• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

arkon

Lack of SMT4 EU date was the only thing missing from the ND. Would have been the icing on the cake.

I'm starting to worry about it ever making it over.

pulga

Banned
iU0SWomkHD9l7.png

BopI5sd.gif

this is your masterpiece bacon. its all downhill from here

L1NETT

Make sure you give our future right back Calum Chambers much deserved game time ahead of his summer move to us!

Just like Diego Costa eh

Make some room in that stickerbook :p

---

Halo 2 Anni practically confirmed by MC's voice actor. If there is MP....

Arnie, WJD, TC...you ready?

Let's go

Clegg

So good. Really hoping that it does well for Double Fine.

At least we know we're definitely getting the second part of BA and the other game thanks to Kickstarter. If it sells well I'd hope that they'd get finance from a publisher so they don't have to keep asking for donations for their projects.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
hnnngg dat ending

cant wait for ep 2

So good. Really hoping that it does well for Double Fine.

I've gotta admit

I was expecting a shitty ending

At least we know we're definitely getting the second part of BA and the other game thanks to Kickstarter. If it sells well I'd hope that they'd get finance from a publisher so they don't have to keep asking for donations for their projects.

does it even NEED to sell that well? :p they gave him more than 3 million!

Slizz

Theres a new Smash Bros coming out? Too bad its on Wii U or whatever the hell the Nintendo console is.

My gaming love is slowly dying, all I care about is PVP/Multiplayer(crazily enough though because of this thread I bought and beat 2 single player games this last year). Played a PS4, held the controller and saw a physical version of it for the first time yesterday.

Played FIFA beat Barca with RM, had the employees compliment my skills, watched some little kid play Knack then left. Felt like I'm still not missing out on anything yet even though they are all sold out.

Plenty of XBONEs though, but I couldn't even play it cause they didn't have a controller for it.

Clegg

I've gotta admit

I was expecting a shitty ending

does it even NEED to sell that well? :p they gave him more than 3 million!

I don't think Double Fine can keep crowd funding all their titles. Fans will get sick of them asking for money all the time.

Not many publishers would go in for point n clicks tho.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I don't think Double Fine can keep crowd funding all their titles. Fans will get sick of them asking for money all the time.

TWD and TWAU are technically point n click too innit?

Randdalf

In the documentary they said the ideal situation was that this game sold enough copies to assure them financial independence. They already crowdfunded Massive Chalice, and that's looking good. With that game they're doing a livestream every 2 weeks showing off the latest build, so backers (and anybody who's interested) can see the progress, it's really something you'd never see anywhere else.

I guess we have yet to see if people will "get sick of" them as you say, but if the audience is up for funding it and now with a proven crowdfunded project almost behind them, that should surely only inspire confidence in them - should they ever look to Kickstarter again.

Clegg

In the documentary they said the ideal situation was that this game sold enough copies to assure them financial independence. They already crowdfunded Massive Chalice, and that's looking good. With that game they're doing a livestream every 2 weeks showing off the latest build, so backers (and anybody who's interested) can see the progress, it's really something you'd never see anywhere else.

I guess we have yet to see if people will "get sick of" them as you say, but if the audience is up for funding it and now with a proven crowdfunded project almost behind them, that should surely only inspire confidence in them - should they ever look to Kickstarter again.
Didn't know about their strive for financial independence. It's a laudable goal, but it's a hard one to achieve in video game development afaik.

Saying fans will get sick of crowd funding was a poor choice of words on my behalf. But you'd have to guess that some form of fatigue will set upon fans if Double Fine keep having to ask for assistance. Looking for a publisher willing to back them must be at the back of their minds.

Looking for a publisher willing to back them must be at the back of their minds.

I would hope not. It always goes wrong at some point with cunt publishers that starts wanting creative control. Some fatigue on the kickstarter donations would probably appear, but I can see lots of people just using it as a form of pre-order already, especially to companies like double fine that has proven they don't just fuck around with the money (even if they also did a little haha).

how can anyone get sick of Double Fine? <3

take all my money Timmy

Honestly other than Psychonauts, which is however one of my favorite games, they haven't done much I like that much. Broken Age seems cool but still very early. Brutal legend was shit though, Stacking was alright, costume quest was a bit wank too imo and the cave? God I hated that one.

Please psychonauts 2.

I would sell myself to fund it.

I know I rag on Nintendo a lot, but I have to admit this looks very nice for a 3DS game.

iLyEOvDHmFwes.gif

Carbonox

hook it to my veins NOW

bayo2jrag5.gif

innit looks fantastic. First is one of the best action games ever made.

I'd be more hyped if I had any idea what the game or story is about. I haven't played the first one, so I feel pretty lost.

You don't need to play the first one really to understand this one. You should play teh first once just so you get to experience one of the best action games ever made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom