly easily.

Clev pls.

FootballFan

lol usa pls.

it's always been a huge fear of mine of dying from it overnight in my sleep.

to be fair my old housekeeper's husband died from it.. they were very poor and he couldn't afford to go to the hospital so he tried to just sleep it off (he didn't actually know what was wrong)

actually maybe dying might be easier.. an appendectomy in the US costs about $55,000.

Salazar

Hilarious how our midfielders act as if "U dun score gols" is the sum of public criticism.

I dunno. Maybe Fletcher and ClevGOD have a peculiar aural defect whereby only the voice of Alan Hansen reaches them.

Maybe they're wily enough not to want to engage with the more salient and defensible criticisms. I don't fucking want Cleverley to shoot. I can't imagine any United fan who has seen his attempts on goal wanting him to repeat them, let alone increase their frequency.

Clegg

Hilarious how our midfielders act as if "U dun score gols" is the sum of public criticism.

I dunno. Maybe Fletcher and ClevGOD have a peculiar aural defect whereby only the voice of Alan Hansen reaches them.

Maybe they're wily enough not to want to engage with the more salient and defensible criticisms. I don't fucking want Cleverley to shoot. I can't imagine any United fan who has seen his attempts on goal to want him to repeat them, let alone increase their frequency.
There was that time he scored a cracker against Newcastle.

Although on reflection that was probably a cross rather than a shot.

right, football gaf meet up in March. I don't care if it is in Sheffield/London/where ever gets us the most people!

I am guessing weekends suit most people so we would have to find a day with only one good game or something so we can watch it in the pub and then play football before/after. I will buy a pitch for an hour or two depending on how many people say yes and what dates!

Salazar

Although on reflection that was probably a cross rather than a shot.

Moyes tactics avant Moyes.

A foreshadowing. Like a goat dying. We got to eat that goat, but it were a portent innit.

right, football gaf meet up in March. I don't care if it is in Sheffield/London/where ever gets us the most people!

I am guessing weekends suit most people so we would have to find a day with only one good game or something so we can watch it in the pub and then play football before/after. I will buy a pitch for an hour or two depending on how many people say yes and what dates!

I'm in Oxford (and can pretty sharpishly be in London) 22 to 30. Got lunch in Soho on 24th.

Kyoufu

You're going to play Rust at the meetup aren't you.

WJD

I'm in.

I'm in Oxford (and can pretty sharpishly be in London) 22 to 30. Got lunch in Soho on 24th.

Hopefully do it around then!

You're going to play Rust at the meetup aren't you.

You won't come cause you are terrified of meeting any of us will you :p

Shocking News time - Kyoufu has never watched a football match at a ground at any level! He wouldn't even take a free ticket from me to see Chelsea vs Newcastle!

<3

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Depending on where it is ill come, if theres football involved definitely

dc89

@StuBrennanMEN
Fernandinho and Aguero "will be one week more" says Pellegrini, and he doesn't think they will be fit for Barca

DAMN IT!

L1NETT

I'm a Yarp for that Quiche.

---

Lunch in Soho eh Sal

Off to Heaven after ;-)

Or it might just be a lunch.

Probably just a lunch

fuck london

lets do leeds

Whatcha doing son. Would rather have a bath of bovril.

How about a curry on Leeds road.

Fergie

Banned
His job goes "under the radar" at lot because he actually does nothing of note, ever.

Pls don't chose tomorrow to start doing things
Just passing sideways garners nothing.

He just gets taken out of the game easily, gets tackled, can't get out of tight spots. It's like playing with 10 men.

Fellaini and Carrick should be our main till summer.

Just passing sideways garners nothing.

He just gets taken out of the game easily, gets tackled, can't get out of tight spots. It's like playing with 10 men.

Fellaini and Carrick should be our main till summer.

I disagree, it doesn't garner a zero sum benefit, it actually garners a demonstrable disbenefit.

Predictable passing sideways ends up with wingers being pressed heavily who then pass back to the defenders who then hoof it up to the strikers who lose the ball.

His entire game is to defer responsibility for being decisive.

Hixx

I'm a Yarp for that Quiche.

---

Lunch in Soho eh Sal

Off to Heaven after ;-)

Or it might just be a lunch.

Probably just a lunch

Whatcha doing son. Would rather have a bath of bovril.

How about a curry on Leeds road.

Leeds is canny its just the football club really.

Fergie

Banned
I disagree, it doesn't garner a zero sum benefit, it actually garners a demonstrable disbenefit.

Predictable passing sideways ends up with wingers being pressed heavily who then pass back to the defenders who then hoof it up to the strikers who lose the ball.

His entire game is to defer responsibility for being decisive.
slow-lol-zoom.gif.pagespeed.ce.W6KYLKhPyB.gif

jesalr

I'm listening to 'The Fighting Cock' podcast and these guys are so fucking pessimistic!

They're pretty pessimistic about ENIC at the moment, were massive fans of AVB, so the switch probably set them off a bit. Couple that with the way the club treats fans at times, it can seem a bit sour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom