• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Vidal one is true at least

Maybe Buffon>Valdes as well, though Valdes is in exceptional form. Personally don't think there's a huge gap between Neymar and Tevez either at the moment, Neymar will probably improve ten fold over the next 2 years though.

Pirlo is vastly superior to Xavi, even Pep wanted Pirlo at Barcelona

Draconian

Fucking bullshit red.

No ill intent at all.

Robben wouldn't have reached the ball anyhow.

Destroyed the game.

Penalty + red is just way too harsh for this shit.

Even tho it has been said many times already.

Change some shit Blatter and Platini, cunts.

Ill intent has never been a prerequisite for getting a red card. Scezney shouldn't have challenged Robben.

FootballFan

Thanks!
Uhhh im debating between tottenham, liverpool or real madrid? I find I enjoy those three teams the most, but like I haven't formed a deep connection with either of them yet compared to the nfl team i support. I know real madrid got that deep pocket book, but from what ive read of their history, it seems badass + that white home jersey. Same with Liverpool. I love their uniform and the kop thing / whole bond with the team that the supporters has is cool. I like the tottenham uniform as well, and they don't seem to be a giant bandwagon/glory hunter fanbase.

Liverpool man. Liverpool.

Great team, on the rise and have some of the most entertaining games.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Holy shit watching Ozils last few penos before this one, the laziest fucking strikes in history.

I just cant believe they let him take it

12641404845_41c800fc9a_o.gif

Suarez, Wilshere and Chesney #BFF

fake edit: Why the fuck didn't Chesney go for the ball with his hands? Easily reachable with a forward dive :s

Clegg

Sky Sports showing Ozil's previous penalty miss in the CL this season.

He did that wanky short run up too. You'd think he'd learn.

FootballFan

Are people seriously arguing that it wasn't a red? Robben was going to get to that and tap it in. It's a red card and a penalty. Massive injusticia if ref didn't make that call.

I thought you were a good man, FF.
You disappoint me greatly

:(

I am just making you feel like even more of an outsider now.

Everton4lyfe

pulga

Banned
Thanks!
Uhhh im debating between tottenham, liverpool or real madrid? I find I enjoy those three teams the most, but like I haven't formed a deep connection with either of them yet compared to the nfl team i support. I know real madrid got that deep pocket book, but from what ive read of their history, it seems badass + that white home jersey. Same with Liverpool. I love their uniform and the kop thing / whole bond with the team that the supporters has is cool. I like the tottenham uniform as well, and they don't seem to be a giant bandwagon/glory hunter fanbase.

lol the choice is easy, my friend

join the light side, the gentlemen's club

Danchi

A player known for being an apathetic ghost missed a penalty, a keeper prone to being stupid got himself sent off and man made of glass injured himself. Predictably predictable.

It's not a bullshit red, the referee has applied the laws of the game. The players all know the rules.

Think he's disagreeing with that particular law of the game, to be fair.

Kiraly

Thanks!

I'm not a fan of any of them, but I'd say support Real Madrid. Easily playing the most beautiful football in Spain, the most likeable players and they are always warrant for at least an entertaining match.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Sky Sports showing Ozil's previous penalty miss in the CL this season.

He did that wanky short run up too. You'd think he'd learn.

Literally the only reason I think he took it is because he "won" the penalty, we have a similar system in our fifa club and that leads to Quiche taking penalties.

Imagine...

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
0-0 -_-

I wanna go out goddammit.

Nah Asamoah is better. And Buffoon is better than Valdes. And Pogba > Busquets. And Vidal > Iniesta. And Pirlo > Xavi. And Conte > Pep + Martino. And Tevez > Neymar.

lol
buffoOn. LOOOOOOOL how old are you, really?

Asamoah is not a LB. Pogba doesn't play in the same position as Busquets. Vidal is not an attacking midfielder (and I use that term loosely with Iniesta)

but glad we agree on something finally
3AQmK.gif

Labadal

Fucking bullshit red.

No ill intent at all.

Robben wouldn't have reached the ball anyhow.

Destroyed the game.

Penalty + red is just way too harsh for this shit.

Even tho it has been said many times already.

Change some shit Blatter and Platini, cunts.

Was a red everyday of the week. Ill intent has nothing to do with it.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Thanks!

I'd go for Madrid, personally.

Massive club, world class players and well...they win stuff!

Walshy

Thanks!
Liverpool.

Come join us, friend.

FootballFan

buffoOn. LOOOOOOOL how old are you, really?

Asamoah is not a LB. Pogba doesn't play in the same position as Busquets. Vidal is not an attacking midfielder (and I use that term loosely with Iniesta)

but glad we agree on something finally
3AQmK.gif

My point is you think all those players are better than all the Barca players. I didn't even mention CBs, which of course Chiellini, Barzagli and Bonucci >>> Puyol, Pique and Masch.

Yet somehow Juve can't get out of the group stage, I just find that funny, that's all.

Marc

Thanks!

Go with Liverpool, great history, not great at the moment so not coming off as a glory hunter but they could be something special in a few years time. So you might not want to kill yourself like you would with spurs.

I wish there was an English Bilbao I could support. :(

Wilshere's biggest contribution to the match have been his reactions to both penalties.

Not according to football export Jaime Redknapp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom