• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scum

On my break. Seems like I missed a good game.

This'll surprise no one, but I fully agree that arsenal are mentally pussies. That loss to Birmingham was no gulf in quality (on their side at least); it was due to a complete failure in their self belief. It's why they've not won anything in nine years; you cannot call that a gulf in quality when Portsmouth, Swansea and Wigan have all won cups in that time frame.

Weekend work, Wilbz? :-/

Semantics. He deserved better management and a better team around him to win that PL title. Simple as that.

Some players take the easy road. Develop their worth at a club and then move on and claim their boyhood dreams needed to be fulfilled - RVP - ahem.

Gerrard could have done that he did not. I'd love Liverpool to scrap a PL win for that act alone.

Some people still hold his transfer request against him. I, on the other hand, love him for changing his mind. He basically sacrificed personal achievement for romanticism, and the good of his boyhood club (and potentially threats from gangsters :p)

It was like saying 'I'd rather have the slight chance of winning one league with Liverpool, than definitely winning one or more with Chelsea'

At this stage I'd even be a bit disappointed if he moved to the A-League or somewhere in 3 years, would like him to retire having only played for us and England.

Man Utd fans will probably look at this as evidence of our attitude as a club, but trophies aren't the only things that matter

Suen

Serie A-GAF, Inter drew with Cagliari? :lol Well that means another opportunity of coming one step closer to EL for Parma. We just need to win against Fiore tomorrow, have the blessings of all football kings in our re-match against Roma and keep winning the rest of our games while Verona and Inter hopefully keep dropping points. I can already see the path of victory next season:

Win EL qualifications -> Win EL and get CL spot -> Be in CL

#DonadoniBelieve

RVW is terrible.

As are Spurs.

As is this match.
The real game is tomorrow.

#PrayForParma

GOALS

Madrid 71
Liverpool 70
Barcelona 70
Man City 69
PSG 62
Bayern Munich 57

Think about that for a minute....

Results of the thoughts you asked for:

'Our defense is fucking shit at the basic job of keeping the ball out of our net'

We need better personnel and a better coach. They are not a unit.

Wilbur

Banned
Weekend work, Wilbz? :-/

People gotta eat chicken on Sundays!

Some people still hold his transfer request against him. I, on the other hand, love him for changing his mind. He basically sacrificed personal achievement for romanticism, and the good of his boyhood club (and potentially threats from gangsters :p)

It was like saying 'I'd rather have the slight chance of winning one league with Liverpool, than definitely winning one or more with Chelsea'

At this stage I'd even be a bit disappointed if he moved to the A-League or somewhere in 3 years, would like him to retire having only played for us and England.

Man Utd fans will probably look at this as evidence of our attitude as a club, but trophies aren't the only things that matter

Nah, with Gerrard it's different. Liverpool were miles away from winning the league when it looked like he was gonna go Chelsea. Rooney wanted to move while we were still challenging, once when we lost the title on goal difference or a point to Chelsea and then won that season, and once when we were champions.

I admire Gerrard an awful lot. Don't think he "deserves" a title, because he's chosen to be part of that Liverpool side, but I wouldn't begrudge him winning one.

Just the rest of your cunt club.

Evidence for what attitude?

Salvadora

This'll surprise no one, but I fully agree that arsenal are mentally pussies. That loss to Birmingham was no gulf in quality (on their side at least); it was due to a complete failure in their self belief. It's why they've not won anything in nine years; you cannot call that a gulf in quality when Portsmouth, Swansea and Wigan have all won cups in that time frame.
This hasn't been the argument though.

Arsenal fans would be the first to acknowledge mental deficiencies as a major problem in the last decade.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
XI: Buffon, Barzagli, Bonucci, Caceres, Lichtsteiner, Vidal, Pirlo, Pogba, Asamoah, Llorente, Tevez

Caceres is on the left Zabo! :D

Marc

Well, yes, because I was accused of having a "just enough" attitude, which I don't.

I want to win every competition Arsenal competes in. And I've been very vocally critical of the problems the club has faced in the last decade.

Fair enough, would you concede it is apt for most Arsenal fans though? Considering how little pressure he is under, even at Liverpool where they stick by a manager they fully know the pressure there is to succeed. It's all Rodgers has talked about since getting there, he knows. By comparison Wenger talks about doing his best, having respect and all that jazz.

I hope you get past Bayern btw, I just don't have confidence in your manager or the teams attitude to do it.

Which group for the euros did Chile end up in?

post-15337-Christian-Bale-confused-gif-Hje6.gif

Groups are pointless anyway it seems, we should qualify every time now no matter how shit our FA/management act. Less pressure on them to fuck off now. :(

Wilbur

Banned
This hasn't been the argument though.

Arsenal fans would be the first to acknowledge mental deficiencies as a major problem in the last decade.

What's the argument? I thought it was Viva calling you pussies in comparison to Liverpool. I'd agree with that too; part of Chelsea and United's recent success has been their fight and spirit in comparison to Arsenal's.

Like, imagine Arsenal were in the situation City were, last day of the season, three minutes left and two goals to score. I don't think they'd do it.

Fair enough, would you concede it is apt for most Arsenal fans though? Considering how little pressure he is under, even at Liverpool where they stick by a manager they fully know the pressure there is to succeed. It's all Rodgers has talked about since getting there, he knows. By comparison Wenger talks about doing his best, having respect and all that jazz.

I hope you get past Bayern btw, I just don't have confidence in your manager or the teams attitude to do it.

Arsenal fans' are sound when it comes to how they support their club. Put a lot of pressure on the club in past years.

The main criticism you can make is that they get carried away.

Wouldn't say the fans have a just enough attitude at all. Not sure why you've got that impression, they demand a lot, and so they should.

And FTR Rodgers said it would take 3 years to get back into the CL.

Zabojnik

Suen, Parma has one job left this season. ONE JOB.

Hasn't it just been the last month?

Yeah, maaaybe, dunno, feels longer. Not that he's been terrible or anything and it's our whole squad that's been going through a rough-ish patch, but still. He can and must do more. We need his price to stay at 70M€, after all.

Wilbur

Banned
Bollocks to this. Sorry, Wes. We can't do the job for you. Finish fourth, Liverpool.

You're not on 7days a week, are you? D:

No! Work usually all day Sunday, and Monday/Tuesday nights, sometimes Wednesday if they need cover. It's bearable haha.

subtles

Rodgers says he's been encouraging Henderson to get forward, as the his finishing in training is excellent. Praises his persistence.

Batigol

Banned
On my break. Seems like I missed a good game.

They really are.

They bottled it against Birmingham in two high profile games. And we're fucking shite

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Typical post-Europa first half. Too many players tired and half fit, we need to get Eriksen on for Paulinho.

Batigol

Banned
That first half of Norwich/Spurs is worse than the Villa/Stoke from a few years ago

And that was the worst game in the history of the EPL. Ever

Scum

No! Work usually all day Sunday, and Monday/Tuesday nights, sometimes Wednesday if they need cover. It's bearable haha.

Doesn't seem to bad then. :p

If Usho thinks our brand of football can't make Champions League I can't wait to hear what he thinks about Spurs'.

Arnie, pls. England already adopt our style of play. Liverpool style -> Champions' League, Tottingham style -> European Championships.

arkon

Woah, new Farscape? Aren't they all fat now?

Hmmm... not sure if want.

Don't know. Haven't seen recent images of Browder and co. I'm sure they could get in shape if the need arose.

Wouldn't even mind seeing them with a bit of excess weight and signs of aging especially if they're picking things up years later as the plot summary suggests.

LegoArmo

PlayStation 4 adverts are so cringe worthy. "next gen rebels". I'm hoping there's not some teenagers somewhere thinking "that's me!".

Typical post-Europa first half. Too many players tired and half fit, we need to get Eriksen on for Paulinho.

Has 'last minute Adebayor thundercunt' written all over it. Norwich wasting their good positions, can't see them scoring at all. They and Liverpool would take a draw in this match though :p

ShogunX

If Usho thinks our brand of football can't make Champions League I can't wait to hear what he thinks about Spurs'.

I don't know about Usho but to me it's dour defensive shit and it's actually criminal how close they are to us in the league. You can guarantee we would be battering Norwich 2-2 at HT.

Salvadora

What's the argument? I thought it was Viva calling you pussies in comparison to Liverpool. I'd agree with that too; part of Chelsea and United's recent success has been their fight and spirit in comparison to Arsenal's.

Like, imagine Arsenal were in the situation City were, last day of the season, three minutes left and two goals to score. I don't think they'd do it.
It was in a European context.

There I believe that Arsenal have shown fight and spirit and I'm a little bit astounded at the general view around here that Liverpool could have done better than us against the likes of Barcelona and Bayern.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I don't know about Usho but to me it's dour defensive shit and it's actually criminal how close they are to us in the league. You can guarantee we would be battering Norwich 2-2 at HT.

I can assure you that dour defensive shit is not Sherwood's speciality. No surprise that this performance comes after the first Europa game of his tenure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom