• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about Usho but to me it's dour defensive shit and it's actually criminal how close they are to us in the league. You can guarantee we would be battering Norwich 2-2 at HT.

:D

I'd be happy for Rodgers to break the bank just getting a solid CB, LB and DM. Some fans would probably whinge about not spending money on attackers, but fuck them. They'd change their tune when we start winning 3-0 instead of 3-2 :p

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
15 minutes in..still 0-0. what the hell is pep doing. Neuer is probably striker.

Neuer is on the bench! Weird..

And your worst players seemingly were your central defenders, who were not.

There is a real case for immigrants out to be made here
Zioey3m.png

ahahahahahahahaha

Scum

Has 'last minute Adebayor thundercunt' written all over it. Norwich wasting their good positions, can't see them scoring at all. They and Liverpool would take a draw in this match though :p

I bloody well hope so. But I can't be arsed with this. Going to soak in the bath and cook some rice & mince.

Feorax

I'd be happy for Rodgers to break the bank just getting a solid CB, LB and DM. Some fans would probably whinge about not spending money on attackers, but fuck them. They'd change their tune when we start winning 3-0 instead of 3-2 :p

I still want at least one attacker to be fair, we need at least one option from the bench to change a game.

Defence is a priority though. Need 3 new first team defenders and a box to box midfielder that is half decent at holding.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Europa is a decent excuse. That competition really does ruin a teams season.

Especially when you have as many injuries as us. We've only been able to make 4 changes from Thursday which is nowhere near enough. We lost a player to injury 15 minutes in today, they all look laboured.

Wilbur

Banned
It was in a European context.

There I believe that Arsenal have shown fight and spirit and I'm a little bit astounded at the general view around here that Liverpool could have done better than us against the likes of Barcelona and Bayern.

The problem is with Arsenal, is that you haven't gone through in any of these rounds. Was it 2008/09 we beat you in the semi finals? Or the year before? That's the last time you got past the round of sixteen off the top of my head (might be wrong).

But showing fight when you lose games you probably aren't the favourites for, and then mentally collapsing when you should wrap things up is just an Arsenal thing. Look how you played at Dortmund this year, brilliant. And then you fucking fudge it all up in Naples and you're paying the price for it now.

I wouldn't argue there's been a lack of fight, or that Liverpool would have done better. But look at how Chelsea's spirit, not their quality, won them a Champions League. Arsenal don't have that spirit.

Arnie

I can assure you that dour defensive shit is not Sherwood's speciality. No surprise that this performance comes after the first Europa game of his tenure.

I do agree that it's probably a combination of the Europa League and having a shit coach with an unspectacular squad.

ShogunX

Well we still have Sakho, Lucas and Enrique to all come back so it makes it hard to justify big money signings in those positions. I would prefer we sign a top quality RB to replace Johnson and LW so that we can keep Coutinho central as well as never having to see Moses play again.

ShogunX

I still think it's a bloody good competition but yeah, it does take it's toll.

It is a decent competition but the problem is that is so very obviously second to the Champions League. In terms of revenue, prize money, schedule, fatigue and playing on a Sunday it really does fail to justify a team going all out to win it.

It's great as a fan to see your team win it but these days it comes at a cost domestically. Maybe the Champions League place for the winner will help boost it's reputation.

Well we still have Sakho, Lucas and Enrique to all come back so it makes it hard to justify big money signings in those positions. I would prefer we sign a top quality RB to replace Johnson and LW so that we can keep Coutinho central as well as never having to see Moses play again.

I very much doubt we'll be seeing Moses in red again after the middle of May :p

Not a big fan of Enrique, and Lucas needs to get some fitness back, let alone the ability he showed before his first big injury

If we don't sell Johnson, I'm happy enough with Flanagan and Johnson as our RB options, with McClaughlin/Kelly/Wisdom to come in if needed.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. HOLD ON.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
BAYEEEERN

this is the sound of betting sites going broke

(or it could be the sound of hiroshawn headbutting his TV)

Fry

are Tottenham out of top 4 if they lose this game? only 6 pts but I can see sherwoods honeymoon period ending soon. they look dire

We play them at home. We beat them 5-1 at their turf. We are good at home.

If they come at Anfield and it's a 6 point gap, they're pretty much out if they lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom