• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb

Banned
how much of this Bayern whining about Arsenal's shitty attitude is really whining about Arsenal's shitty attitude and how much is just whining about the fact that Arsenal haven't shipped six goals already like every other team in the Bundesliga would have by now?

ozil off? meh

Wilbur

Banned
As I said before you're trying to get a player sent off so it is a form of gamesmanship. Different levels yes, but I was focusing on the fact that he was encouraging one and dismissing the other.

Why would he dismiss running at a player and forcing him into fouls as if it was similar to going down far far too easily? They're different levels, so they're more than acceptable to judge differently.

bud

if we're going to sit deep and play on the counter praying for a Bayern mistake, then we need some pace up front. unless we're going to start launching high balls towards Giroiud, and we're not because Giroud is a deceptively shit aerial threat, then I don't really see the point of playing up front. plus, we're not even attempting to break up Bayern's possession and catch them out, we're just waiting for them to shoot and give Fabianksi the ball. that's too slow a release to create any chances.

this is the type of game where it would be really really nice to have Walcott up front, imo

podolski hardly does anything with the pace he might have. hell, he hardly does anything at all. if arsenal need to bring anyone on, it has to be gnabry, not flamini.

arkon

#thepepeffect

<3 you've been fine tonight

jack and fuenf, oh man

OH MAN

FUENF YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE

Yeah this is fair enough, Bayern are playing the game perfectly. It's the "they don't even care, they're playing a shit team, is this the best you can do, Arsenal have been torn apart"

fuck me

What did fuenf say that was so bad? He's been his normal reasonable self as far as i can see. Unless i missed something

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
That Links advert is the best thing Ive seen since i turned ITV on

how much of this Bayern whining about Arsenal's shitty attitude is really whining about Arsenal's shitty attitude and how much is just whining about the fact that Arsenal haven't shipped six goals already like every other team in the Bundesliga would have by now?

ozil off? meh
Sounds like Barca fans when Guardiola was in charge. All I'm missing is "RIP FOOTBALL" whenever they lose.

Why would he dismiss running at a player and forcing him into fouls as if it was similar to going down far far too easily? They're different levels, so they're more than acceptable to judge differently.

Somehow I don't think he was encouraging Ox to get fouled by Dante and immediately get straight back up. That would kind of defeat the point.

I like how Andy Townsend suggests Arsenal had a good enough 35 minutes and 'half the job is done' when they are still 2-0 down and have done next to nothing going forward.

Chamberlain has been excellent, but he can't do it alone.

fuenf

jack and fuenf, oh man

OH MAN

FUENF YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE

I just hate Arsenal, Wenger and Özil with passion. Just look back to last season, I made similar comments during the Arsenal games. But the Bayern games bore me, the only way to enjoy them nowadays is to become Blaburn.

Wilbur

Banned
I hate when teams just sit back and ruin the match. Even Nurnberg/Frankfurt did better ffs

Didn't Frankfurt lose 5-1 or something?

What did fuenf say that was so bad? He's been his normal reasonable self as far as i can see. Unless i missed something

Before the game he was like "lol i dont even know why you have faith", now he's saying "controlling it against a shit team"

And it doesn't read like jokey shit talking like we all do any time Arsenal let in a goal or something, reads more as arrogance. I don't really like arrogance in football fans, bizarre as that is. Always nice to be self depricating or sarcastic when you're referring to your own team, and so comically over the top when ripping into others that it's obvious.

kingkaiser

Can't wait for the verdict and his face.

12mlNMp.jpg

Plz, we all know it's going to end like this...

george-zimmerman.gif

Wilbur

Banned
I just hate Arsenal, Wenger and Özil with passion. Just look back to last season, I made similar comments during the Arsenal games. But the Bayern games bore me, the only way to enjoy them nowadays is to become Blaburn.

Being Blablurn is no bad thing

he always seems to eat delicious food

danwarb

I like how Andy Townsend suggests Arsenal had a good enough 35 minutes and 'half the job is done' when they are still 2-0 down and have done next to nothing going forward.

Chamberlain has been excellent, but he can't do it alone.

It makes sense if the job is to not get embarrassed.

fuenf

Didn't Frankfurt lose 5-1 or something?

Before the game he was like "lol i dont even know why you have faith", now he's saying "controlling it against a shit team"

And it doesn't read like jokey shit talking like we all do any time Arsenal let in a goal or something, reads more as arrogance. I don't really like arrogance in football fans, bizarre as that is. Always nice to be self depricating or sarcastic when you're referring to your own team, and so comically over the top when ripping into others that it's obvious.

it was: "yo ArsenalGAF go f.. ah lol forget, it doesn't matter. just expect the worst and may the Özil be with you.... lol" too bad Wenger didn't read it.

Salvadora

Out of interest, why do you hate Özil fuenf?

He comes across as a rather meek individual, the type who wouldn't usually attract hate. I've noticed most Germans in here are particularly harsh on him.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
To think I was pissed we missed out on Ozil, honestly I can see him going back to Spain or Germany after next season, not sure the PL is the best place for someone who isnt up for the fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom