• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

CommonComfortableBlackpanther.gif

gooooood what a goal this would have been. the gif is missing the touch to take down the long ball too oh god it was so good

OH GOD

FootballFan

Reaching Ronaldo levels shouldn't be a problem for Gotze, to be fair. Incredible to think he's just 21 yo

No way of telling now who will be great or not but yeah goatze and neymar in 3-4 years seem pretty likely imo. And jese when he drags getafe to a Cl spot in 3-4 years too.

Don't know if any of them will reach ronaldo/messi numbers though..

No way of telling now who will be great or not but yeah goatze and neymar in 3-4 years seem pretty likely imo. And jese when he drags getafe to a Cl spot in 3-4 years too.

Probably not, they might find a way to trace the HGH both are using a few years from now.

Elchele

I don't know why they would need to be around the same numbers, this isn't a stats contest. If they are great, they are great. Ronaldinho isn't near their stats is he? still I would think he was better player than CR7.

faridmon

Samurai Flamenco has kind of fell off... It was so well put together in the beginning too. I'm still interested to see what they'll come up with next.

It started out pretty silly and still sily... except the silliness is upped to the nth degree.
They really outdone themselves in the latest episode.

What a silly and amazing show.

FootballFan

I don't know why they would need to be around the same numbers, this isn't a stats contest. If they are great, they are great. Ronaldinho isn't near their stats is he? still I would think he was better player than CR7.

Didn't say anywhere they would need those numbers to be great, just said I doubt they would get the same numbers messi/cr7 do.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Chelsea have no chance tonight, absolutely zero. In their away games against the better sides they failed to score at Arsenal, Newcastle, Everton and Old Trafford and scored once at White Hart Lane (on a set piece in a 1-1 draw).

There is no way they are going to score the goals needed to win this game, Mourinho just doesn't set his team up to do that.

Ronaldinho is at fault here for fucking his football future up. So potentially he could be a better player than CR7 but how can anyone know for sure?

You can easily say any other promising players who got horribly injured when they were young potentially better than CR7, but they just didn't.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Only way I can see tonight being entertaining is if City score early and first, gotta force Chelseas hand

Elchele

Ronaldinho is at fault here for fucking his football future up. So potentially he could be a better player than CR7 but how can anyone know for sure?

You can easily say any other promising players who got horribly injured when they were young potentially better than CR7, but they just didn't.

I'm not saying Ronaldinho could have been better than CR7, I'm saying that during his prime (in my opinion) he was better than CR7.

Only way I can see tonight being entertaining is if City score early and first, gotta force Chelseas hand

Nah I think both teams are going to go for it. City want to go top, Chelsea don't want to fall behind.

Very tight at the moment and a draw isn't the best result for either right now.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I dont hate Moyes, I think he has been severely let down by some players and I liked how big he talked the other week, but then he played 2 games in a row with the same tactics and we played like shit. No point in saying we have turned a corner when we do the same things.

I dont hate Moyes, I think he has been severely let down by some players and I liked how big he talked the other week, but then he played 2 games in a row with the same tactics and we played like shit. No point in saying we have turned a corner when we do the same things.

I have nothing personal against him. Seems nice enough.

But he's not qualified for the job.

I mean I'm a nice person and I'm an ok lawyer (promise) but that doesn't mean I could hack being commercial counsel for a billionaire hedge-fund all of a sudden.

He doesn't know what he's doing. He's faking it. It's scarily obvious to me too.

Rad-

Ronaldinho might have been better than Ronaldo at his prime but Ronaldinho's prime only lasted few seasons. What makes Ronaldo special (and Messi) is that he has been in his prime for like 7 years now.

Ronaldo will be top 5 players ever when he retires. I seriously doubt any young player will reach his level.

Elchele

I don't get why the players and media are so excited about our game yesterday. It basically was a training match, Frankfurt weren't even trying and rested "important" players

Oh fuck City - Chelsea is on tonight?
3AQmK.gif
CANT WAIT

who am I supposed to cheer for though?

Freiburg

Meier

I think Isco could be a world class player
if he decide to leave Real

If Isco begs and pleads to Manuel and comes to City in the summer, he could be developed into one of the top players in the world. It definitely won't happen there at Madrid.

Mr Cola

Ronaldinho might have been better than Ronaldo at his prime but Ronaldinho's prime only lasted few seasons. What makes Ronaldo special (and Messi) is that he has been in his prime for like 7 years now.

Ronaldo will be top 5 players ever when he retires. I seriously doubt any young player will reach his level.
;Maybe its United bias but I think Ronnie is much better than Ronaldinho, and Dinho was my favourite player in his prime, Ronaldo is just too damn clinical

Meier

The only positive to Isco's betrayal was Nasri's rebirth. He has been fantastic this season.. hopefully he'll be back soon.

Jack cw

Real Madrid is where talented players go to die

I somehow have to agree with this. Everything is build around CR7 and all the great talent that came is gone now. Robben had to leave because of CR7, Sneijder left because of Kaka. Kaka never made it because he was injured and the Madrid medical stuff is utter crap. Özil gone to Arsenal, Higuain sold to Napoli, Modric is wasted, Isco suffers from Ancelottis strange system etc.
I really don't understand why players are so stupid when it comes to choosing their new club

Money.

Mr Cola

I somehow have to agree with this. Everything is build around CR7 and all the great talent that came is gone now. Robben had to leave because of CR7, Sneijder left because of Kaka. Kaka never made it because he was injured and the Madrid medical stuff is utter crap. Özil gone to Arsenal, Higuain sold to Napoli, Modric is wasted, Isco suffers from Ancelottis strange system etc.

Money.

Granted I dont watch much La liga but Mourinho is convicned players go there to stomp the league and build a legacy, would have loved Ronaldo to stay at United.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom