• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walshy

You guys do know Bayern are coasting through yeah.

They'll be fucking off into the next round.

Don't look sharp here though. Few teams could give them a good game I'd say but they'll step up surely.
They already won the tie three weeks ago.

No way they'll play like that in a second leg if it's 0-0 in the first.

Bayern have just tried to manage the game and not let it get silly. Barca will do the same tomorrow.
I know but even for game management they were sloppy at times in the second half. Some complacency is natural though.

No doubt if it comes to a semi final match they will be well up for it, but over both legs I was a bit surprised at the sluggish bits of play from them. It feels like they aren't playing at the intensity they should be.

One step closer to that PL title.

wene2nqoo4g.gif

Atletico is really, really good. Deserved victory, Diego Costa is an incredible player. Hope they manage to put up this performance in the quarter finals as well.

Walshy

Simeone is going to get Atlético to the final.

I know Milan aren't as good as they once were, but they absolutely destroyed them tonight.

fuenf

well at least it was a bit exciting in the ending. sorry if I got on anybody's nerves but I just wanted to have some fun and distract me from other stuff...

well best of luck for the rest of the season ArsenalGAF.

pretty ambivalent about the True Detective finale. it's been pretty obvious all season long that they had no idea how to end the plot so the fact that we got what we did wasn't really disappointing since I expected a convenient, non-sensical plot ending. (plus, plenty of cases end due to complete random shit so I can forgive that).

but for a show that's as heavy on style over substance as True Detective, it was really shocking to see how ugly the finale was. the cinematography was horrid, poor editing, the final encounter/climax was just such an underwhelming way to end a season which had legitimately great set pieces like the one at the end of episode 4 (or was it 5? you know the one). and let's not even touch the last fifteen or twenty minutes which really should all have been left on the cutting room floor; more fade to blacks and false endings than Return of the fucking King.

good series, slightly less good (but still passable) finale, but as a whole, a pretty big missed opportunity imo

606b742e_2ns25vs.gif

Just a horrible post.

Clegg

I'm proud of arsenal. Giroud is still shit though. I love these guys though. So proud right now.
But they were quite poor apart from one 30 minute spell in the first leg. I don't think they did anything close enough to elicit pride from their supporters.

Messi

Simeone is going to get Atlético to the final.

I know Milan aren't as good as they once were, but they absolutely destroyed them tonight.

90% of the time this season they are like that but then the other 10% they fall apart. Like when they have to rotate the starters.

What's everyone's favourite crumble?

Mines is a good apple crumble. Apples need to be gooey. Plenty or crumble with a kick of cinnamon. And chilled custard.

Mmmm.

Salvadora

Ian Wright

"Bayern were there for the taking"

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

PLEASE.
While a two goal deficit if difficult to overcome, Bayern looked pretty unimpressive tonight.

Might not have been there for the taking, but in hindsight it looked pretty possible.

Walshy

90% of the time this season they are like that but then the other 10% they fall apart. Like when they have to rotate the starters.
Yeah, they have had lapses in their league season so far. Simone is the Klopp of this year, he'll take them to the semi-finals at least, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom