• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

2,w=658,c=0.bild.jpg

Ribery out for the whole month -_-

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
you should all be ashamed of yourselves

Lazio have released two statements insisting Joseph Minala is 17 years old and threatened legal action.

The issue has gone viral after photographs of the youth team player in the Viareggio tournament and intensified today with an African website claiming he had ‘confessed’ to being 41.

“I became aware of supposed statements attributed to me on Senego.net in which I confessed to my real age compared to the one on my documents.

“These are false comments that were attributed to me by people I do not know and I reserve the right to take legal action against them for damages.
Joseph Minala.”

Lazio also released a separate statement confirming the paperwork on his birth is “absolutely legitimate” and registered with the football federation.

“Lazio denounce this latest attempt from hostile figures to throw a sinister light on this club” and are prepared to take legal action to “protect the good name” of the club and its players.

The Senego.net story might’ve originated in a French football comedy website desinfosdufoot and was taken out of context to appear genuine

Gambit

that's cool

have you been in Nurnberg? is it worth visiting?

Nürnberg is nice, especially during the time of the Christmas market.

I live in the other direction, though. Closer to the Austrian border and Salzburg.

At a lake called Chiemsee. Definitely worth visiting, mostly for the scenery.

Lightning

Banned
Some Arsenal fans have lost their sense of reality. That United team are in poor form but they are still top players, so to simply expect to win is naive and not realistic.

Our team is fatigued, low on confidence, and came of a defensive embarrassment. Expecting us to open up and throw the kitchen sink at United was unrealistic. I said before game we would be conservative and so we were.

Sunderland, Stoke and Swansea up next. Win those and we're on 65 points. All those games are winnable, we won none of them last season, time to step up.

Lightning

Banned
You'll bounce back this weekend.
I hope so. In my opinion that is the most important game of the week. I'm not that worried about our league position unless we drop points in our next 3 games but I want us to go as far as possible in the FA cup.

Lucky Flamini is back for that game. No more Arteta nonsense.

I don't think Ramos will be the only striker you guys will buy.

Yeah, but like I said this either means will go into the next season with Ramos, Volland/Ji and Ducksch as strikers which is terrible because it means no proven striker for the CL. Or we go with proven striker X, Ramos and Ducksch, which sucks because I want Volland and there's hardly a chance for Ducksch to play.

Arnie

On the district line staring out at West London

Glorious day

About to give a presentation to a client

Not even phased

It's a glorious day

The morning after the night before

Gerrard wins it. Again

Oh
What
A
Glorious
Day

Some Arsenal fans have lost their sense of reality. That United team are in poor form but they are still top players, so to simply expect to win is naive and not realistic.

Our team is fatigued, low on confidence, and came of a defensive embarrassment. Expecting us to open up and throw the kitchen sink at United was unrealistic. I said before game we would be conservative and so we were.

Sunderland, Stoke and Swansea up next. Win those and we're on 65 points. All those games are winnable, we won none of them last season, time to step up.

Imagine there being some time of opportunity during the season to add players to our squad, which would help us out and give everyone a boost.

I would love if such a thing would exist.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Just watching the Arsenal highlights, I can't believe how bad Giroud is. 4 chances in the 6 yard box and he didn't hit the target with any of them. If he doesn't start scoring soon then Arsenal are going to get sucked into the race for 4th, they're starting to flag.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Just watching the Arsenal highlights, I can't believe how bad Giroud is. 4 chances in the 6 yard box and he didn't hit the target with any of them. If he doesn't start scoring soon then Arsenal are going to get sucked into the race for 4th, they're starting to flag.

Arsenal and Chelsea need a decent striker. It'll be fun to see who gets what in the summer.

I'm not even kidding when I say Bendtner would probably have done more yesterday.

the missed header in the first few minutes was criminal. If we claim to be a top team then how can we have a striker who is our one and only option not be able to hit the target.

There's probably a few strikers out on loan that Chelsea could recall. And Moses. Please recall Moses.

He's a winger at Chelsea. Probably going to be sold.

There's going to be some cleansing at Chelsea though in the position, Eto'o's contract expires and him going seems like a no brainer. Ba was already close to leaving this season and is clearly not trusted. Torres? On insane wages and if Chelsea are going to bring in another high profile striker he probably needs to go, then the question is who will take him and if he wants to go down in wages as much as he will have to.

So Lukaku probably coming back, exactly the striker profile Chelsea has needed so badly in games like against West Ham. Diego Costa or similar too? Who knows, probably going to get outbid by Monaco and PSG, but with Mou's comments in mind ("you will see why we didn't buy a striker next summer...") I expect Chelsea to already be in advanced talks with someone.

Not true

tumblr_l5x28ee4Pd1qaa2o3.jpg

88.jpg

SO sexual.

Edit: beaten by a senior citizen

I bet he could eat a knob at night.

Guinness

Neo Member
#Hugo
#Boss
Made in OGC Nice 8)

I remember how it was amazing to have such a talented a 18yo GK, playing for his birthplace's club. The kind of player you have only once every 10 or 20 years.

His younger brother is near to sign his first pro contract (he's playing CB).

Jack cw

Yeah, but like I said this either means will go into the next season with Ramos, Volland/Ji and Ducksch as strikers which is terrible because it means no proven striker for the CL. Or we go with proven striker X, Ramos and Ducksch, which sucks because I want Volland and there's hardly a chance for Ducksch to play.

I cant believe that Klopp/Zorc/Watzke are that naive with only Ramos who has basically no CL experience. I still think they are going for Volland, but the price might be a problem right now, as I think that Hopp wont let him leave for under 20 million. There is still this Dzeko rumor. It would be the best case scenario to have him.

Clegg

Valentine's Day is gonna be great. Beer, snacks and watchihg HoC

All by myself

In a dark, cold empty room
There'll be plenty of lonely girls around on Valentine's day. This is a fact. Go wild.

Maybe you shouldn't take advantage because you'll just feel dirty the day after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom