• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

kharma45

EA live chat was pretty good. Titanfall added to my account now apparently. Can't wait to get home and check to make sure they've actually done it.

Elchele

THIS IS PURE MAGATH:

Back in 2008, while being at Wolfsburg, Magath told a delighted group of players that the training for this afternoon had been canceled. The VfL had just finished another brutal training session in the training camp in Switzerland, and the players sat at their lunch tables. Magath told he delighted team that the players would be rewarded with coffee and cake at a cafe nearby with the provision that the players retain their training attire just in case.

The players turned up in their training attire at the gondola that was supposed to take them up the mountain to the cafe. The mood was good. Magath managed to make their smiles disappear with one sentence: he told the group of young players they would get up the mountain by running the full 2362 meters. The players of the VfL Wolfsburg had to run for two and a half hours straight up the hill with Magath running right behind the team. Star striker Grafite collapsed before the end, and it is reported that a number of players broke down in tears as they reached the summit where they were finally able to enjoy their coffee and cake.

http://norwegianmusings.wordpress.com/2011/01/11/qualix-magath-a-history-about-pain/

United's u18 defense has been trash for two years now. They ruined last season's fa youth cup, and they're on their way to destroying another run.

Fullbacks need to help out Harrop and Janko on the wings. Their runs/overlaps are weak.

noal

Banned
Fulham are a joke. I don't understand football anymore. Twitchy chairmen and business people who act like they are playing FM.

ISS 98 ruled.

Think I'm gonna get DS2 on PS3 and either sell the Steam key or double-dip depending whether I want to play it again, and how much better it is. Really can't see the PC version coming within 4 weeks of console at this point, haven't heard a peep about it yet.

So basically, if you want it on PC and haven't paid for it yet, I'll be probably be selling it for £20. (UK only I think)

Hixx

Think I'm gonna get DS2 on PS3 and either sell the Steam key or double-dip depending whether I want to play it again, and how much better it is. Really can't see the PC version coming within 4 weeks of console at this point, haven't heard a peep about it yet.

So basically, if you want it on PC and haven't paid for it yet, I'll be probably be selling it for £20. (UK only I think)

They recently said it was still coming out in March on the PC I think.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Fulham are a joke. I don't understand football anymore. Twitchy chairmen and business people who act like they are playing FM.

ISS 98 ruled.

If Fulham go down they will never come back, they will lost out on millions of pounds and become nothing more than a memory like Wolves. Meulensteen was always going to get the boot, as hard as Fulham tried in the last 2 games they still conceded 5 goals, most of them totally preventable.

The teams that have changed fortunes at the bottom have been able to keep clean sheets and win games 1-0, like Palace West Ham and Sunderland, Meulensteen just couldn't set up a defense.

Mastadon

Banned
Ha

@BassTunedToRed: Strange but true: #FFC league record under Jol this season = W3 D1 L9. Meulensteen? W3 D1 L9. Nothing if not consistent.

WJD

Sign me up Moyesy

K2iAt5x.gif

YES I'M AWARE THE GIF CAPTURE IS SHIT SHUT UP

Half time.

Same old problems. We lack penetration in the final third. Kaka has been shit, he needs to come off, move Honda into the middle and play Saponara out wide. Also DES, stop with the crosses. There almost as bad as Abate's.

WJD

Fine you cunts here's one in minus (I can't help the fact that the opposition goober filmed this on a potato though).

i9CZR028EJ087.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom