• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
guuuuuys

I'm in this weird retro Rock n Roll phase! Any recommendations?

Don't be fooled by my avatar, GnR suck. One legendary album is fucking poor.

Meet up in NZ. I'll pay for all your flights with the $15m I inherited.

my ex is a fashionista/modelling in NZ right now

you have my permission to sleep with her

Elchele

Bayern La Ligaing the Bundesliga.

Hardly. Bayern growing is actually very good for the rest of the league, money-wise.

I would gladly hope for Bundesliga to become like La Liga in terms of football and players quality, without the whole TV deals bs

hitcher pls Morata is the new Torres

he'll lead Liverpool to the 19th and 6th :3

How highly rated is he? I preferred him to Jese a couple of months ago based on what was admittedly very, very little actual evidence, but even with Benzema as his only competition, he seems to be struggling for gametime, whereas Jese is beasting

And Torres is basically Voldemort before Quirrell ran into him

pulga

Banned
How highly rated is he? I preferred him to Jese a couple of months ago based on what was admittedly very, very little actual evidence, but even with Benzema as his only competition, he seems to be struggling for gametime, whereas Jese is beasting

And Torres is basically Voldemort before Quirrell ran into him

He's highly rated by everyone at the club, but Jese is definitely the crown jewel. Jese's potential is... Messiesque
Uus4Plt.png

He's highly rated by everyone at the club, but Jese is definitely the crown jewel. Jese's potential is... Messiesque
Uus4Plt.png

Which Messi?

-Young, exciting Messi
-Young, exciting and ruthless Messi
-Ruthlessly efficient Messi
-Post-Bayern broken Messi

?

If any of the first 3, we'll have Jese then :p

Wilbur

Banned
Where did I mention that I would support those Sardinian fucks? I just said that QSI is looking to buy another club.

Because i know you too well

guuuuuys

I'm in this weird retro Rock n Roll phase! Any recommendations?

Don't be fooled by my avatar, GnR suck. One legendary album is fucking poor.

GnR really do suck :lol. For that kind of music, I'm not too wised up on contemporaries so I'll just be well obvious and say Hendrix.

Or yeah, listen to better music
daVCjgE.png
pls this was such a quick job

pulga

Banned
Which Messi?

-Young, exciting Messi
-Young, exciting and ruthless Messi
-Ruthlessly efficient Messi
-Post-Bayern broken Messi

?

If any of the first 3, we'll have Jese then :p

Jese is going nowhere baby

wish he'd fix his fucking hair though

Yurt have you listened to Wolfmother?

They're a modern day band but very retro sounding.

god I used to love Wolfmother. their original album was something else. shame 2/3 of the band left after that album and they've been meh ever since

Jese is going nowhere baby

wish he'd fix his fucking hair though

The new Chamakh, you're welcome to him

Think palace have a chance of a 0-0 at Goodison, especially if Traore doesn't play

edit: Morrison and Redmond have done absolutely fuck all since their resurgence of hype in October.

Wilbur

Banned
brendan's tactical secrets revealed (anal)

Since taking over as Liverpool manager, Brendan Rodgers has undergone an image makeover to match the glamour of one of the top jobs in football.

The 41-year-old has apparently had his teeth whitened and lost a noticeable amount of weight, as well as moving from the family home into a £1.2million flat.

Mr Rodgers has also moved out of the house he shared with wife Susan, according to The Sun's Guy Patrick, and bought a luxury flat in an upmarket suburb of the city for £1.2million.

Neighbours told The Sun he has since been visited at the home by Charlotte Hind, a 31-year-old divorcee who used to work for Liverpool as a travel co-ordinator.

Ms Hind has a young child with her former husband Steven.

She has been seen pulling up in the evening and parking her car in the building's underground car park.

'We've seen her arrive a few times,' one neighbour told The Sun.

Mr Rodgers has reportedly been a visitor to Ms Hind's new rented home in Birkdale over the past few months.

Her former husband still lives in the couple's former marital home in Southport.

A spokesman for Liverpool declined to comment on the pair's friendship.
However, a representative of Mr Rodgers has previously said that they are not 'in a relationship'.

Mr Rogers met his wife when he was a young player at Reading Football Club and the couple have two children, Oldham Athletic footballer Anton, 20, and daughter Mischa,17.

He has previously described his wife as 'patient' and 'supportive'.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
If it's a famous Led Zeppelin song then Jimmy Page probably stole it from another band without giving credit.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
GnR really do suck :lol. For that kind of music, I'm not too wised up on contemporaries so I'll just be well obvious and say Hendrix.

Or yeah, listen to better music http://i.imgur.com/daVCjgE.png[IMG] pls this was such a quick job[/QUOTE]

their post-debut (LOLOL) album stuff is shit and[I] too[/I] pretentious.

but come the FUCK on! Appetite for Destruction is truly legendary! (but yeah I guess if you aren't into this type of music you will hate it)

I like Dylan and Hendrix :]

Wilbur

Banned
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

their post-debut (LOLOL) album stuff is shit and too pretentious.

but come the FUCK on! Appetite for Destruction is truly legendary! (but yeah I guess if you aren't into this type of music you will hate it)

I like Dylan and Hendrix :]

Yeah Appetite for Destruction is very good (and I do like a lot of that music! Hendrix, Thin Lizzy, The Doors, The Byrds, Led Zep, Cream), but I fucking hate them. Waited two and a half hours to see them at Reading, missed LCD Soundsystem, then they played Chinese Democracy and Welcome to the Jungle before Axl stormed offstage. Fucking cunt.

Wilbur

Banned
#WHUFC - Adrian, McCartney, Nolan, Tomkins, Jarvis, Taylor, Noble, Collins, Demel, Downing, C.Cole

Norwich starting XI vs West Ham: Ruddy; Martin, Yobo, Bassong, Olsson; Tettey, Johnson; Snodgrass, Fer, Redmond; Hooper

-------

#HCAFC (v Saints) http://fft.sm/hulsfc Harper, McShane, Figueroa, Bruce, Davies, Huddlestone, Livermore, Elmohamady, Meyler, Jelavic, Long

Southampton starting XI vs Hull: Boruc, Chambers, Fonte, Yoshida, Shaw, Cork, Schneiderlin, S. Davis, Lallana, Rodriguez, Lambert

-------

Cardiff starting XI vs Aston Villa: Marshall; Theophile-Catherine, Caulker, Turner, John; Zaha, Mutch, Medel, Noone; Campbell, Jones.

Aston Villa XI vs Cardiff: Guzan, Bacuna, Vlaar, Baker, Bennett, Bertrand, Westwood, Albrighton, Delph, Benteke, Agbonlahor.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Waited two and a half hours to see them at Reading, missed LCD Soundsystem, then they played Chinese Democracy and Welcome to the Jungle before Axl stormed offstage. Fucking cunt.
Wilblove, why did you even bother? GnR died back in the 90s. Fat Axl and his fake band are not GnR.

Chinese Democracy is possibly the worst album of all time.

of all time

even worse than Kanye West.
Yurt have you listened to Wolfmother?

They're a modern day band but very retro sounding.

NOW WE ARE TALKING

I'm aware of them but never actually bought any of their albums! I remember one of their songs with Slash though.

Which album do you recommend?

Mastadon

Banned
Wilblove, why did you even bother? GnR died back in the 90s. Fat Axl and his fake band are not GnR.

of all time

NOW WE ARE TALKING

I'm aware of them but never actually bought any of their albums! I remember one of their songs with Slash though.

Oh oh what about the Black Keys? I like them!

Wilbur

Banned

of all time

NOW WE ARE TALKING

Just because none of my mates wanted to leave and I felt like I kinda had to see them :( didn't know LCD would be breaking up soon after lool. Fuck.

Wolfmother - they only have two albums. Their first one, Wolfmother, has four or five really decent songs on it. Their second one, Cosmic Egg, is shite.

edit: and the Black Keys are brilliant! El Camino is class from start to finish.

Blablurn

Bayern can only offer a maximum of 30% shares. The rest belongs to the club. Adidas, Audi and Allianz will own 25% in total. All three of them are companies made in Bavaria.

#NoOil #MiaSanMia

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
to keep this on topic. Laugh at us and Viola:

An ugly spat has broken out between Juventus patron John Elkann and Fiorentina owner Diego Della Valle.

The two clubs have a notoriously fractious relationship based on their rivalry, but it has now spread to the business world as well.

Della Valle criticised Fiat and Elkann hit back, claiming “Della Valle has other things to worry about, as his company Tod’s is going badly. They are down 20 per cent when matched with their competitors.

“They are dwarfed by Prada, Armani, Lvmh and Kering. It’s a small business that is not going well.”

Della Valle was furious and responded to Elkann, an heir to the Agnelli family whose nickname is Yaki.

“I read that Yaki, returning from a long weekend, made comments on a subject he notoriously knows nothing about: the world of work and businesses that run successfully.

“He talked rubbish. If he should like to visit a business that makes excellent products with well-prepared employees and a solid financial situation that never needed to make redundancies, I invite him to visit the Tod’s Group.

“He could even remain for an apprenticeship, seeing as he has a lot of free time. That way he’d learn what it means to actually work.

“I’ve known Yaki since he was a child and it’s a shame he is unable to understand there’s nothing personal in my position against Fiat and the Agnelli family.

“My criticism is against a family who has had and taken everything it wanted from Italy and the Italians in recent decades. In a dramatic moment for the country, instead of being ready to support Italy, they ran off into the shadows to sort out their own personal affairs.

“Anyone who behaves this way deserves no respect.”
-
Oh oh what about the Black Keys? I like them!

I love them!

Masta redeemed himself in one page :p

Meier

brendan's tactical secrets revealed (anal)

It's been a little while but I thought I remembered his wife being a little homely when she was on Being Liverpool.

I wonder if this painting overlooks his trysts or if it's still in the family home.

Brendan-Rodgers-picture.jpg

I watched fat axl and friends a few years back at roskilde. Well i went to eat a few nutella crepes and laughd at how fat he had become, having to change clothes between every song.

Elchele

Bayern can only offer a maximum of 30% shares. The rest belongs to the club. Adidas, Audi and Allianz will own 25% in total. All three of them are companies made in Bavaria.

#NoOil #MiaSanMia

Actually they own 24,9%, because with 25% + 1 they could block decisions made by the board. That's why Bayern won't sell more than that much of the club to them, and now the deal also involves a capital increase which neither Adidas nor Audi will take part in. So they will have less % of shares to avoid any future problem

The money will be used to pay off AA debt and to construct new facilities. This would leave FC Bayern 100% debt free

dat management

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom