• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suen

Yes they did....

barca_valenciayzcy7.gif
:lol that goal was so good. Valdes reaction afterwards was even more funny.

Muntari lol.

And them being a more attractive club in the capital of his home country, being the best team in the world, under the best manager in the world who also has a reputation for coaching young players to fulfil their potential

Best manager in the world pls.

I would love to walk into two jobs with ready built teams who have just won or recently won the Champions League and there is only one other team to compete against.

Conte, Ancelotti, then Pep :D

Where does he get in that team? He is 20. He needs to play.

That's the sticking point. To make the right decision, he needs to have a long chat with Pep and Wenger, to find out how much room for error he'd have before being dropped, and how often and where he'd play.

If he's just sat on the Bayern bench waiting for Ribery or Robben to decline, he'll have fucked up.

Blablurn

All these rumors of Bayern stopping the Draxler to Arsenal deal. You would think Shalke would prefer to sell him to Arsenal over bayern. Guess it depends on how much they pay. He obviously wanted to go to Arsenal. He must have known that bayern was an option for him this summer, but he still wanted to come to Arsenal.

Fuck bayern

Fuck pep

i8dMUm6eYvNWJ.gif

WJD

Was in London today so couldn't watch our game. Really should be fucking winning with the team we put out. Like, no excuses.

Anyone got a damage report?

wedward

That's the sticking point. To make the right decision, he needs to have a long chat with Pep and Wenger, to find out how much room for error he'd have before being dropped, and how often and where he'd play.

If he's just sat on the Bayern bench waiting for Ribery or Robben to decline, he'll have fucked up.

Good points. At Bayern there is 0 margin for error.

Clegg

I'm a believer in giving Moyes time to build his own squad, but it's hard to argue when you read articles saying that any modern attacking coach would be doing so much better with the attacking talents at United.

I'm a believer in giving Moyes time to build his own squad, but it's hard to argue when you read articles saying that any modern attacking coach would be doing so much better with the attacking talents at United.

Hands off, I can see where this is going :p

Daniel Taylor from The Guardian - damn they really love us at the moment don't they!?

We've come so far, but this is only the beginning. I can't wait until that campus is complete, quite amazing considering 5 years ago it was just barren wasteland.

It is a joke for that article to talk about the financials like they are genuine. The sponsorship deals are a complete farce and City deserved to be chucked out of Europe along with PSG for making up sponsorship deals that do not reflect their true market value. Of course Platini is in their pockets so will never do anything like actually enforce the laws he created.

Peco

But Seedorf likes him but seriously, I don't understand why Cristante and Saponara (even Birsa is ahead in the pecking order) are always on the bench

Saponara is done, he refused to join shitty Parma so he'll never play again.

Fucking disgusting club.

Bonera.

I'm out of words.
But Seedorf likes him but seriously, I don't understand why Cristante and Saponara (even Birsa is ahead in the pecking order) are always on the bench

As much as I like Saponara and I'd love to see more, I think it's for the best if right now the most experienced players play from the start. We have to get closer to the EL zone, using them right now might be too much, pressure-wise.

Blablurn

Let's see how Manchester will play in the CL.

Everybody knew Klinsmann wasnt the real deal when he joined Bayern. But when he lost 5:1 in Wolfsburg and 4:0 against Barca in March/April you could already see that things won't end well.

But if Moyes can at least impress in the CL you know there is some potential. You guys got a good draw with Piraeus. Maybe you can find some momentum with success in the CL. Momentum you guys really need.

Let's see how Manchester will play in the CL.

Everybody knew Klinsmann wasnt the real deal when he joined Bayern. But when he lost 5:1 in Wolfsburg and 4:0 against Barca in March/April you could already see that things won't end well.

But if Moyes can at least impress in the CL you know there is some potential. You guys got a good draw with Piraeus. Maybe you can find some momentum with success in the CL. Momentum you guys really need.

If they won it and we finished 4th....

Malaga supporter? Wait I'm sure I've written to you before and asked the same question. Sevilla should be a good challenge for you guys.

Yep, I like how Sevilla are playing this year, they did well this summer with transfers. And we are one point over relegation zone and looking really bad :(

At least I like our starting lineup today: Willy; Jesús Gámez, Sergio Sánchez, Flávio, Antunes; Camacho, Tissone, Amrabat, Duda, Eliseu y Juanmi.

Ashes

Banned
Nobody has answered this yet.

If Moyes is let go, WHO REPLACES HIM?

He won't be let go. And some of us don't think he should. Let him build a decent team. And learn how draws are not the end of the world, and that he shouldn't fucking panic.

wedward

He won't be let go. And some of us don't think he should. Let him build a decent team. And learn how draws are not the end of the world, and that he shouldn't fucking panic.
I don't think he should go. But for the people who do, who is available?

Suen

Yep, I like how Sevilla are playing this year, they did well this summer with transfers. And we are one point over relegation zone and looking really bad :(

At least I like our starting lineup: Willy; Jesús Gámez, Sergio Sánchez, Flávio, Antunes; Camacho, Tissone, Amrabat, Duda, Eliseu y Juanmi.
You've lost lots of decent to great players: Cazorla, Monreal, Demichelis, Isco, Rondo are what comes to my head now. I'm probably forgetting some other players too. I really hope you stay in La Liga though, hopefully Sevilla can be kind of enough to give you three points. Willy is amazing though.

I'm honestly surprised that Sevilla manage to find themselves so high up in the table. Navas and Negredo was what made them so fast and strong in attack and counters last season and both are gone. Rakitic is doing a good job though in their absence. How has Bacca done? I haven't observed him that much but see his name pop up now and then in the scoresheet.

LIMA!!!!!

Benfica 1-0
Football kings and spirits pls why.

dc89

It is a joke for that article to talk about the financials like they are genuine. The sponsorship deals are a complete farce and City deserved to be chucked out of Europe along with PSG for making up sponsorship deals that do not reflect their true market value. Of course Platini is in their pockets so will never do anything like actually enforce the laws he created.

UEFA can't afford to kick two massive clubs out of the Champions League.

Blablurn

When you write your Bachelor Thesis about a certain topic. And you use books as your souce, you basically just paraphrase what its written in it, right? Or do I miss the point in there?

Markovic looks like Scott Stapp from Creed. I'm always expecting him to start singing With Arms Wide Open in the middle of the field.

When you write your Bachelor Thesis about a certain topic. And you use books as your souce, you basically just paraphrase what its written in it, right? Or do I miss the point in there?

[sic]

I'd try and avoid paraphrasing, unless to make the point you'd literally have to quote an entire paragraph or more

this is true clank. playing with 10, getting the lead and outplaying the opposition. and now Cardozo's coming on, cause fuck only win 1-0 vs 11 men.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom