• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like Chelsea have been excellent, and City (Demichelis) have chosen a really bad time to shit the bed.

MIchelle actually won the ball quite a lot for City, he's not a good football in any way of course, but it's not like he has been the reason for City sucking a bit here.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Chelsea want this more. Their transitions are faster and sharper and they are looking more powerful on the loose balls. City still have a few gears to go through but I can smell a red card coming. They've started to get ragged.

I've always said City had a shit defense, their attack just hid it very well. They're finally facing a team that knows how to defend very well.

And attack, it has been pretty easy for Chelsea to get into good positions, but the movement from Hazard/Willian/Ramires is proving to be too much for Man Shitty right now.

Kompany looks like an abused horse in defence, no good backup.

Marc

get Willian off the pitch pls Mou

Torres

I laughed. :(

Willian is so shit, and Eto'o... and Chelsea are walking it right now in spite of this. Mourinho is an amazing manager, don't agree with a lot of what he does but he gets things done.

What happened to City.... The Beast is barely in the game, being starved.

GQman2121

Banned
Should be up at least one more goal, but very, very good thus far at both ends. Not sure we can hold on up just one goal.

Wilian absolutely needs to come off. He's done next to nothing positive. In fact, he's stunting the forward movement of Hazard by giving balls away or making a terrible decision.

Hazard is worth every bit of the £180k+ he's making this week.

José Mourinho;99482393 said:
:lol, what facts? Paper chat.

Nevermind the actual fact that Benitez stated several times (before it was decided Moyes was taking over United) and I believe even SAF said they knew Mou was coming.

But let the poor folks believe what they want, especially the United cunts, it can only be more depressing for them to think they could have had Mou.

pappe

Jesus christ Mourinho's absolutely bossed this.

Jesus christ City have absolutely bottled this.

The truth lies somewhere in the middle.

City have not bottled it. Chelsea have been up for it. It can turn around pretty fast. Chelsea just have a fantastic squad now. Perfect balanced.

bjaelke

Demichelis been out of the game since he got skinned by Hazard in the built up to the goal. He just stood paralyzed at the rb position and watched the events unfold.

TeddyBoy

Chelsea destroying City, Mourinho's playing aggressive as well. Been a great game to watch so far, more goals
and a red card
please!

City need to make a change.

Get this guy on

Bfk9uSxIAAAbljt.jpg

Haha wow alright, TV just highlighted Michelle just walking around after Hazard penetrating him for the goal... Yeah, that was worse than I saw at first.

Feorax

I hope B Rod is looking at how Mourinho has set up tonight.

Whilst our fullbacks are fucked and our midfield is weak, having 6 sit back and giving 4 (ideally Studge, Sterling, Suarez and Hendo) free roam to attack on the break could well be a tactic that would work for us in the short term.

dc89

"it's hard to tell them apart--they're all wearing blue shirts!"

This... Is workable.

"Man City narrowly lose, as Fernandinho and Aguero miss the game through injury" should do. Though you will get a lot of hate, it's the best possible spin.

Don't forget Nasri.

All we need is to get 1 back early and things can change. Will be curious to see if he makes a change at HT. Wouldn't mind seeing Jovetic come on for Dzeko.

Thor is killing us just as much as Hazard.

We also scored twice.

Maybe in the moral league.

pappe

You guys are going in as if City have been completely outplayed. But remember City 2 very good opportunities where where they should have scored. To Yaya and Silva.

They are pretty much alive in this 1.

Meier

Why did Demichelis start over Rodwell, Garcia, Milner?

Rodwell didn't play well the other day -- he's recently coming back from his injury so I think he was a little concerned about that. Garcia is out injured. Milner was injured and missed the Spurs game due to it. Think he probably didn't want to risk him from the start. We'll see.

This... Is workable.

Don't forget Nasri.

Thor is killing us just as much as Hazard.

Maybe in the moral league.
Have you considered "City come back to stun Chelsea with a Negredo double"?

I mean I was kind of confident about this game from the start, but that sounds like something that might happen.

Meier

Garcia is their best player, i have no idea why he doesn't start more often.

I would say he is our best player we bought from Benfica but that's not even true.

Bigger deal if we lose 1-0 is that City have scored in 55 straight at home in the league and 61 overall. That would be a pretty big streak to end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom