• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
Without PSG, Italy would still be in a shithole. So be grateful child!

Timerda is like that little shrimp for a brother you have whom suddenly hits a growth spurt and deludes himself into believing he's the big man in town, only he's not and everyone makes fun of him for thinking such a superficial thing makes him top dawg

We all remember your diapers timmy

Timurid

This is very important too. You don't just want to put stuff in your thesis because it sounds good or something, there needs to be a point in having it there.

But why Totti, why :(

Gervinho hat trick is in store for Parma tomorrow.

Ghost of Christmas past Mofo!

Timerda is like that little shrimp for a brother you have whom suddenly hits a growth spurt and deludes himself into believing he's the big man in town, only he's not and everyone makes fun of him for thinking such a superficial thing makes him top dawg

i like that he picked an underachieving shite french team to go with his underachieving shite italian team.

Arnie

Back from the pub. Good to see Tim Sherwood celebrating a hard earned point away to Hull. Hope enjoys 4-4-2, no holding mids & not using substitutes with his new League 2 team come September.

Congrats on 4th Liverpool.

It's nowhere near over yet. I'll be anxious until it's mathematically certain and United are out of the Champions League.

Dear all: Is Mud any good?

Suen

Gervinho hat trick is in store for Parma tomorrow.

Ghost of Christmas past Mofo!
:lol I fucking hope someone sends Gervi flying tomorrow. Still haven't forgotten the dive he did against us earlier in the season, resulted in Roma getting a pen. Fucking cunt

Timu where is your shitty kpop avatar?

He ate some bad ham once. Never forgive, never forget.
He will be in tears when he meets his old friend Cassano.

Blablurn

This is very important too. You don't just want to put stuff in your thesis because it sounds good or something, there needs to be a point in having it there.

But why Totti, why :(

I think it just made a little click here. So what about I start with my point first.

Let's see, for example "Advertising in China - What appeals to the Chinese"

Then I basically start with the ending of the Paper

I find points and ways to describe the Chinese consumer and its behavior (for example that its rooted in the cultural background). Then I will show examples of commercials who did exactly that. Followed maybe by points which show what does NOT appeal to the Chinese. Also followed with some examples.

The point is, I wanna show in my paper what companies need to do to survive in the new Chinese market.

And then, once this is done, I can take care about the general stuff like "structure of chinese advertisement business", "history of chinese advertisiment" etc."

And in the beginning I will write about the Hofsteds model of Understanding Culture. Showing that the Chinese culture is different than the Western culture (which it is according to that Hofstede guy) and why you need to do different advertisement strategies..

So I got my theoretical basis, my general description and my points. Sounds about right? I like to hear improvements and suggestions :)

Timurid

:lol

How do I act like a "top dawg"?

wedward

It's nowhere near over yet. I'll be anxious until it's mathematically certain and United are out of the Champions League.

Dear all: Is Mud any good?

Yes, very good. Also check out Take Shelter and Shotgun Stories if you like it.

David William Moyes / mɔɪz

Definition:

Lacking the quality or quantity required; insufficient for a purpose.

Use:

"This perforated condom is a bit like David William Moyes"

Synonyms:

insufficient, not enough, deficient, poor, paltry, meagre, niggardly; skimpy, sketchy, incomplete, restricted, limited; incompetent, incapable, unsatisfactory, not good enough, no good, found wanting, not up to scratch, lacking, leaving much to be desired, unfit, ineffective, ineffectual, inefficient, unskilful, inexpert, inept, amateurish, substandard, poor, bad, hopeless, useless, inferior, impotent, powerless;

informal: measly, pathetic, piddling, not up to snuff, lousy;

rare: exiguous

So if one were to give Moyes more time would a different result occur? Maybe 1 year? Maybe 12?

I understand the concept of giving a new manager time even when things are going wrong.

But that's for when a manager shows an aptitude or signs that he can make a team successful, but perhaps he's not quite getting the consistency or results just yet (e.g. see Rodgers last year).

However Moyes is running this team precisely how everyone who had watched his Everton side play expected (except with an even shittier defensive record).

Moreover, we are most certainly playing consistently. We have played about as well as we did today in most games this season, winning some, drawing some and losing others, but the performances regardless of result have been uniformly underwhelming (bar the odd outlier like some of our CL performances). The same limitations, lack of movement, lack of creativity, lack of organisation, lack of effort and lack of basic desire.

These are his problems to fix and there has been no sign of improvement since the season started, not even a small glimmer. We have been consistently poor. He knows our deficiencies and has had two transfer windows to fix them. Nothing. He overspent on a player from his old club (who is now also massively under-performing) and then he bought Mata and played him as an orthodox right winger, first at the expense of Rooney, then at the expense of Danny Welbeck. Incredible management skills.

He has been completely unable to inspire this set of players to anywhere near their former performance level from just 7-8 months ago. Yet he tells us we're playing well and that we're just being unlucky. I don't know if it's worse if he believes it or he's openly lying to us.

Don't get me wrong, this is a shitty set of players but they should still be playing better than we've been seeing this season.

Moyes is not tactically adept, he does not have any overarching football philosophy other than a general conservatism, he does not know how to beat teams on a weekly basis, nor has he done anything of significance before coming to our club (so we can put to bed any comparisons or analogies to us giving SAF time to bed in at the club amidst bad results). He is so obviously woefully under-qualified.

Look at every other big team on the planet. They have either proven managers (Ancelotti, Mourinho, Pep, Wenger, Pelligrini) or those with exciting potential (Klopp, Cunte, Blanc, Rodgers, Simeone). We have someone that was good at keeping Everton in the top half of the league on a tight budget. That's his sole fucking achievement in football. And we replaced the most successful manager of all time with him. And in turn he replaced all of our top class coaches with ex United players whose credentials as coaches are non-existent, or with ex-Everton coaches who are quite clearly fucking mediocre.

And here we are about to be 9 points off 4th place in February. We're quite likely not going to even make the Europa League. But 'keep the faith' say some fans. Faith in what? This is exactly what Moyes provides. This is absolutely his level. It doesn't get better than this with him in charge. And soon due to our sharp decline any remaining talented players will start to leave and good players will be turning down moves to us more frequently, and then you can fucking bet things will get worse. I don't think the club should let this linger. Things need to change quickly before we become the next Liverpool or Milan, and that could happen far quicker than most think.

So no, I think we could give Moyes two whole decades and we'd still be awful because he simply isn't very good at being a manager of a successful attacking football team in the Premier League. We have 11 years and 6 months worth of clear, verifiable evidence of this already. As I've said before, our club is fucked for as long as he and his shit-bird staff are in charge. And Neville take that fucking headset off you look like a clueless enough prick as it is.

This isn't a rant simply born of losing a match against Stoke. My argument is that this all relates to the wider trends demonstrating his lack of suitability for the job. I never wanted him as manager after SAF retired and I know most of the United fans I spoke to didn't either. He was demonstrably not good enough for the club before joining and that view has only been reinforced since.

I'm already looking forward to him not being our manager any more.

To summarise, having faith is fine but blind faith in the face of an overwhelming sum of evidence is mostly fucking cretinous.

Oh, and it's great to be back.

P.S. I can't believe Illaramendi cost more than Neymar.

Lambda Piscium said:
you United people should watch Benfica later on tonight, we gonna play a Stoke like team and you can take a few pointers.

jbtwzq4P0YAl83.png

So, United Gaf, did you learn anything?

L1NETT

Muds top Arnold, watch that asap.

Just seen the Leeds score, they reappointed him?? What Is this Cagliari owner doing?

Elchele

I think it just made a little click here. So what about I start with my point first.

I find points and ways to describe the Chinese consumer and its behavior (for example that its rooted in the cultural background). Then I will show examples of commercials who did exactly that. Followed maybe by points which show what does NOT appeal to the Chinese. Also followed with some examples.

I once read BIMBO had to sell less bread in each package in China, because chinese people only buy small portions every time they go to the groceries store. Also they made it a little bit sweeter or something

I don't like China.

Timurid

I bloody hope so, just acquired it the other day to prep myself for Dallas Buyers Club.

Dallas Buyers Club is a fantastic film. Personally, Jared Leto's performance is the best in the film. I think he is a lock in for supporting actor this year.

Blablurn

I once read BIMBO had to sell less bread in each package in China, because chinese people only buy small portions every time they go to the groceries store. Also they made it a little bit sweeter or something

I don't like China.

Yeah, thats true though. Btw, i ate my first bimbo products in China! Never knew it before. It was my gf who said that its freaking popular in America lol

bud

Dallas Buyers Club is a fantastic film. Personally, Jared Leto's performance is the best in the film. I think he is a lock in for supporting actor this year.

leto's performance was good, but it didn't really grab me like mcconaughey's performance did.

it does seem like leto's the absolute favourite, though.

David William Moyes / mɔɪz

Definition:

Lacking the quality or quantity required; insufficient for a purpose.

Use:

"This perforated condom is a bit like David William Moyes"

Synonyms:

insufficient, not enough, deficient, poor, paltry, meagre, niggardly; skimpy, sketchy, incomplete, restricted, limited; incompetent, incapable, unsatisfactory, not good enough, no good, found wanting, not up to scratch, lacking, leaving much to be desired, unfit, ineffective, ineffectual, inefficient, unskilful, inexpert, inept, amateurish, substandard, poor, bad, hopeless, useless, inferior, impotent, powerless;

informal: measly, pathetic, piddling, not up to snuff, lousy;

rare: exiguous

So if one were to give Moyes more time would a different result occur? Maybe 1 year? Maybe 12?

I understand the concept of giving a new manager time even when things are going wrong.

But that's for when a manager shows an aptitude or signs that he can make a team successful, but perhaps he's not quite getting the consistency or results just yet (e.g. see Rodgers last year).

However Moyes is running this team precisely how everyone who had watched his Everton side play expected (except with an even shittier defensive record).

Moreover, we are most certainly playing consistently. We have played about as well as we did today in most games this season, winning some, drawing some and losing others, but the performances regardless of result have been uniformly underwhelming (bar the odd outlier like some of our CL performances). The same limitations, lack of movement, lack of creativity, lack of organisation, lack of effort and lack of basic desire.

These are his problems to fix and there has been no sign of improvement since the season started, not even a small glimmer. We have been consistently poor. He knows our deficiencies and has had two transfer windows to fix them. Nothing. He overspent on a player from his old club (who is now also massively under-performing) and then he bought Mata and played him as an orthodox right winger, first at the expense of Rooney, then at the expense of Danny Welbeck. Incredible management skills.

He has been completely unable to inspire this set of players to anywhere near their former performance level from just 7-8 months ago. Yet he tells us we're playing well and that we're just being unlucky. I don't know if it's worse if he believes it or he's openly lying to us.

Don't get me wrong, this is a shitty set of players but they should still be playing better than we've been seeing this season.

Moyes is not tactically adept, he does not have any overarching football philosophy other than a general conservatism, he does not know how to beat teams on a weekly basis, nor has he done anything of significance before coming to our club (so we can put to bed any comparisons or analogies to us giving SAF time to bed in at the club amidst bad results). He is so obviously woefully under-qualified.

Look at every other big team on the planet. They have either proven managers (Ancelotti, Mourinho, Pep, Wenger, Pelligrini) or those with exciting potential (Klopp, Blanc, Rodgers, Simeone). We have someone that was good at keeping Everton in the top half of the league on a tight budget. That's his sole fucking achievement in football. And we replaced the most successful manager of all time with him. And in turn he replaced all of our top class coaches with ex United players whose credentials as coaches are non-existent, or with ex-Everton coaches who are quite clearly fucking mediocre.

And here we are about to be 9 points off 4th place in February. We're quite likely not going to even make the Europa League. But 'keep the faith' say some fans. Faith in what? This is exactly what Moyes provides. This is absolutely his level. It doesn't get better than this with him in charge. And soon due to our sharp decline any remaining talented players will start to leave and good players will be turning down moves to us more frequently, and then you can fucking bet things will get worse. I don't think the club should let this linger. Things need to change quickly before we become the next Liverpool or Milan, and that could happen far quicker than most think.

So no, I think we could give Moyes two whole decades and we'd still be awful because he simply isn't very good at being a manager of a successful attacking football team in the Premier League. We have 11 years and 6 months worth of clear, verifiable evidence of this already. As I've said before, our club is fucked for as long as he and his shit-bird staff are in charge. And Neville take that fucking headset off you like like a clueless enough prick as it is.

This isn't a rant simply born of losing a match against Stoke. My argument is that this all relates to the wider trends demonstrating his lack of suitability for the job. I never wanted him as manager after SAF retired and I know most of the United fans I spoke to didn't either. He was demonstrably not good enough for the club before joining and that view has only been reinforced since.

I'm already looking forward to him not being our manager any more.

To summarise, having faith is fine but blind faith in the face of an overwhelming sum of evidence is mostly fucking cretinous.

Oh, and it's great to be back.

P.S. I can't believe Illaramendi cost more than Neymar.

Great post. Especially the part about Moyes not knowing how to beat teams on a weekly basis.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Back from the pub. Good to see Tim Sherwood celebrating a hard earned point away to Hull. Hope enjoys 4-4-2, no holding mids & not using substitutes with his new League 2 team come September.

Congrats on 4th Liverpool.

Yeah, today was stupid. We had them clinging on during the 10 minutes after we scored and instead of bringing the fresh legs on he just let the starting XI run themselves into the ground. If we'd put Gylfi and Chadli on we'd have won the match.

Soldado played like a twat, he's far too tightly wound.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
What can any other manager do with Wellbeck, Cleverely, Evra, Young, Jones, Smalling, Hernandez, Valencia?

If we replace Moyes now what is actually going to change? And no-one is actually available of high enough profile.

If there was someone available with a track record of success then im willing to listen

Suen

The point is, I wanna show in my paper what companies need to do to survive in the new Chinese market.

And then, once this is done, I can take care about the general stuff like "structure of chinese advertisement business", "history of chinese advertisiment" etc."

And in the beginning I will write about the Hofsteds model of Understanding Culture. Showing that the Chinese culture is different than the Western culture (which it is according to that Hofstede guy) and why you need to do different advertisement strategies..

So I got my theoretical basis, my general description and my points. Sounds about right? I like to hear improvements and suggestions :)
It sounds good to me but I'm not sure how reports are written in your field of studies. If I give you suggestions or examples I'm more afraid of giving you the wrong information because I'm pretty sure there is a difference in writing a thesis about advertisement and a thesis about scientific research. The best suggestion I can give you is to look at thesis work written by other students from the same university and major as you just to get a general idea of how it's expected to look like.

Blablurn

It sounds good to me but I'm not sure how reports are written in your field of studies. If I gave you suggestions or examples I'm more afraid of giving you the wrong information because I'm pretty sure there is a difference in writing a thesis about advertisement and a thesis about scientific research. The best suggestion I can give you is to look at thesis work written by other students from the same university and major as you just to get a general idea of how it's expected to look like.

If you have any advice I take it :) I have a meeting with my teacher on thursday to show her my plan. If certain stuff does not fit into my field of study I'm sure she can tell me in the end. But I gladly accept some more advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom