• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

arkon

bd743f48418ada67c5abc7a462c7351d.gif

Gulp. How do we stop this!?!
Messi & Alves btw

Man mark everyone. Leaving the goalkeepers free.

Arnie

Aye, in my opinion Scheznel's save tonight was better than Marshall's yesterday. Had more speed and direction on the ball.

Krul's made a right mess of those first 3 goals, surprised nobody's mentioned it

1) Routine cross, should get a solid hand on it but tips it straight into Adebayor's path
2) Routine low shot down the middle, spills it into the centre of goal, 8 yards out
3) Routine shot to be tipped around the post, or patted out of the box, pats it 12 yards from goal, then takes an age to get himself sorted and throw himself at the followup

Wilbur

Banned
Krul's made a right mess of those first 3 goals, surprised nobody's mentioned it

1) Routine cross, should get a solid hand on it but tips it straight into Adebayor's path
2) Routine low shot down the middle, spills it into the centre of goal, 8 yards out
3) Routine shot to be tipped around the post, or patted out of the box, pats it 12 yards from goal, then takes an age to get himself sorted and throw himself at the followup

Haven't seen MOTD yet, but I have to mention this again since it's gone under the radar.

Fuck Newcastle. For all the talk of RVP, they genuinely genuinely are a one man team. Fuck them.

so mou's gonna purge the blues of their spanish players :/

i know torres isn't in his liverpool days form (those days are probably long gone), but i still enjoy watching el niño play

and if anyone could get him back into form, it's mou (right?)

and he still shows moments of brilliance from time to time (national team)

Haven't seen MOTD yet, but I have to mention this again since it's gone under the radar.

Fuck Newcastle. For all the talk of RVP, they genuinely genuinely are a one man team. Fuck them.

I get the feeling that the players are happy to coast through the rest of the season, using Cabaye's departure as an excuse for shite individual form.

Huh? He fucking loves Azpilicueta and plays him, the clearly right footed full back, on the left back instead of his old love Ashley Cole.

and Torres is on insane wages, without actually contributing shit to the team. He really needs to go.

K1LLER7

i know torres isn't in his liverpool days form (those days are probably long gone), but i still enjoy watching el niño play

and if anyone could get him back into form, it's mou (right?)

and he still shows moments of brilliance from time to time (national team)
He was MOTM against City (@ S.Bridge)

Keep him in the Premiership. Mou pls.

Wilbur

Banned
Is it a crime to say Robocop isn't great? I'm near the end, it's pretty good. Not much better than the new one. It's not that it feels dated much, just isn't that great.

Huh? He fucking loves Azpilicueta and plays him, the clearly right footed full back, on the left back instead of his old love Ashley Cole.

and Torres is on insane wages, without actually contributing shit to the team. He really needs to go.

oh you're right! how did i forget about azpilicueta...

do you think that roman would keep him around if they renegotiated his contract down to not crazy wages (or does torres want to exit?)? i mean, his performance doesn't merit him being the highest paid member of the squad, even though i don't think his career is anywhere near done

Wilbur

Banned
No it's shit.

It's really about the same quality level as the new one; it has better action and more edge and humour to it, but I don't think it's as interesting on the human side of things, the character building and thematically.

Both decent films though.

I find it hard to dislike Adebayor, seems like a very genuine guy.

I don't really like him. I don't like it when people say stuff like he only plays well for his next contract though. Just a lazy opinion nicked off the telly. As if there's one explanation that covers hundreds of games. There's so many different factors to consider.

L1NETT

Wilbur that is heresy my friend. Delete that quick :p

Haven't seen the new one, but the old one had a bite to it I can't imagine this reboot(?) will have.

Has he come out and said that? Are you serious?

Urgh man, he's genuinely a fucking cunt. Holding back our football. It almost makes me wish we picked Redknapp... but he'd go for Defoe too.

Lol would love to see 'Arry as England boss

"Well ya know Niko Kranjcar a twiffic player, really twiffic so I got him an English passport from a bloke in an alley"

Defoe and Crouchy up top

Boom

Wilbur

Banned
No fucking way is Hodgson contemplating Defoe being in the England squad. No. Fucking. Way.

Urgh man, he's genuinely a fucking cunt. Holding back our football. It almost makes me wish we picked Redknapp... but he'd go for Defoe too.

Hodgson isn't holding back England. He's the perfect match for an average pool of players.

oh you're right! how did i forget about azpilicueta...

do you think that roman would keep him around if they renegotiated his contract down to not crazy wages (or does torres want to exit?)? i mean, his performance doesn't merit him being the highest paid member of the squad, even though i don't think his career is anywhere near done

Torres is on a long contract, he would not want to re-negotiate it. I just hope he still likes playing football enough to take a pay cut and leave, instead of sticking around until the end of his contract. His career might not be done, but in Chelsea it is.

Wilbur

Banned
He's holding us back if he goes for Defoe over almost every other English striker

Wilbur that is heresy my friend. Delete that quick :p

Haven't seen the new one, but the old one had a bite to it I can't imagine this reboot(?) will have.

I only think there's bite in the violence and humour, but the new one is more damning - if less subtle - about things like the military and drone/robot employment, things like that. They're both pretty good films but I'm surprised something like this is seen as great as opposed to just a fun little sci fi action thriller.

Showaddy

Does anyone really give a shit about who our 4th choice striker is though? I'd be more worried about who Woy's picking out wide and in the middle than who's going to be Rooney/Sturridge's back up.

I hope he was just being political but he basically said 'of course the quality of the the MLS would effect our judgement of how well he does between now and the World Cup, but of course we'll be keeping an eye out, we're not ruling anyone out yet.'

Not even Hodgson is stupid enough to take Defoe.

Right?

:(

L1NETT

I only think there's bite in the violence and humour, but the new one is more damning - if less subtle - about things like the military and drone/robot employment, things like that. They're both pretty good films but I'm surprised something like this is seen as great as opposed to just a fun little sci fi action thriller.

Hmmm I think original RoboCop is ace, but I can see why the new one would be more pertinent today, drones are obviously a big example of that.

Original is brutal from what I remember of it to.

---

Would rather have Lewis Grabban than the near to retirement Defoe.

Wilbur

Banned
Hmmm I think original RoboCop is ace, but I can see why the new one would be more pertinent today, drones are obviously a big example of that.

Original is brutal from what I remember of it to.

It's very violent yeah, in that silly over the top 80s kind of way haha.

Randdalf

Yeah but just as Moyes comes with Phil Neville and that-bloke-from-Everton, Redknapp comes with Kevin Bond and Joe Jordan. Harry is a great man manager, just not that astute when it comes to the technical side of tactics. If you put him in front of Fergie's old coaching staff there's no doubt he'd do well and get United playing some decently attractive football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom