• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc

Evra with another cross straight into the keeper to sum up the match.

Half time team talk....

Moyes: "We're doing the right things, we just need to cross the ball into the box more often and quicker. We have more passes than them which proves we are dominating this game.

C'mon lads! PASSION!!!

And Shinji! Go get warmed up.... you look a bit nippy."

pulga

Banned
BhWML-_IgAEwv3Q.jpg

hahahahahhaha

hahaahahahahahhaha

oh wow

can you be any douchier?

Scum

Imagine if Utd were up against R. Madrid or Bayern tonight? :c

Hitch, check out the thread in OT for the Gotham pilot. Ruh oh...

TeddyBoy

Has Townsend always been this biased towards English teams?

He's a terrible commentator, I can't wait until BT Sports get all the Champions league matchs so I don't have to listen to him anymore.

United have looked really poor today, no creativity or consistent goal scoring threat. 1-0 isn't a bad away result if it stays like this however.

Clegg

It's like Moyes tactics involves probing and waiting for a mistake. Now this is what most teams fo, but they also make concerted efforts to attackg, we don't.

These deflected goals are down to our poor possession play and the constant backing off. Players deserve some blame for that, but at the of the day it's the coaching staff who new to take flack for this. What the fuck are they making the players do during training?

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Moyes really should be sacked. It'll be hasty but it's necessary. The only way to truly move on from Fergie's era is with a new manager and not some inept buddy of his who got the job because Fergie said so. At one point, you have to remember how big of a club you are. Yes Fergie helped build it but it no longer belongs to him. Hire a real world-class manager, play with real tactics.

Jarnet87

David Moyes is such a clueluess and spineless soul. 3/4 of our starting back line are mentally and physically past it yet Moyes throws them out there week in and week out. Fucking Carrick is basically playing CB right now may as well just slot him in there.

Leg-End

I think Moyes is genuinely mental, he has to be in order to continue playing the same way with the same players and expecting different outcomes.

We actually looked like we were making a breakthrough at the weekend and then Moyes tosses it all away the next game.

ShogunX

A shit miss hit long range shot that was never going in that was shot into a crowd of players that a player flicks their leg out at and deflect it, isn't the definition of bad luck? LOL

First and foremost it's bad defending. You cant allow players that much time and space to have a shot at goal at any level. It's about time the bad luck excuse was fucked off sharpish and both Moyes and the team started to take a bit of responsibility.

It reminds me of when us Liverpool fans cursed our luck week in week out when we hit the post five times a game. In reality it was just shit finishing.

dc89

Moyes really should be sacked. It'll be hasty but it's necessary. The only way to truly move on from Fergie's era is with a new manager and not some inept buddy with of his who got the job because Fergie said so. At one point, you have to remember how big of a club you are. Yes Fergie helped build it but it no longer belongs to him. Hire a real world-class manager, play with real tactics.

Imagine if City got Pep (as planned)
Imagine if United got Mourinho (as he wanted)

Imagine. Imagine.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I am forever amazed how little passion there is, how little players seem to care, never do we shut Down, pressure or harass opponents. This team is fucking spineless

Messi

Oh look another bullshit piece of bad luck, haven't seen any of those this season against Manchester United.....

tumblr_m7mojr3ZKX1ryusq6o1_500.gif

I come here when United are losing just to see you post. I used to come when they won but you never showed up so I don't bother anymore.

Into

I don't even think half time helps this United team. Before I would have had faith for the second half, but what the fuck is Moyes going to say to them? Must sound like a broken record at this point.

C'moan ye boggin' fucks. How come ur we losing tae this crappy gang? step it th' bugger up, a'm waantin' mair effort 'n' mair importantly a'm waantin' mair goddamn crosses! a'm waantin' mair crosses than thare ur in th' left footer kirk goddamnit!

Clegg

Olympiakos have been average tbh. We're making them look good just like we've made so many others look good this season.

Take Cleverley off. I don't think he's made one positive contribution all game.

pappe

I am forever amazed how little passion there is, how little players seem to care, never do we shut Down, pressure or harass opponents. This team is fucking spineless

Their mentality is just so negative. They are fraid of moving out of line and then providing space behind them.

Slizz

C'moan ye boggin' fucks. How come ur we losing tae this crappy gang? step it th' bugger up, a'm waantin' mair effort 'n' mair importantly a'm waantin' mair goddamn crosses! a'm waantin' mair crosses than thare ur in th' left footer kirk goddamnit!
Lollll

Romez

This is all down to Moyes shit mentality.

Never won a trophy.

Never won away at a big team.

Last season we came from behind all the time. Commentator said we've only won 3 out of 16 (?) games when we've went behind.

People moaning about lucky deflected goals. When you sit back and stand of the opposition that's what happens.

Eugh, sounds awful. I thought they'd introduce one villain a week and then turn it into an ensemble piece when they were all introduced like 10 episodes in.

Sounds like it basically gives yoy a universe filled with shallow characters as they're all introduced in 1 hour, and future episodes will suffer even more for it as there'll be a complete lack of intrigue.

Remember how cool it was at the end of Batman Begins, when Gordon shows Batman the Joker card? And it made you wonder what Nolan's Joker will be like, what the story will be, how will Batman deal with this complete maniac who is unknown to him.

How are we going to get any of that when we have every character's personality and motivations shoved in our face from the outset?

Hixx

ALFRED: Oi! Master Bruce! Stop playing silly buggers! Get your bloody arse down off there!

0338_nlmv.gif

im out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom