• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

tumblr_mhbvbf0fn91rm9kjpo1_250.gif

I bet CR7 is good in bed. So confident.

Wilbur

Banned
Denis the Menace celebrating (his brace) with his son

Bfj6jfFCMAAaEaF.jpg

A true hero <3

you could say the same about Bayern, right? Mats Hummels, Prime Klose, young Podolski, Nils Petersen etc

Or United? Rossi, Pique, Pogba, Machede...

you see where I'm going with this? :p It's very common with the biggest clubs.

I love Denis the Menace. Deserves to be somewhere better than fucking Atalanta.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
gonna play devil's advocate here, but if not CL success, what does measure the massiveness of a club on international level, when comparing dicks in the league is out of the question?

stability.

I'm not even kidding this time
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Can you call Ajax a big club with a straight face now? No one is going to waste his prime years there anymore. We were too big to die, for example.

Seriously, what are you talking about?

I was talking about the part you deleted from my post

people take some of the banter that comes outta my fingers waaay too seriously
KuGsj.gif

gonna play devil's advocate here, but if not CL success, what does measure the massiveness of a club on international level, when comparing dicks in the league is out of the question?

Isco would be starting more if he stepped his defensive game up. Di Maria is who's currently keeping him out of the midfield three.

There really is no set way of measuring present massiveness

Past success, recent success, current prospects, financial strength, size of fanbase, even the size of the stadium comes into it for me. Some clubs just have an aura of massiveness as well, like Milan, even if things aren't looking too good at the moment.

faridmon

Isco would be starting more if he stepped his defensive game up. Di Maria is who's currently keeping him out of the midfield three.

Fair enough. But at the same time, being one of the most talented players in Spain just to come off the bench when at the same could hone his talent both defensively and in attacking position while playing every game he could, just cries for disappointment.

Wilbur

Banned
Yeah I dunno. Linny will blow the trumpet, and of course in a way he's right, but massive clubs in the past like forest, Leeds and to a lesser extent villa have almost no impact on anything on the grand stage. They're not threatening to get into Europe. The two in the lower leagues aren't winning theirs. It's not that they aren't big clubs, because that seems... disrespectful. But they're not clubs anyone wants to be at.

Liverpool have done quite well the last few years to live off their reputation; Suarez for instance is a signing that must have partly been because they're such a big name. But he came from Ajax, who are a traditionally big club in a poor league who come third in their CL group every year. It's an odd argument because it feels silly calling someone a 'big' club. There is no such thing. There's good teams and bad teams, and the ones in between. Right now, City are a big club because they're a good team.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yeah I dunno. Linny will blow the trumpet, and of course in a way he's right, but massive clubs in the past like forest, Leeds and to a lesser extent villa have almost no impact on anything on the grand stage. They're not threatening to get into Europe. The two in the lower leagues aren't winning theirs. It's not that they aren't big clubs, because that seems... disrespectful. But they're not clubs anyone wants to be at.

Liverpool have done quite well the last few years to live off their reputation; Suarez for instance is a signing that must have partly been because they're such a big name. But he came from Ajax, who are a traditionally big club in a poor league who come third in their CL group every year. It's an odd argument because it feels silly calling someone a 'big' club. There is no such thing. There's good teams and bad teams, and the ones in between. Right now, City are a big club because they're a good team.

Yes! I agree with this whole post!

bud

this ongoing tension between yurt and ff is fascinating.

why don't you two get a room already, and give each other the d.
ibfSksFQSo49bT.png

Elchele

you could say the same about Bayern, right? Mats Hummels, Prime Klose, young Podolski, Nils Petersen etc

Or United? Rossi, Pique, Pogba, Machede...

you see where I'm going with this? :p It's very common with the biggest clubs.

Not true at all. Bayern is where young average german players go to die. Talented players always do great at Bayern.

Hummels is our youth player, not someone we signed. The squad was full so we sent him on loan, it worked alright for all the parts involved.

Klose never gave a fuck about Bayern, unless it was a WC year.

Podolski? really?

Nils Petersen? REALLY? :loooooooool That's like saying poor man's Bendtner.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Not true at all. Bayern is where young average german players go to die. Talented players always do great at Bayern.

Hummels is our youth player, not someone we signed. The squad was full so we sent him on loan, it worked alright for all the parts involved.

Podolski? really?

you killed Gomez and Javi and now you're going to kill Mandzukic and Gotze! :p

FootballFan

this ongoing tension between yurt and ff is fascinating.

why don't you two get a room already, and give each other the d.
ibfSksFQSo49bT.png

LOL perfect face to use after that sentence.

I seem to anger him even when I am not saying anything directed to or about him. lol

I wonder if he will quote Pulga's "dissonance pls" and tell him to post something original out of the blue. I won't, because frankly I don't care what he or any of you post as long as it is within gaf rules and you don't get banned.

I guess some people just take it more seriously.

Elchele

you killed Gomez and you're going to kill Madzukic and Gotze! :p

Gomez made it to the "big scene" thanks to Bayern. We basically played tactics just to suit him for two seasons. He would be playing in Serie C if he had joined RM, for example.

Mandzukic was a nobody before joining Bayern, now he's one of the best strikers in the world. Gotze is basically the new GOAT

We did kill Tymo's career tho :(
at least he won the treble before leaving

Zabojnik

Podolski? really?

Why do you even support Bayern? You're Argentinian, you should support a spanish or italian side. Jupp pls.

Elchele

Why do you even support Bayern? You're Argentinian, you should support a spanish or italian side. Jupp pls.

If I wanted to support a latin side, I would rather support one in Argentina. The same thing: economic problems, violence, under the table 'business', corruption. Nope thanks

Bundesliga seems like the best league, without the drama and football corruption, healthy league with great modern football and lots of youth talent. I really enjoy it

I'm starting to follow Newell's Old Boys this season in Argentina anyway :p

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
LOL perfect face to use after that sentence.

I seem to anger him even when I am not saying anything directed to or about him. lol

I wonder if he will quote Pulga's "dissonance pls" and tell him to post something original out of the blue. I won't, because frankly I don't care what he or any of you post as long as it is within gaf rules and you don't get banned.

I guess some people just take it more seriously.

"Yurt pls leave me alone"

KuGsj.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom