• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc

You did, you just played him on the right like complete idiots so Torres could feel all warm and fuzzy. Even then he was your joint top scorer with Lampard IIRC, having been dropped by RDM when he came in.

WHats that GIF from, looks very familiar. :)

CORRECTION: Lampard was on top with 16, Sturridge joint second with Drogba on 13. Playing as a winger, and getting dropped half the season if you recall. Scored goals against the likes of Everton, LIverpool, Newcastle, Spurs from the right. Not bad.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
If Pool sure up their defense then next season they are real contenders, such positive football and they are guaranteed to keep Suarez now they have the CL locked, nowhere to go but up.

Teams next year are going to start doing what they are to United this season, playing 10 behind the ball and happy to take a point, I wonder how they will cope with that.

Fry

If Pool sure up their defense then next season they are real contenders, such positive football and they are guaranteed to keep Suarez now they have the CL locked, nowhere to go but up.

Teams next year are going to start doing what they are to United this season, playing 10 behind the ball and happy to take a point, I wonder how they will cope with that.

We dont have 4th place locked up yet. Spurs are just behind us.

Carbonox

cisse

iboFbtv3IM5UfY.gif

didamangi

If Pool sure up their defense then next season they are real contenders, such positive football and they are guaranteed to keep Suarez now they have the CL locked, nowhere to go but up..

Still have to face Chelsea, Man City, Tottenham at home, so nowhere near a locked I'm afraid.

Hixx

Teams aren't happy with a point against Man United anymore.

Can someone fill me in on the first 15 minutes? Forgot to set my alarm and overslept :(

1- Dyer's being able to get onto the end of that touch for the pass to Shelvey's goal was amateur stuff from our defenders. Someone should have been in a position to take advantage of such a heavy touch
2- How the fuck was that a free kick from the Skrtel challenge? Real shit defending though for it to make its way to the back of our net
3- Too much space in front of our defense
4- Midfield seem a little unsure of themselves

Just seen the first Studge goal. DAT STERLING

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris

I wouldnt bet a single pound on Spurs ousting you, it would take a huge collapse or severe injury blows, which isnt out of the question, but you hit form at the exact right time and Spurs are playing like shit.

Walshy

If we see this game out and get the three points, hopefully Norwich will do us a favour.

Would like to see Allen come on for Coutinho come sixty minutes, we need to control the game.

Arnie

and Spurs are playing like shit.

Yet winning. Consistently.

I've yet to see a single Spurs performance this season that's made me go 'wow, fucking hell, they're a good team'. And yet they're three points behind us. It's both astonishing and depressing in equal measure.

Sane_Man

I wouldnt bet a single pound on Spurs ousting you, it would take a huge collapse or severe injury blows, which isnt out of the question, but you hit form at the exact right time and Spurs are playing like shit.

Spurs have just hit good form. I'm certainly worried.

Marc

I'd take Coutinho off for Allen, too. We just need more solidity before the ball reaches our "defence".

Its the obvious sub but Rodgers seems to be very hesitant with subs sometimes.

You guys reaaally need a world class DM to upgrade over Lucas in general though, and with Lucas there have more competition. Dunno who you would get though as I havern't seen any rumours for anyone.

LTWheels

OptaJoe ‏@OptaJoe 4m
9 - Luis Suarez now has the joint-most goal assists in the Premier League as well as being top scorer. Phenomenon.

Fry

OptaJoe ‏@OptaJoe 4m
9 - Luis Suarez now has the joint-most goal assists in the Premier League as well as being top scorer. Phenomenon.

We have the 2 top scorers AND 2 top assisters.

Give us Thiago Silva and Xabi Alonso and we'll win the league.

Splatt

Yet winning. Consistently.

I've yet to see a single Spurs performance this season that's made me go 'wow, fucking hell, they're a good team'. And yet they're three points behind us. It's both astonishing and depressing in equal measure.

I'd argue that last week performance against Newcastle was just that, but Newcastle without Kebab are like a Messi post without a picture of Olivia.

tri_willy

we need to be able to start winning games whilst keeping a clean sheet. had that chance against arsenal until sifu gerrard fucked up.

OMG PELANTY HOW!?

Marc

Potentially good news for Pool with Shelvey having to go off injured.

No wait, Skrtel gives a pen... fucking hell. What an absolute bell end. TAKE HIM OFF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom