• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

kharma45

right, football gaf meet up in March. I don't care if it is in Sheffield/London/where ever gets us the most people!

I am guessing weekends suit most people so we would have to find a day with only one good game or something so we can watch it in the pub and then play football before/after. I will buy a pitch for an hour or two depending on how many people say yes and what dates!

I could see about staying over some weekend. Would need to get a hotel sorted (you can pay for that) as I don't believe the place I'm staying at during the week lets us keep the room over the weekend. I'll hopefully find out what's happening accommodation wise soon as I can't be arsed carting all my stuff home every week and I'll probably end up creasing the fuck out of my suits.

Wilbur

Banned
someone make an icon PLEASE

top.jpg

Whats this about Ravel going on loan to QPR?

He seems to be throwing his toys out of the pram (probably because he didn't get that move to Fulham his agent was engineering) and insisting he's got a niggling injury that prevents him from playing when the medical staff say he's clear to play, so Sam wants rid of him for the time being. All sorts of rumours about him having a shit attitude, getting in bust ups with other players and throwing a tantrum because his agent was supposedly banned from attending training sessions.

Fergie

Banned
He seems to be throwing his toys out of the pram (probably because he didn't get that move to Fulham his agent was engineering) and insisting he's got a niggling injury that prevents him from playing when the medical staff say he's clear to play, so Sam wants rid of him for the time being. All sorts of rumours about him having a shit attitude, getting in bust ups with other players and throwing a tantrum because his agent was supposedly banned from attending training sessions.
He's just a moron.

All these opportunities and he squanders it.

I'm guessing he's in training to replace Gerrard as the main man in the middle. Hopefully, he'll be good enough, though Gerrard was a lot better at his age.

Don't want to sound like I'm having a go, but we really, really have to forget about replacing the player that Gerrard was. He's one-of-a-kind. If we find a like-for-like replacement, it'll be through chance. To buy one would cost £50m.

We've changed the setup to cope with his decline, and we'll have to do the same to cope with his eventual phasing out of the team, and it'll do nobody any favours to say 'when Gerrard was that age, playing that role, he was world class. Why can't Henderson score 15 a season?'

Let Henderson be Henderson, hope he can nail down the CM spot, but forget about comparisons to Stevie of old as that will only ever lead to disappointment and a harsh judgement of the player 'failing' to do so.

Glad the match is going ahead, though I was kinda looking forward to watching the Arsenal game with full concentration :p

When we buy the albino midfield Berardi, do we get a discount if we loan him back to Derby?

Just realised I no longer have any Arsenal players in my fantasy team...

What does it mean!?

The goals and assists are spread too much to make it worth having attackers, the defenders don't score or assist enough to make it worth the increased likelihood of a clean sheet.

I can't believe there's a Man Utd fan on the planet who wants to lose to Arsenal to get Moyes out. I undestand the general attitude even if I don't like or agree with it, but not against Arsenal

Kikarian

Sherwood on Moyes: "Moyes was SAF's choice as would have been mine. Nobody is more hard working. In time he will get it right."

pls Sherwood

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Russia Coach Fabio Capello has questioned the decision by Juventus counterpart Antonio Conte to cancel his players’ day off.

Conte was angry at the way the Old Lady threw away a two goal lead in Verona on Sunday and called the team in for extra training on Monday.

“I have never been in favour of those kinds of things,” Capello has commented this week to reporters.

“They are not part of my way of thinking.

“I like to reason with the players, talk with them and think of solutions.”

shut up cunt

but he's right. This is really NOT cool

These percentages presumably take no material account of lesbians. Who might well be either very good or very bad customers for Gillette.

Don't worry Sal, we still win with our stubble
3AQmK.gif

Stubble is the way to win a woman’s heart, a study has shown. Researchers found that women are more attracted to men with stubbly chins than those with clean-shaven faces or full beards.

Women participating in the research rated men with stubble as tough, mature, aggressive, dominant and masculine - and as the best romantic partners, either for a fling or a long-term relationships.

The explanation for the preference is not clear, but experts in human evolution say that that facial hair may be a signal of aggression because it boosts the apparent size of the lower jaw, emphasising the teeth as weapons.

Psychologists at Northumbria University who carried out the new study believe that stubbly men may offer women the best worlds - not too strongly masculine, but mature and with the potential to grow a full beard

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Apparently Vertonghen's only on £40,000 a week. They want him to sign a new contract because he's got just over two years left ( although we have the option of a third).
http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...ghen-to-ward-off-european-giants-9120699.html

OT: This garage that fixed my light I smashed the other day are so dodgy

I went to pay they said, "We put these clips in for you that hold the trim down that were missing"
"Which clips are these?"
"They hold the trim down in the boot"
"You talking about the lining?"
"Yeah"
"Ok, can you show me"
"Yeah, see these here? They pop off so you can remove this and get to the back of the light. They were missing so we put these ones in for you"
"Which ones were missing?"
"This side here"
"The side you just fixed?"
"Yeah"

larry-david-stare-dow6suu8.gif

Fergie

Banned
@ManUtd: Moyes on the twists & turns this season: “Football does that sometimes. We've just got to try to make sure it doesn't happen too often.”

@ManUtd: Boss confident fortunes will change for #mufc: “We just need to keep going because our luck will change, there's no doubt about that.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom