• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

wedward

While a two goal deficit if difficult to overcome, Bayern looked pretty unimpressive tonight.

Might not have been there for the taking, but in hindsight it looked pretty possible.

We are missing 3 players from out best 11. Two of those are our best players from this season and last season.

Still in a good position to have a successful season.

Lead the league for almost 6-7 months, their great pedigree of domestic cup performances lately. Yeah it's typical Arsenal come this time of year.

Nothing stops this narrative.

Elchele

ibyR82SsZxLf6a.gif

LOOOOOL

Messi

Yeah, they have had lapses in their league season so far. Simone is the Klopp of this year, he'll take them to the semi-finals at least, in my opinion.

Favourable draws and yes definitely. No idea how they would do with CL Barca or Real or Bayern.

Walshy

Depends on the draw though really.

You wouldn't expect them to get beyond Bayern or Madrid.
They've beaten Madrid already this season in the Bernabeu , and in the final of the Copa last year. Madrid was also very lucky to get a draw against them the other week as well.

But yeah, I do agree with you that it does matter who they get. I couldn't see them beating Bayern.

Salvadora

We are missing 3 players from out best 11. Two of those are our best players from this season and last season.

Still in a good position to have a successful season.
I think so too.
I'm disappointed, but remain hopeful of a successful season. This Arsenal side has looked different from years past
Nothing stops this narrative.
It's frustrating, but I've come to expect nothing less.

Messi

They've beaten Madrid already this season in the Bernabeu , and in the final of the Copa last year. Madrid was also very lucky to get a draw against them the other week as well.

But yeah, I do agree with you that it does matter who they get. I couldn't see them beating Bayern.

Yeah but the CL is a different story, it would be amazingly heated though.

Wilbur

Banned

I think over two legs Real or Bayern would win, but in a final... could see Atletico doing it. If we go out I want them to win, definitely.

Arsenal are 100% not winning the league.

You can forget about that.

They will win the FA Cup though. It's opened up very nicely for them but tbf they have beaten Liverpool and Everton who are good sides so even though it's a walk in the park from here on in, it'll be a warranted win.

Not quite the free fall I had expected, but there you go.

I think over two legs Real or Bayern would win, but in a final... could see Atletico doing it. If we go out I want them to win, definitely.
We are already out and even if we win we won't win so just say you're support Atletico from now. Okay thanks. Eat pinkberry.

wedward

They will win the FA Cup though. It's opened up very nicely for them but tbf they have beaten Liverpool and Everton who are good sides so even though it's a walk in the park from here on in, it'll be a warranted win.

I agree with all of this.

From the beginning I said a successful season for me was some precious metal in the shape of a cup and a top 3 finish within 9 points of first.

Wenger went and looked for the first Uefa officials around the press zone and swore angrily at them. "I've seen Wenger angry before but rarely with this kind of language" lol, fucking voyeur.

Salvadora

How is there possibly a 100% chance of Arsenal not winning the league?

We're close to the top (!). I don't think we will, but fucking hell.

Wilbur

Banned

We are already out and even if we win we won't win so just say you're support Atletico from now. Okay thanks. Eat pinkberry.

look please just shut up i believe in the majesty of moyes

he has already signed his deal with the devil

pinkberry cocaina

wedward

Wenger went and looked for the first Uefa officials around the press zone and swore angrily at them. "I've seen Wenger angry before but rarely with this kind of language" lol, fucking voyeur.

Hasn't daddy Mourhino taught you any other words?

GUARDIOLA DIDN'T APPROACH WENGER FOR A HANDSHAKE. OMG CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?

Clegg

Is Wenger gonna complain about the penalty I wonder? Looked pretty straightforward to me.

His team probably got the more dubious decisions too.

jtb

Banned
at the start of the season, my main prediction was that the gap between us and the title will be smaller than the gap between us and Liverpool.

yeah.....

still holding out hope for that one

But it was still great.

oh come on, you can't deny it was a bafflingly ugly episode of television. I was cringing at some of the shots during the climax and those weird zoom shots too

Brilliant :D Hard luck being beaten so bad by Athletico, although you gave the impression they were deserved winners.

A pretty boring match for Bayern v. Arsenal, not too much happened but the penalty save was excellent.

There's simply too much difference between the two teams. We can keep them distant from the goal, but if they try a little harder they can get whatever they want simply because our defenders aren't nowhere near their level. After the Arda Turan goal the game was pretty much done, players were demotivated and Seedorf couldn't manage to wake them up during the break.

I wasn't hoping for a win or anything, but I was expecting at least something more from the team, especially Essien and Balotelli. Showing that they cared or something.

Ingeniero

I'm ok with this, we fought hard and lost against a better team, it's history now.

Now let's focus on winning the FA cup and the PL.

Go gunners.

fuenf

Guys. I'm actually really depressed by all this.

don't be it's just football, you can't really influence the result and in the end it doesn't really matter anyway. yeah it's great to bask in the glory of your club (if successful) but it's only self delusion to make us appreciate our pity lifes more...

wedward

It's best just to ignore people like that. Just trying to get a rise. No one with any discernible taste would consider it bad.

Explain to me what was good about the writing.

What was done well? What was new or fresh that hasn't been done before, more successfully?

Yes, it looked good. Great.

danwarb

John Hartson on 5 Live said Arsenal have been humiliated and that "if they want to compete with the top teams in Europe this team needs major surgery, they are nowhere good enough to compete at this level."

Harsh?

Wilbur

Banned
Explain to me what was good about the writing.

What was done well? What was new or fresh that hasn't been done before, more successfully?

Yes, it looked good. Great.

bu bu bu

I think the best thing would be new cast, new writer, new director, new everything.

I enjoyed the first season enough, but I can see them being afraid of straying from the look and feel of season 1 too much.

i enjoyed it

but too many people like it

it was shit

wedward please go home and put down the bottle
arsenal will kill you
dont kill yourself

It's best just to ignore people like that. Just trying to get a rise. No one with any discernible taste would consider it bad.

I wouldn't say it was bad either, but it's very possible the most overrated tv show in a long time. Felt a bit generic and boring, with some good acting no doubt but... Eh. It was alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom