• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timurid

It is a joke for that article to talk about the financials like they are genuine. The sponsorship deals are a complete farce and City deserved to be chucked out of Europe along with PSG for making up sponsorship deals that do not reflect their true market value. Of course Platini is in their pockets so will never do anything like actually enforce the laws he created.

Without PSG, Italy would still be in a shithole. So be grateful child!

UEFA can't afford to kick two massive clubs out of the Champions League.

City and PSG are not MASSIVE. They were not even in the competition a couple years back.

Barca on the over hand should be banned for the secret Neymar deal a couple years back, but UEFA will turn a blind eye to that.

Blablurn

[sic]

I'd try and avoid paraphrasing, unless to make the point you'd literally have to quote an entire paragraph or more

Papers were never a big part of my study career since we relied more on exams and now I feel a lil overwhelmed by writing my Bachelor thesis. Let's say I write about "Advertising in China". I don't know shit about it, so I get all my knowledge from my book sources. Isn't it basically just grabbing information out of it?

Peco

Without PSG, Italy would still be in a shithole. So be grateful child!

rukiddinme7rfen.gif

Papers were never a big part of my study career since we relied more on exams and now I feel a lil overwhelmed by writing my Bachelor thesis. Let's say I write about "Advertising in China". I don't know shit about it, so I get all my knowledge from my book sources. Isn't it basically just grabbing information out of it?

Dunno tbh, never had to write a thesis or anything :p

Any documentaries you could watch? Could you use your GF to maybe ask a few Chinese nationals about the subject? That's gotta be worth a few brownie points :p

Blablurn

Dunno tbh, never had to write a thesis or anything :p

Any documentaries you could watch? Could you use your GF to maybe ask a few Chinese nationals about the subject? That's gotta be worth a few brownie points :p

My girlfriend finished her bachelors as the best student of the year and didnt need to write a paper lol. Now she is facing a similar misery as her Blablurn. But only that she has to do her Masters thesis.

Y
I'm honestly surprised that Sevilla manage to find themselves so high up in the table. Navas and Negredo was what made them so fast and strong in attack and counters last season and both are gone. Rakitic is doing a good job though in their absence. How has Bacca done? I haven't observed him that much but see his name pop up now and then in the scoresheet.

Bacca is doing ok, had never seen him before but I really like him.

They are high up in the table because there is not a strong group of 4-5 teams that go for the 4-6th places. They lost their most important players but on the other side they signed a lot of solid players like Iborra, Bacca, Vitolo, Gameiro, Marin, etc.

Have to hold my hands up and admit I was chatting shit about La Liga earlier in the season. Was sure that Barca would run away with it, shaping up to be a cracker though, at least as far as the title race is concerned

Suen

When you write your Bachelor Thesis about a certain topic. And you use books as your souce, you basically just paraphrase what its written in it, right? Or do I miss the point in there?
You paraphrase the part relevant to your own topic, be careful to not word it in the same words as the author's does but explain it in your own words.

In my case I might mention a small section of the source in my own words and then just put [x]

So for example:

Football is amazing but can often be ruined by cunt teams like Bayern who buy the best players of all their rivals so they can kill their own league [1]

[1] Blablurn et al, "How to be a Bayern cunt," in Bundesliga: Cunts and Dicks, 2nd Ed....................

where '...........' part is a bunch of other stuff included in whatever citation style you use.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Tony Mowbray took over a Celtic that had lost just 33 of its last 344 matches.
He was punted after losing 7 of the next 30. Perhaps even too late.

Moyes took over a Man U that had lost just 14 of its last 118 matches.
He has now lost 8 of 24.

Think it's overdue time to twist. A shame really, both very likeable guys. Moyes just seems defeatist in interviews.

Blablurn

You paraphrase the part relevant to your own topic, be careful to not word it in the same words as the author's does but explain it in your own words.

In my case I might mention a small section of the source in my own words and then just put [x]

So for example:

Football is amazing but can often be ruined by cunt teams like Bayern who buy the best players of all their rivals so they can kill their own league [1]

[1] Blablurn et al, "How to be a Bayern cunt," in Bundesliga: Cunts and Dicks, 2nd Ed....................

where '...........' part is a bunch of other stuff included in whatever citation style you use.

haha, i like your explanation. I even get the point. Thanks bro!

Watched a few minutes of the Carrie remake yesterday. Chloe Moretz seemed like a fucking rubbish Carrie. Like a 14 year old playing a 17 year old, with none of the boiling anger, jumpiness and instability of the original Carrie

Don't just throw info at the thesis, read a lot and form an opinion about it, then use the sources to make your point.

So it should not be "Advertising on China" but "Advertising in China lies a lot" or "has an artistic approach" or whatever idea you get from your research.

How long has Balotelli been with Puma? Just saw an ad featuring him with some newspaper looking boots.

Must be just recent. He was with Nike.

I saw him in some Puma top in a video i was not paying attention to. Had just assumed it was a video of him during an Italy training camp.

Blablurn

Don't just throw info at the thesis, read a lot and form an opinion about it, then use the sources to make your point.

So it should not be "Advertising on China" but "Advertising in China lies a lot" or "has an artistic approach" or whatever idea you get from your research.

I see! Yeah, makes sense. I think I was too one dimensional so far. Thanks for help!!

Suen

Bacca is doing ok, had never seen him before but I really like him.

They are high up in the table because there is not a strong group of 4-5 teams that go for the 4-6th places. They lost their most important players but on the other side they signed a lot of solid players like Iborra, Bacca, Vitolo, Gameiro, Marin, etc.
Seems they used their money good then. It's probably hard to see it in their first season there. Second season will probably show us which players that are a step above the rest of their new signings.

Arnie

Wilbury that drink looked horrendous. Why do you bow to such social pressures.

Just seen the Milan score. Not even surprised.

Jarnet87

Not sure how to feel between: Moyes needs more time, give him another year or two to right the ship. Or: Wow 3 years of Moyes and we set this team back by years, wasn't that an awful hiring. I get the feeling were gonna be looking back in a couple years and thinking about the disaster that Moyes put us in.

Showaddy

Back from the pub. Good to see Tim Sherwood celebrating a hard earned point away to Hull. Hope enjoys 4-4-2, no holding mids & not using substitutes with his new League 2 team come September.

Congrats on 4th Liverpool.

Suen

This is very important too. You don't just want to put stuff in your thesis because it sounds good or something, there needs to be a point in having it there.

Totti's favourite victim is Parma.

Draw is the best we can hope for.
But why Totti, why :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom