• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobito

Banned
Can't beat his man.
Always injured
Gnabry is the future.

Disagree so much

a) Walcott was playing well before he got injured - lots of goals and assits.
b) Only really had injury problems this season
c) Are you wenger 2009 addition in disguise, why would we sell one of our best players so as to blood an 18 year old

Edit: Not sure if shanks is trolling me or being serious haven't spent much time on gaf recently.

People really want Walcott out?

jtb

Banned
Can't beat his man.
Always injured
Gnabry is the future.

he rarely got injured the past three seasons before this one, that's not really accurate at all.

Walcott has been by far our most productive player over the past few years, especially after Cesc and RVP left.

Draconian

Just got home and log onto GAF and...

The pass, the vision. It's almost like Gerrard passing to Drogba.

goglgl8muew.gif

kololololhluj4.gif

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

This is exactly like Gerrard to Drogba. Actually, it's a bit worse as Drogba actually had to make a bit of a run to get to the ball. Toure almost acted like he thought Anichebe was on his own team.

Disagree so much

a) Walcott was playing well before he got injured - lots of goals and assits.
b) Only really had injury problems this season
c) Are you wenger 2009 addition in disguise, why would we sell one of our best players so as to blood an 18 year old

Edit: Not sure if shanks is trolling me or being serious haven't spent much time on gaf recently.

People really want Walcott out?

he rarely got injured the past three seasons before this one, that's not really accurate at all.

Walcott has been by far our most productive player over the past few years, especially after Cesc and RVP left.

lol Spurs fan in disguise?

8 seasons and he has only not been injured in two.

Yes he has been productive, but Gnabry is already a much better all round player for our system.

Walcott can't play as a lone striker because he can't hold the ball up and play with his back to go. His one asset is his pace. Without that he is nothing, He also has zero skills. Nothing. I don't even know if he can do two kippie uppies.

I love Theo, but he doesn't warrant 100k a year. he will be a good backup option to Gnabry who WILL be starting next year.

GHG

Yes he has been productive, but Gnabry is already a much better all round player for our system.

Walcott can't play as a lone striker because he can't hold the ball up and play with his back to go. His one assist is his pace. Without that he is nothing, He also has zero skills. Nothing. I don't even know if he can do two kippie uppies.

I love Theo, but he doesn't warrant 100k a year

Jesus... I thought all the the haters crawled back into their caves after he was our TOP SCORER last season and single handedly hauled us to a top 4 place. But whatever, you're right Wenger and everyone else is wrong. He's shit and shouldn't be fit to don an Arsenal shirt.

jtb

Banned

Walcott can't play as a lone striker because he can't hold the ball up and play with his back to go. His one asset is his pace. Without that he is nothing, He also has zero skills. Nothing. I don't even know if he can do two kippie uppies.

I love Theo, but he doesn't warrant 100k a year. he will be a good backup option to Gnabry who WILL be starting next year.

People said the exact same thing about the Ox with his first breakout season (remember the whole backlash in the game against Utd with RVP, etc.). You can't assume that Gnabry will just develop linearly when we've seen so many cases of players regressing for whatever reason. Theo's production is remarkably consistent (especially for one who's flaws are so often criticized) and you can't take that for granted. He's absolutely worth 100k.

and if I played him up front, I wouldn't expect him to be the type of player who holds the ball up, I'd rework the tactics to make him a more pure poacher-type. you could easily say Giroud can't play up front because he's a fucking terrible finisher (and I'd argue that finishing is far more important to playing up front than hold up play).

Jesus... I thought all the the haters crawled back into their caves after he was our TOP SCORER last season and single handedly hauled us to a top 4 place. But whatever, you're right Wenger and everyone else is wrong. He's shit and shouldn't be fit to don an Arsenal shirt.

I never said he was shit. He is a good quality PL winger and got a lot of assists with RVP. He is not a starting calibre player on a championship winning team. Sometimes fans should stop being so blind about our players. Theo knocks the ball forward and runs. Gnabry is already better in every aspect of his game than Theo.

Also single handedly hauled us to 4th??? You forget that for the first time in a decade we had debutants who scored over ten games in a season.

I love Theo, he is just not a world class player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom