• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
I'd be more hyped if I had any idea what the game or story is about. I haven't played the first one, so I feel pretty lost.

who cares about story, best battle system since original DMC

Bayo > DMC > Ninja Gaiden > GoW

looks shit.

pls you barely know how to play tetris

I know I rag on Nintendo a lot, but I have to admit this looks very nice for a 3DS game.

yawn being a blind fanboy is so high school

are you sure?

lol

bayo4rbb0g.gif

very

pulga

Banned
oh god the fanboyism in this thread

i cant

hahahahaha

so much salt over something being exclusive to a nintendo system

are you still in high school

get a job so you dont have to depend on your parents to buy you a console lolololol

Bayonetta was rubbish. Button mashing nonsense.

im sending this one to @NeoGAFShitPosts

you've genuinely outdone yourself

pulga

Banned
Oh shit he told the twitter teacher on you

Wilbz is gonna beat you up at break time Pulga chum

pls im like little mac, wont even see me coming

screen-2.jpg

What the fuck are you on about

Bayonetta 1 was fucking pants and Bayonetta 2 will be even worse because it's not on a proper next gen system.

bacon you probably think GoW is da shizznit

hell you were like 8 when DMC came out so you don't even know what a proper action game is

please understand

I love how angry pulga gets when he comes in here with some shit not many in here likes, then gets angry when he gets told it's shit. Reminds me of Fry demanding us to discuss Homeland and Dexter.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
who cares about story, best battle system since original DMC

Bayo > DMC > Ninja Gaiden > GoW

I don't know why but I still prefer NG's battle system over Bayo and DMC! It's just....perfect!

please don't insult the first three by including GoW :lol

Wilbur

Banned
im sending this one to @NeoGAFShitPosts

you've genuinely outdone yourself

please read the below post

Any hack and slash game is shit. So they need some real good cutscenes in between to even make it worth playing for an hour or two.
-----
I love how angry pulga gets when he comes in here with some shit not many in here likes, then gets angry when he gets told it's shit. Reminds me of Fry demanding us to discuss Homeland and Dexter.

Innit looooooool. After this and the Madrid fiasco last week... Pulga's turning into a little primadonna.

I own God of War 3 and it's still in its plastic wrapping. Been like that for at least a year, I have truly no idea why I bought it, probably seemed like a great thing at the time but then I quickly realized I hate hack n slash games before even opening it.

pulga

Banned

loooooool why would i get angry over something so petty as a video game

i just find the blind fanboyism hilarious, if it were on XB1/PS4 you'd be creaming your pants

appreciate the games, not the consoles kids!

Anyone ever felt like this?

http://youtu.be/O3u25AeUfcU

i just find the blind fanboyism hilarious, if it were on XB1/PS4 you'd be creaming your pants

I hated the first one too dear pulga and I've said several times wii u got better games at this time than both xbone and ps4 put together.

Wilbur

Banned

Wooden owns neither of those consoles, right? Plus, I'm the least fanboyist cunt you'll ever find. I don't even know what consoles that shit looking game is coming out on.

All I know is that people delude themselves it's different from any other button mashing shit like Ryse or something because it's Japanese and it has a girl with magic pubic hair.

pulga

Banned
Why would anyone listen to Wilbury about videogames? It's like getting Moyes to manage your club.

loooooooooool innit

who joins a fucking video game forum and most probably cant tell you the difference between a kamiya, miyamoto or kojima

elementary shit

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Wooden owns neither of those consoles, right? Plus, I'm the least fanboyist cunt you'll ever find. I don't even know what consoles that shit looking game is coming out on.

All I know is that people delude themselves it's different from any other button mashing shit like Ryse or something because it's Japanese and it has a girl with magic pubic hair.

I literally don't care about any console or company

pulga is having a fry

pulga

Banned

pls refer to arkons post, you clearly know as much about the genre (hell, about video games) as moyes does about football

try setting the difficulty to something other than easy, btw

Carbonox

I don't know why but I still prefer NG's battle system over Bayo and DMC! It's just....perfect!

please don't insult the first three by including GoW :lol

RyzeWiR.gif

My man. I like the GOW games but they're shallow nonsense compared with the holy trinity.

Fuck,. Metal Gear Rising deserves to stand proud with those 3 also.

Wilbur

Banned
Why would anyone listen to Wilbury about videogames? It's like getting Moyes to manage your club.

iLyFDpUOiXR21.png

loooooooooool innit

who joins a fucking video game forum and most probably cant tell you the difference between a kamiya, miyamoto or kojima

elementary shit

Miyamoto is Shigeru, the Nintendo guy. Kojima is the MGS guy. Don't know who Kamiya is.

I know more than I let on. I just don't care about games. They're just a bit of fun, I'll play things if Dean buys them. Don't need to watch E3 because Tractor Cunt Mega Starz is coming out on the NGage.

Wilbur

Banned
pls refer to arkons post, you clearly know as much about the genre (hell, about video games) as moyes does about football

try setting the difficulty to something other than easy, btw

Played it on Normal when I bought it for a fiver in Blockbuster, was falling out of the sky on a giant rock and just hammering square, passed the level and I was in a graveyard, then I got bored. Boring. Try playing something with a real complex thought out battle system like Worms on the playstation one.

Well, if it were on XB1/PS4, it wouldn't look like a game released seven years ago.

And people actually own XB1/PS4, it's much easier to be excited about a game when you own the system.

pulga

Banned
RyzeWiR.gif

My man. I like the GOW games but they're shallow nonsense compared with the holy trinity.

Fuck,. Metal Gear Rising deserves to stand proud with those 3 also.

shieeet, even W101 had a deeper combo system than GoW

ive wanted to try Rising out just because of dat Platinum, but its MGS so I'm immediately turned off

your typical Yurt exaggeration

I've only played Grim, Psycho and Brutal Legend :lol

YEAH BABY

Grim fandango isn't quite double fine, but I will accept it, mostly cause it's one of the best games ever made. Who even owns the rights for that now? Double fine pls

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
^You know what I meanttt

it's not on their site? :( probably EA then?

ive wanted to try Rising out just because of dat Platinum, but its MGS so I'm immediately turned off
It isn't, thankfully!

If I have to play a game with a deep battle system it better be motherfucking awesome in all aspects, otherwise I'm not going to put hours into it learning it.

Disney? think Lucas Arts owned the IP...

Can't wait for Mickey Mouse to show up in Grim Fandango 2.

Actually... If the disney characters came through dead that would be pretty cool, I would like that.

Carbonox

Eh it's as far away from MGS as can be with the exception of some characters from the series (like only 2 appear in Rising from the series - Raiden and Sunny otherwise it's its own self contained story). It's worth playing purely for some of the greatest action set pieces known to man. If you like Platinum, you absolutely owe it to yourself to play.

For a fellow champion of Platinum, don't let me down mi amor.

FootballFan

I loved DMC 1, and loved Bayonetta 1. Will love Bayonetta 2. Loved God Of War 1,2,3.

I have not attempted MGS Rising yet.

X looked underwhelming, Bayonetta 2 looks so good. I will buy it at a high price.

I kind of like Rising because of the terrible rock music that plays as you jump from rocket to rocket.

But then you have to fight and it becomes kind of shit.

I just want to see my favorite character Raiden do cool shit, master ninja robot.

Wilbur

Banned
If I have to play a game with a deep battle system it better be motherfucking awesome in all aspects, otherwise I'm not going to put hours into it learning it.

Thing is, with Pokemon, it's simple as fuck to play and if you want to put in the work it can become very complex. I don't have much time to sit around playing games, something casual like that just works for me.

I like the Batman fighting system as well; I'm only pressing one button but a) it's not incessant fighting like Bayonetta is, b) I at least get a break in between every press instead of just hammering away like a fucking moron and c) I can see what's going on, there isn't numbers flying around the screen and giant fake tits

I don't like fighting games much either for that, you have to learn a bunch of real intricate combos to approach being very good at it.

OOH I liked Vanquish.

pulga

Banned
Bayonetta 2 looks fucking amazing

You people suck

dem 7 year old graphics

12509736105_2104441073_o.jpg

<3

Eh it's as far away from MGS as can be with the exception of some characters from the series (like only 2 appear in Rising from the series - Raiden and Sunny otherwise it's its own self contained story). It's worth playing purely for some of the greatest action set pieces known to man. If you like Platinum, you absolutely owe it to yourself to play.

For a fellow champion of Platinum, don't let me down mi amor.

I think it's the only chink in my Platinum/Clover Armor...even beat Mad World back in the day

I must amend this

But Yurt, if you mentioned Grim but left out games like Full Throttle, Monkey Island and so on, does that mean you missed out on those? You monster.

Scum

Picked up Rising on Steam and have yet to start it properly. Many seem to like it though. Can't fucking wait for Bayonetta 2 though. Wish they'll get the first one on the eShop though.

Scum

Played it on Normal when I bought it for a fiver in Blockbuster, was falling out of the sky on a giant rock and just hammering square, passed the level and I was in a graveyard, then I got bored. Boring. Try playing something with a real complex thought out battle system like Worms on the playstation one.

Go back to bed, Wilbs. You're drunk. I can-

Thing is, with Pokemon, it's simple as fuck to play and if you want to put in the work it can become very complex. I don't have much time to sit around playing games, something casual like that just works for me.

I like the Batman fighting system as well; I'm only pressing one button but a) it's not incessant fighting like Bayonetta is, b) I at least get a break in between every press instead of just hammering away like a fucking moron and c) I can see what's going on, there isn't numbers flying around the screen and giant fake tits

I don't like fighting games much either for that, you have to learn a bunch of real intricate combos to approach being very good at it.

OOH I liked Vanquish.

iQsyEYnm9ikAh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom