• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

tri_willy

Remember when Liverpool fans were saying they got City's best CB?

hilarious%2Byet%2Bcruel%2Bperfect%2B_0a3b441c09cc3bcd59fc5eee414b263b.gif

Good times.

meier pls, pretty sure someone mentioned 2nd best CB... at least 2nd best when it comes to giving the ball away for goal/scoring the best OG :p

Remember when Liverpool fans were saying they got City's best CB?

hilarious%2Byet%2Bcruel%2Bperfect%2B_0a3b441c09cc3bcd59fc5eee414b263b.gif

Good times.

He was very, very good in those first 3 games while City's defenders were not playing too well iirc. It was obviously never going to last though, free transfers are free for a reason.

Got a feelijg Dnipro will bend us over a barrel in the summer. Firstly, the price should be significantly cheaper with just a year left on his contract. Secondly, we'll reward them for apparently cunting it up on the last day of the window.

pulga

Banned
I somehow have to agree with this. Everything is build around CR7 and all the great talent that came is gone now. Robben had to leave because of CR7, Sneijder left because of Kaka. Kaka never made it because he was injured and the Madrid medical stuff is utter crap. Özil gone to Arsenal, Higuain sold to Napoli, Modric is wasted, Isco suffers from Ancelottis strange system etc.

Money.

See this is the exact same ignorance I was talking to farid about yesterday. "Modric is wasted" for example. Where to even begin? Modric is probably second only to Ronaldo as our most influential player this season.

Of all the bad posts these days, this is surely up there with in the top 3. Not as good as Vidal's non spectacular goalscoring record though.

sohois

I have nothing personal against him. Seems nice enough.

But he's not qualified for the job.

I mean I'm a nice person and I'm an ok lawyer (promise) but that doesn't mean I could hack being commercial counsel for a billionaire hedge-fund all of a sudden.

He doesn't know what he's doing. He's faking it. It's scarily obvious to me too.

He's certainly no Hodgson in that regard. He was arrogant, disrespectful and viewed the whole thing as just a stepping stone to the England job. Which he still managed to get despite being shit.

Not to mention you had the media constantly reminded everyone what a nice man he was, how Liverpool were lucky to have him, etc. You definitely don't see people holding back on Moyes performance.

Feorax

Got a feelijg Dnipro will bend us over a barrel in the summer. Firstly, the price should be significantly cheaper with just a year left on his contract. Secondly, we'll reward them for apparently cunting it up on the last day of the window.

If we were sensible, we'd offer £7 million on 1st July and say take it or leave it. I reckon Kono will push for the move at that point.

Blackhead

Redarse
I'm trying to explain to a.friend the drama of the U.S. Championship handegg game last night and I'm looking for a similar Football game as an example. First one that comes to mind is the Bayern vs Chelsea UCL final -- Bayern, attacking team, reputation as chokers, favourable stadium vs Chelsea, defensive, lost previous trip to finals -- but that was a close game (well Bayern was the better team...). An equivalent surprise blowout would be the Barca Dream Team losing to Milan in 94. Any other suggestions?

Elchele

RM are shite, pulga, when will you learn

I'm trying to explain to a.friend the drama of the U.S. Championship handegg game last night and I'm looking for a similar Football game as an example. First one that comes to mind is the Bayern vs Chelsea UCL final -- Bayern, attacking team, reputation as chokers, favourable stadium vs Chelsea, defensive, lost previous trip to finals -- but that was a close game (well Bayern was the better team...). An equivalent surprise blowout would be the Barca Dream Team losing to Milan in 94. Any other suggestions?

Bayern destroying Barcelona 7-0 on aggregate

He's certainly no Hodgson in that regard. He was arrogant, disrespectful and viewed the whole thing as just a stepping stone to the England job. Which he still managed to get despite being shit.

Not to mention you had the media constantly reminded everyone what a nice man he was, how Liverpool were lucky to have him, etc. You definitely don't see people holding back on Moyes performance.

I dunno, I think up until now a lot of people have been fairly reserved on him despite bad results. It's starting to turn now though.

Elchele

please win half the number of CLs as us and then maaaaaaybe I'll pay attention

Until then, you're less than Liverpool in mine eyes

RM fans always hide in the past

face the reality, pulga

open your eyes

Then in your eyes Juve are less than Inter?

Which internet fans are more annoying?

1) Pessimistic ones who go over the top, and criticise every tiny detail of the club they support
2) The ones who constantly try and quash honest discussion of the club's failings and problems under the guise of 'getting behind the lads'

I find those in the second category more insufferable on RAWK and redcafe at least.

In before someone says 'fans like you lol' :p

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

any final with Mourinho
KuGsj.gif

Nottingham Forest

Two.

United with three.

Ajax four.

This will never be the measure of how big your club is.

I have not read the thread in days! Rust is soooooo goood!

That West Ham game was the worst game I have ever seen live. £160 to see Ramires shank every fucking cross and then West Ham to have everyone behind the ball but Carrol and just boot it to his head!
LLShC.gif

To make things worse Diame nearly took my skull off!

1780719_10151830176140796_1336411140_n.jpg

I am going to see the Newcastle game at the weekend with Steverulez so everyone punt on 0-0! Cunts.

Wilbur

Banned

1) Pessimistic ones who go over the top, and criticise every tiny detail of the club they support
2) The ones who constantly try and quash honest discussion of the club's failings and problems under the guise of 'getting behind the lads'

I find those in the second category more insufferable on RAWK and redcafe at least.

Second one by far. The amount of flak I got for calling Young a cunt simply because he's a United player was absurd.

That West Ham game was the worst game I have ever seen live. £160 to see Ramires shank every fucking cross and then West Ham to have everyone behind the ball but Carrol and just boot it to his head!
LLShC.gif

I am going to see the Newcastle game at the weekend with Steverulez so everyone punt on 0-0! Cunts.

Was Will.I.An as bad as people were saying?

sohois

Some guy literally just fired up a rocket a short distance from my apartment. Not a firework or anything exciting, just a fucking rocket. It went up 20m and the exploded, no sparks or lights, nothing.

What is even the point of that?

FootballFan

please win half the number of CLs as us and then maaaaaaybe I'll pay attention

Until then, you're less than Liverpool in mine eyes

You support Juve..

CL success determines the "MASSIVE"ness of a club when we talk about Madrid, but not about Juve, right?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

STEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVE! <3

fuck Rust. I miss Rust, where's my True Detective? :(

2)

you can slap "1)" back to reality but it's hard to argue with "2)".

STEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVE! <3

fuck Rust. I miss Rust, where's my True Detective? :(

2)

you can slap "1)" back to reality but it's hard to argue with "2)".

Where did you go to watch True Detective? Wanna watch it tomorrow, decided I can't be arsed to wait til the 22nd to watch it ad-interrupted on Sky Atlantic

Sahara is still the only thing I've seen Matthew McConaughey in

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
You support Juve..

CL success determines the "MASSIVE"ness of a club when we talk about Madrid, but not about Juve, right?

read the fucking thread and post something original. They called him out already.

Where did you go to watch True Detective? Wanna watch it tomorrow, decided I can't be arsed to wait til the 22nd to watch it ad-interrupted on Sky Atlantic

edit: Hitcher pls

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris

I find im wavering between being both of those :3 its very hard to be optimistic when not only are we losing but we are playing football which is boring as fk to watch. But then im trying to be level headed about this. I just honestly didnt expect things to be this bad.

Nyx

The first by far.

I find im wavering between being both of those :3 its very hard to be optimistic when not only are we losing but we are playing football which is boring as fk to watch. But then im trying to be level headed about this. I just honestly didnt expect things to be this bad.

You can be level-headed and still be 1) imo

People in category 2 might as well just C+P 'We're perfect and even if we're not perfect there's nothing we can do about it so you might as well just shut up or pretend that we're perfect.'

bud23

I'm trying to explain to a.friend the drama of the U.S. Championship handegg game last night and I'm looking for a similar Football game as an example.

The Maracanazo is, undoubtedly, the one you're looking for.

The shocking defeat provoked numerous reactions after the match that demonstrated the magnitude of the devastation. For instance, after the final whistle, a distressed fan committed suicide, and three others died from heart attacks. FIFA presented the Jules Rimet Trophy to Uruguay without an award ceremony,as nobody had thought to prepare a congratulatory speech for Uruguay. Outside the stadium, a group of Brazilian fans knocked over a bust of Angelo Mendes de Moraes, the mayor of Rio who was reviled due to his premature congratulations. According to rumors, Flavio Costa, the coach of the Brazilian team, discretely exited the stadium disguised as a nanny. The defeat also influenced the Brazilian team itself, which did not participate in matches for two years or play in the Maracanã for four years following the World Cup. Finally, the most visible consequence of the defeat was the fact that the national team adopted yellow and green shirts instead of the white shirts that it had worn during the match.

Real Madrid is where talented players go to die

That makes no sense at all. Try it again.

Draconian

LLShC.gif

Yeah, the game was terrible. Let's see if Mou breaks out the 19th century tactics today. If we sit back and are well organized, we could expose City on the counter. It will be tough though.

The shocking defeat provoked numerous reactions after the match that demonstrated the magnitude of the devastation. For instance, after the final whistle, a distressed fan committed suicide, and three others died from heart attacks. FIFA presented the Jules Rimet Trophy to Uruguay without an award ceremony,as nobody had thought to prepare a congratulatory speech for Uruguay. Outside the stadium, a group of Brazilian fans knocked over a bust of Angelo Mendes de Moraes, the mayor of Rio who was reviled due to his premature congratulations. According to rumors, Flavio Costa, the coach of the Brazilian team, discretely exited the stadium disguised as a nanny. The defeat also influenced the Brazilian team itself, which did not participate in matches for two years or play in the Maracanã for four years following the World Cup. Finally, the most visible consequence of the defeat was the fact that the national team adopted yellow and green shirts instead of the white shirts that it had worn during the match.

Eww.

faridmon

See this is the exact same ignorance I was talking to farid about yesterday. "Modric is wasted" for example. Where to even begin? Modric is probably second only to Ronaldo as our most influential player this season.

Of all the bad posts these days, this is surely up there with in the top 3. Not as good as Vidal's non spectacular goalscoring record though.

To be frank, Modric is not wasted. He is what the midfield of that team need. I can't see Isco coming ahead of him, Ronaldo, Alonso, etc.

faridmon

You can be level-headed and still be 1) imo

People in category 2 might as well just C+P 'We're perfect and even if we're not perfect there's nothing we can do about it so you might as well just shut up or pretend that we're perfect.'

I used to be 2) but Osman changed me.

I really hope he never gets a play time ever again.

pulga

Banned
people take some of the banter that comes outta my fingers waaay too seriously
KuGsj.gif

gonna play devil's advocate here, but if not CL success, what does measure the massiveness of a club on international level, when comparing dicks in the league is out of the question?

To be frank, Modric is not wasted. He is what the midfield of that team need. I can't see Isco coming ahead of him, Ronaldo, Alonso, etc.

Isco would be starting more if he stepped his defensive game up. Di Maria is who's currently keeping him out of the midfield three.

Wilbur

Banned
people take some of the banter that comes outta my fingers waaay too seriously
KuGsj.gif

gonna play devil's advocate here, but if not CL success, what does measure the massiveness of a club on international level, when comparing dicks in the league is out of the question?

659m fans. Cheers m8.

Ashes

Banned
Moyes out chants are ereily similar to the Fergie out chants early in his reign. & Fergie had already won cups on the European stage before United.

Man Utd board accounted for a third place finish this season. Looks like that isn't happening. I don't see that being allowed to happen two years in a row. So I'm good with being patient with Moyes. & I was one of those who didn't want him in the first place because he'd never won anything.

Let him fill the couple of positions that he says we need filling; a central defender; a left back; and the big one: a world class central midfielder.

If liverpool lose next weekend and we win, we'd be only 4 points behind. How we are where we are considering how many games we've lost is real damn lucky. Ironic that.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Denis the Menace celebrating (his brace) with his son

Bfj6jfFCMAAaEaF.jpg

A true hero <3

Real Madrid is where talented players go to die

you could say the same about Bayern, right? Mats Hummels, Prime Klose, young Podolski, Nils Petersen etc

Or United? Rossi, Pique, Pogba, Machede...

you see where I'm going with this? :p It's very common with the biggest clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom