• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack cw

1920962_855506137799412_1244017722_o.jpg
And Yurt banned because of saying cunt?
tumblr_mi1mtbOJqE1rqfhi2o1_250.gif

GorillaJu

This is embarrassing and I'm not sure I want to say it, but my brother sometimes browses this site and told other members of my family :lol.
Specifically that I had made a thread that had garnered a lot of views. Now my mum keeps calling me a "dark horse" and says no one knows what I'm up to, and she's told her friends that I'm some sort of a blogger :loooool. They keep coming up to me and commending me for my 'achievement' and asking me if I'll blog craft fairs and all.

Holy fuck :lol

Salazar

Rafael can throw his bottom lip out all he wants once we're 4-0 up in 20 minutes

Not happening. Arsenal have the patent on that kind of gutlessness.

You should do it, Salva. I've done articles on similar fairs. I had to get the chainsaw sculptor to put his cigarette out in order to be photographed, and he was clearly thinking about knocking me out. Kind of man for whom each cigarette really counts.

Aye, and we did rest our star wingers against WBA.

I still inwardly chuckle when I think of Moyes' comments along the lines of 'we didn't see this coming' after the Olympiakos game. Everyone knew that such a defeat had become a strong possibility when they saw the lineup he'd chosen. It was like Pellegrini having 4 different Demichelis' on the same team

subtles

That goal Rafael scored against us.

To this day I vehemently deny the reality of what happened.

We need vengeance.

This needs to be a massacre.

sohois

I dunno, I saw your match against Olympiakos :p

(Still think you'll go through if you score first, and reasonaby early)

Aren't these Greek teams always massive homers? Maybe I'm getting mixed up with Turkey, but I certainly think Utd have a good chance to go through. Might have to rely on extra time or penalties though.

edit: And looking at the results from the first legs, I would say the Olympiakos-ManU game is really the only tie that could actually go either way. Every other match looks already decided. They'll be a shock result somewhere, no doubt, but I really can't see where.

Blablurn

Hoeneß shits on Betting GAF.

He won 33.537.614€. Evaded a tax pay of 3.545.939€. And he evaded another 5.5m for something else.

Damn. Doesn't look good.

Salvadora

edit: And looking at the results from the first legs, I would say the Olympiakos-ManU game is really the only tie that could actually go either way. Every other match looks already decided. They'll be a shock result somewhere, no doubt, but I really can't see where.
Arsenal-Bayern is another one of those.

Blablurn

If his self-denunciation was without knowledge of the investigation (and that should be difficult to disprove) and in good faith he might still get off.

Let's hope so. People might not understand that view but as a Bayern fan I cannot root against him. He did too much for this club.

Blablurn

Have you seen the graph at the SPON live blog? It's like we have grown exponentially the past ten years. Whatever happens, he'll go down as the greatest football manager of all time.

yep. a scum team like liverpool will never have that much success with their football managers. #FreeHoeneß

Jack cw

I fear the game will be tough. Wolfsburg (and Arsenal in the first leg) showed how you can put pressure on us. If they manage to score and keep their cool, unlike Wolfsburg, they could beat us. I hope Ribery is in better form on Tuesday.

You can basically put any posession playing team under preassure with manmarking and high pressing. Inter and Chelsea did that with Barca in their prime. Its the cost of this system. But on the other hand its impossible to play this for more than 60 minutes. Bayern is motivated and they defend as a team when under pressure and Neuer is in beast mode. I think if we manage to hold a 0-0 for 15, 20 minutes, then we are good to go. This was our weakness last year too. Look at Dortmund, wo played this in the final against us or Stuttgart in the DFB cup final.

Jack cw

Hoeneß shits on Betting GAF.

He won 33.537.614€. Evaded a tax pay of 3.545.939€. And he evaded another 5.5m for something else.

Damn. Doesn't look good.

Hahaha, unless he finds someone who takes all the blame for this on his account, then it looks like at least 10 years in jail :D

Jack cw

Bild.de has the complete Anlageschrift.

#PrayForUli
I just listened to it in the livestream. Thats way more than anybody suspected...
The only problem he might have is if his self-denunciation is incomplete and/or was done with knowledge of the investigation. The former seems likely though.
Depends on how his lawyers are justifiying it, but the odds for going into jail are basically 100%

Blablurn

His account features over 50.000 transactions. He did a shit load of speculating.
But he also paid 50m taxes throughout the last years. And gave away 5m for charity.

It seems like it was more like an addiction.

Jack cw

His account features over 50.000 transactions. He did a shit load of speculating.
But he also paid 50m taxes throughout the last years. And gave away 5m for charity.

It seems like it was more like an addiction.

Doesnt really make it better. Strictly said, rules and law are valid on anyone. He evaded 3,5 million EUR which is a huge amount of money and by all love to Bayern and his work and his person, that is in fact a crime.

"It is stupid because at one point, it all comes out. It doesn't make sense to go to prison just to save a few Mark taxes."

"At this point, I don't care whether I pay a 20, 50 or 100% tax. I care about the normal people."

Uli Hoeneß, 2002

Fuck off to prison pls

tri_willy

That goal Rafael scored against us.

To this day I vehemently deny the reality of what happened.

We need vengeance.

This needs to be a massacre.

i too share these sentiments... i hope liverpool are out for blood and vengeance! no more time for complacency

Salvadora

You're on the wrong account, wedward/Barzul/Baki
sohois, you come across as an individual who has been formally trained as a statistician or has a keen interest in that area.

Would I be correct in saying that there is a strong correlation with Arsenal losing 2-0 at home to Bayern Munich and coming back in the second leg?

Fuck my team.

Play at home, score in the first 10 minutes, get back to 6th spot (5th gets us in Europa League)...

Take out a mid-def for a LB (IIRC) in the last ten minutes... lose 1-2.

Why do I even bother ?

sohois

sohois, you come across as an individual who has been formally trained as a statistician or has a keen interest in that area.

Would I be correct in saying that there is a strong correlation with Arsenal losing 2-0 at home to Bayern Munich and coming back in the second leg?

Almost certainly no. You would not have any kind of sample size to calculate such a correlation.

Of course looking at the matches from any kind of statistical or probabilistic standpoint one would have to conclude that pretty much every CL tie is still fairly balanced sans RM-Schalke, even Leverkusen-PSG would probably have a not insignificant percentage of a reverse.

But commenting like that would just lead one to post rather meek inconclusive statements all the time and isn't really conducive to any kind of discussion.

Blablurn

"It is stupid because at one point, it all comes out. It doesn't make sense to go to prison just to save a few Mark taxes."

"At this point, I don't care whether I pay a 20, 50 or 100% tax. I care about the normal people."

Uli Hoeneß, 2002

Fuck off to prison pls

good old hatin' milch!

Toni Kroos on his future: 'No decision has been made. It is no secret that the Premier League is a possibility for me'.

He really wants that bumper contract extension eh?

Jack cw

Toni Kroos on his future: 'No decision has been made. It is no secret that the Premier League is a possibility for me'.

He really wants that bumper contract extension eh?

I guess so. He and Götze share the same agent, so he knows what Götzes wages are (around 10 million). Kroos right now is around 4 million and Bayern wont offer more than around 8, but in the end they will both agree on 9 million plus some bonuses like essential player for the team or sometime in the future captain, etc. And the management of Kroos wants something of that huge cake too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom