• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

They're all on £100k+. Vidic and Rio closer to £150k. Possible Ferdinand negotiated his contract down with clauses when he signed his last one year extension but wouldn't have been by much.

But Vidic and Evra both signed their last contracts when they were at the very best. Vidic is paid a hell of a lot and it even took the captaincy to get him to stay.
Hmmm alright then. Looks like we have a lot of money to work with.

Also a lot of pressure on Moyes to get it right.

If he seriously wants out, I could see him making some wage sacrifices to make it so.

But even at that, I don't think he will have a problem finding somewhere. Europe is coming down with plastic clubs with more money than sense.
True but I can't see him going to a club which isn't well established, or to Russia/France.

But I don't think him leaving will come down to him wanting to go. No doubt it is already on his mind but I don't imagine he'll be sold unless the club willingly agree to it. Which I guess depends on getting a replacement.

Zabojnik

Wonder if they're going to put on a fourth star now.
adrianonandoswfr16.png

shakira-rihanna-video-sexy7.gif

Clegg

I reckon that this month and the next are when clubs will start finalising their definite targets for the summer. Some have probably done it even earlier than that.

The World Cup makes things interesting though. Do you get them before thw tournament or after? And will there be a player so good during the WC that makes you forget about your plans?

Hixx

We will sign about 10 players again this summer because five+ are out of contract and we have 4 loans. If we go down... maybe 20.
e5YuU.gif

Salvadora

True but I can't see him going to a club which isn't well established, or to Russia/France.

But I don't think him leaving will come down to him wanting to go. No doubt it is already on his mind but I don't imagine he'll be sold unless the club willingly agree to it. Which I guess depends on getting a replacement.

Don't think you're wrong, but with him hitting 31 this August he might not have any options.

Can't see you selling him anyway. You'd have to be mad to sell one of the best strikers in the world (or Arsenal).

SkylineRKR

Strootman tore his ACL :(

I'm just going to pretend we didn't even qualify for the World Cup now ... fuck we'll get slaughtered

We would get slaughtered anyway. Our defense is a joke,and our midfield is too weak anyhow. Spain is outright better, Chile has made more progress and looks solid. Australia is a tough team we hardly ever managed to beat. Todays football is alot about physical power too, what I see in guys like De Vrij et al does not fit this bill. Our whole philosophy needs to shake up.

We only have Robben and RVP and I've yet to see RVP deliver in the orange jersey. Its pathetic.

Hixx

You using VPN or some shit?

Hook a horse up.

FlyVPN free trial.

Boot it up, log into a US server, reboot Origin to start pre-load. Once it's already starting downloading, quit the VPN so your download runs at a not-shit speed.

At 3pm today, boot up FlyVPN again, connect to a Korean server, reboot Origin, boot game, close VPN, voila. As long as you don't reboot Origin from then on you will not need to use a VPN again.

FlyVPN free trial.

Boot it up, log into a US server, reboot Origin to start pre-load. Once it's already starting downloading, quit the VPN so your download runs at a not-shit speed.

At 3pm today, boot up FlyVPN again, connect to a Korean server, reboot Origin, boot game, close VPN, voila. As long as you don't reboot Origin from then on you will not need to use a VPN again.

So I'd need to keep my PC on and Origin open so that I don't have to re-do the VPN shit?

L1NETT

Titanfall reviews are gonna be right weird. How can you review a game when (i assume) the reviewers didn't play what the consumer played (they'll be in some EA bunker with the servers next to the them). Also hard to grasp the longevity/replay-ability of a MP only game when you play it for such little time.

Same issue with the BF4 but multiplied.

Wish they all left it say, a month into when the game is out and then give their reviews for MP only titles.

Obv their language is based on the way they say Squirtle, which parts of the word they say, how many times, etc.

Offficer Jenny is well versed in this and that's how she knows.

subtles

Titanfall reviews are gonna be right weird. How can you review a game when (i assume) the reviewers didn't play what the consumer played (they'll be in some EA bunker with the servers next to the them). Also hard to grasp the longevity/replay-ability of a MP only game when you play it for such little time.

Same issue with the BF4 but multiplied.

Wish they all left it say, a month into when the game is out and then give their reviews for MP only titles.

The number one issue with later reviews is that people who will get the title are usually less interested after they had the game in their hands for a while.

The people who are undecided will probably have made their decision or moved on by then.

I can see how both parties would be hesitant from a sales/hits point of view.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Standard:

Sherwood was due to have a meeting today with chairman Daniel Levy — it is thought the pair have been in regular contact throughout Sherwood’s tenure — at which the 45-year-old was expected to hear a favourable report of his work. It is thought the results he has achieved since taking the job — eight wins from 13 League games and qualification for the last 16 of the Europa League — have largely been well received.

Tottenham stress they have not approached any other manager since Sherwood took the job and have emphasised that the club’s former development coach holds a contract until the end of next season. Sherwood is, however, expected to be reminded of the need for tact when speaking publicly, following his explosive post-match interview after Saturday’s 4-0 defeat at Chelsea.

While Tottenham accept Sherwood is a forthright character and acknowledge his desire to speak openly, it is likely to be suggested to him that he might be wiser to keep criticism of his squad within the walls of the dressing room.

We're appealing the red card for Kaboul as well. I don't think it will be successful though, they aren't going to overturn two red cards for us after the Rose one, it would make the refs look incompetent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom