• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesalr

"dunno, what d'ya mean?"
/​
yPWP2kr.png

Please no. I have nightmares about Sherwoody's bottom lip =[

Feorax

Next 3 games are Arsenal, Southampton, then us at Anfield.

His bottom lip is going to be longer than the imaginary motorway he was driving on at the weekend by the end of March.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

Eh, I thought he was right to say what he did. We all know he won't be the manager in June so he may as well be honest. If the players don't come to their senses and start working hard then this could end up being an embarrassing season. If the players have any balls at all then they will be dying to play Benfica and Arsenal and show some spirit. Any of the players who aren't seething with rage after the last game, will never make it in the PL.

Next 3 games are Arsenal, Southampton, then us at Anfield.

His bottom lip is going to be longer than the imaginary motorway he was driving on at the weekend by the end of March.

Eh, our performance against Chelsea was very good until the first goal. We had so many injuries and Sherwood came up with some good tactics, Hazard had one chance in the game and was otherwise completely nullified by Kyle Naughton of all people. At Anfield he will set-up the same way, perhaps not with the same personnel but with the intention of containing and breaking quickly. Vertonghen made a terrible mistake at Chelsea but the referee took the game away from us just like against City. We probably still would have lost but it wouldn't have gone the way it did with eleven men on the pitch. I saw enough in the first hour to feel like the players are not a million miles away from of getting something in those upcoming games.

Personally I'm now more interested in winning the Europa League than qualifying for the CL, this squad is not ready for that.

jesalr

Eh, I thought he was right to say what he did. We all know he won't be the manager in June so he may as well be honest. If the players don't come to their senses and start working hard then this could end up being an embarrassing season. If the players have any balls at all then they will be dying to play Benfica and Arsenal and show some spirit. Any of the players who aren't seething with rage after the last game, will never make it in the PL.

Eh, our performance against Chelsea was very good until the first goal. We had so many injuries and Sherwood came up with some good tactics, Hazard had one chance in the game and was otherwise completely nullified by Kyle Naughton of all people. At Anfield he will set-up the same way, perhaps not with the same personnel but with the intention of containing and breaking quickly. Vertonghen made a terrible mistake at Chelsea but the referee took the game away from us just like against City. We probably still would have lost but it wouldn't have gone the way it did with eleven men on the pitch. I saw enough in the first hour to feel like the players are not a million miles away from of getting something in those upcoming games.

Personally I'm now more interested in winning the Europa League than qualifying for the CL, this squad is not ready for that.

I'm not saying the players don't deserve to hear it, but that it was so hard to watch.

Blablurn

Still sad, how this ends with him... But I guess its just Karma.
God, I fear the shitstorm of bullshit paroles at Bayern from stupid people...

well, there were always shitstorms against our players. but look it from the bright side. half of them dont understand what the crowd is evening saying lol.

Feorax

Guess who's currently paying Rooney-like wages to a player whilst not in the CL?

Yeah, but paying one player that was crazy enough as it is. Mad to think two players alone could be being payed around half a million a week.

Done deal holmes.

Is there a link? Not saying I don't believe you, but this story has been doing the rounds for a while without a great deal of substance, and I haven't seen anything new pop up today.

subtles

Somebody get Zlatan away from Twitter. I don't even follow him and he's all over my timeline with unintelligible nonesense.

Blablurn

It's a brilliant strategy, make something so dumb people will share it as a "look how bad this is". What has reached a new low is people eating this stuff raw. Sometimes that might have happened by accident but this seems produced just for that.

yeah, the guys definitely deserve the respect for getting the "zeitgeist". it's the crowd that loves it worries me though.

L1NETT

Had to take an acid bath after hearing that Selfie song. Cheers Bla ;-)

--

Oh and UK peoples, apparently HMV are clearing out all pre owned stock (games) so head down to your local, might be some right deals on PS4/Xb1 and such.

#laliga

This is embarrassing and I'm not sure I want to say it, but my brother sometimes browses this site and told other members of my family :lol.
Specifically that I had made a thread that had garnered a lot of views. Now my mum keeps calling me a "dark horse" and says no one knows what I'm up to, and she's told her friends that I'm some sort of a blogger :loooool. They keep coming up to me and commending me for my 'achievement' and asking me if I'll blog craft fairs and all.

lol

n0n44m

Strootman tore his ACL :(

I'm just going to pretend we didn't even qualify for the World Cup now ... fuck we'll get slaughtered

United's wage/turnover ratio is still very very comfortable. Plus Ferdinand, Vidic and Evra will all be going in the summer which will free up £400k+/week in wages.

Not that I think we will sign Kroos - but the club, if it wishes, can really push the boat out in terms of wages.

Clegg

United's wage/turnover ratio is still very very comfortable. Plus Ferdinand, Vidic and Evra will all be going in the summer which will free up £400k+/week in wages.

Not that I think we will sign Kroos - but the club, if it wishes, can really push the boat out in terms of wages.
Would those three really be on that much?

They're senior players and would be on a lot but 400k seems a lot even for them.

If there's any credence to the Cavani rumours then it would mean RVP is out the door come summer.
I reckon the biggest problem with selling RVP would be finding a buyer. Who outside of England would want him and be willing to match his salary? I can only see it being Barca or Madrid. Can't see that Barca could afford him and I don't think Madrid would even want him.

Would those three really be on that much?

They're senior players and would be on a lot but 400k seems a lot even for them.
They're all on £100k+. Vidic and Rio closer to £150k. Possible Ferdinand negotiated his contract down with clauses when he signed his last one year extension but wouldn't have been by much.

But Vidic and Evra both signed their last contracts when they were at the very best. Vidic is paid a hell of a lot and it even took the captaincy to get him to stay.

Zabojnik

Strootman tore his ACL :(

I'm just going to pretend we didn't even qualify for the World Cup now ... fuck we'll get slaughtered

Fuck. :((( I wouldn't wish an ACL injury on my worst enemy. I imagine Garcia & his stuff must be catching a lot of flak right now, since they let him get back on the field yesterday after he went down for the first time.

Someone ban Viva, pls.

Salvadora

I reckon the biggest problem with selling RVP would be finding a buyer. Who outside of England would want him and be willing to match his salary? I can only see it being Barca or Madrid. Can't see that Barca could afford him and I don't think Madrid would even want him.

If he seriously wants out, I could see him making some wage sacrifices to make it so.

But even at that, I don't think he will have a problem finding somewhere. Europe is coming down with plastic clubs with more money than sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom