• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

Thats true. After 2001 we fell apart as we missed to sustain the success and didnt buy new great players that could help us and lost many iconic players. Hoeness did not want to spend the big money on stars like Madrid did at the time or the british clubs, so we went for mediocre players like Santa Cruz, Podolski, Schlaudraff, Baumjohann, Karimi, Dos Santos, Braafheid, Oddo etc.

Thank god we learned from this.

How dare you to put Asians Best Footballer of 2004 in the same list with Santa Cruz and Podolski!!!!

I'm only comparing those two clubs. Dortmund knew what a race with Bayern would mean but many supporters failed to see this. Dortmunds board knew exactly that they have woken up a sleeping giant and Bayern are still so hurt, that they constantly weaken Dortmund until today. They take away their best players, force BVB into a race with money that they cannot win. So, if you talk about titles and chances to win some, then Dortmund got beaten pretty badly. Expectations were to be able to compete with Bayern, but reality is that Leverkusen and Schalke are the competition.

I guess for their fans at the moment they feel burned, but they'll surely look back on this in a few years time as a period of success that they were stupid to expect to be sustained. It was never going to happen.

Even though it led to Bayern ending up stronger than they would have otherwise, 2 league titles, a German Cup and a Supercup is more than worth it imo. And its not like they're relegation candidates now.

Blablurn

oddo, haha.

he wasn't even good at milan. no idea why bayern went for him.

Jurgen-Klinsmann-image.jpg

I guess for their fans at the moment they feel burned, but they'll surely look back on this in a few years time as a period of success that they were stupid to expect to be sustained. It was never going to happen.

Even though it led to Bayern ending up stronger than they would have otherwise, 2 league titles, a German Cup and a Supercup is more than worth it imo. And its not like they're relegation candidates now.

Don't forget that they also made it to the CL final. That gave them a lot of money as well.

Jack cw

How dare you to put Asians Best Footballer of 2004 in the same list with Santa Cruz and Podolski!!!!

tumblr_mn2mzsPFsx1riw0o5o1_r1_250.gif

tumblr_mn2mzsPFsx1riw0o5o2_r1_250.gif

tumblr_mn2mzsPFsx1riw0o5o4_r1_250.gif

Maybe it was a bit of a hyperbole but thinking about 2012 DFB Cup Final still makes my angry :/

Elchele

Nürnberg is nice, especially during the time of the Christmas market.

I live in the other direction, though. Closer to the Austrian border and Salzburg.

At a lake called Chiemsee. Definitely worth visiting, mostly for the scenery.

Sounds great, hopefully I'll be able to visit in the next couple of years :)

Erik Durm basically confirmed that Ramos is joining us.

Fuck me

That either means no proper Lewy replacement or no Volland :(

Good thing Bild don't know shit.

I don't think Ramos will be the only striker you guys will buy.

You're right. They already signing Ji :p

I cant believe that Klopp/Zorc/Watzke are that naive with only Ramos who has basically no CL experience. I still think they are going for Volland, but the price might be a problem right now, as I think that Hopp wont let him leave for under 20 million. There is still this Dzeko rumor. It would be the best case scenario to have him.

Volland has a 15M release clause apparently.
I don't understand why Mandzukic wasn't their main target, he would fit right in. Could it be wages problem or just not wanting to sign "Bayern leftovers" (hardly true)?

Blablurn

If we got to a CL final and lost it against Man Utd, I'd wish we'd never got there in the first place :p

I think Bayern fans handled the outcome pretty classy.

I seriously don't wanna know what would have happened if Dortmund had won this game. They would laugh about us for years and years. Prolly be even worse than losing a CL final at home :p

Jack cw

Volland has a 15M release clause apparently.
I don't understand why Mandzukic wasn't their main target, he would fit right in. Could it be wages problem or just not wanting to sign "Bayern leftovers" (hardly true)?

True, forgot about that.
But I dont think Mandzukic wants to join Dortmund and Bayern wont sell him to them. Maybe back to Wolfsburg.

Elchele

I don't mind us dominating for a while (in Bundesliga), but I hope it won't become the standard.

This won't last for more than a couple of years, we will eventually lose the momentum. I think Guardiola's third year will be the breaking point

But people fail to see all the good things this Bayern has done. The new TV deals and increasing popularity of the league in overseas locations are mainly due to Bayern, and all that TV is there to stay and is all shared between the clubs in the league. Having the best team in the world, and coached by Guardiola, is a HUGE selling point.

You can't deny how much the quality of football in the Bundesliga has grown, thanks to Dortmund and now Bayern. Now even the lower side clubs try to play great modern football, all the big european clubs are filled with germans so the quality of the players is also growing, and we had a Dortmund vs. Bayern CL final.

I don't see any problem with how the things are going. Of course it would be nice to have clubs being able to challenge Bayern, but aside from oil clubs and RM/Barça, who could do it?

that's one shitty looking game.

Sviato, bad news: apparentely, if Garay leaves for Zenit it's only after the season ends.

It's going to change gaming forever. It's like CoD... But with mechs.

I only ever notice tearing in screenshots that are shown to point out screentearing :p

Have you played heavy rain? If you didn't notice the screen tearing there I'm pretty sure you're very close to being blind.

That means jack shit, see e.g. Might & Magic X. The game looks bad, but runs like crap on my two year old notebook.

I wasn't being serious, I just wanted an excuse to rant about titanfall and gaming in general.
TGNz0rC.png

Question to all of you. Do you think the current manager of your team will still be manager in 3 years time?

Chelsea and Copenhagen yes.

Palermo? I doubt every week.

Facism

one thing i'm not liking about all these titanfall vids i'm watching is how light and meaningless the gunplay is. Wish they dumped the ADS and just went with a cross hair, too. If you're going to have LOL hipfire and 0 recoil ADS mode why bother?

I think TF'll be the best MP console shooter for a while. In spite of the average visuals.

Its the only one that's been announced isn't it? We don't know what Treyarch's next CoD will be, BF5 will be BF4 with different maps. Homefront is apparently still alive, but fuck that franchise. Medal of Honour is dead. Zipper are dead.

Hopefully the age of CoD knockoffs is over.

Mitchell Johnson is a beast

tumblr_mn2mzsPFsx1riw0o5o1_r1_250.gif

tumblr_mn2mzsPFsx1riw0o5o2_r1_250.gif

tumblr_mn2mzsPFsx1riw0o5o4_r1_250.gif

Maybe it was a bit of a hyperbole but thinking about 2012 DFB Cup Final still makes my angry :/

FUCKING STOP POSTING ALL THESE BAYERN GIFS
They all look so happy and thrilled to be together and at such a great club, and my fragile Arsenal heart can't taken. Please be kind to us next week.

Question to all of you. Do you think the current manager of your team will still be manager in 3 years time?

I am going to be optimistic and say no. Wenger hasn't signed a new contract yet and hopefully the board and all the fans will finally realise he just doesn't have it anymore Karlstrom or whatever he was called will be the death of Wenger. Failing to strengthen a squad that was lacking quality depth which was sitting on first is unacceptable, especially when you only sign an injured player.

I have a sneaking suspicion he is gonna accept PSGs advances in the summer and then spend 200 million.

#Simeone2014 #Prandelli2014

Richard Møller Nielsen, coach who brought Denmark to the Euro 92 final and won it is dead 76 years old. Winning the Euros with Denmark, that deserves some credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom