• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeddyBoy

There's simply too much difference between the two teams. We can keep them distant from the goal, but if they try a little harder they can get whatever they want simply because our defenders aren't nowhere near their level. After the Arda Turan goal the game was pretty much done, players were demotivated and Seedorf couldn't manage to wake them up during the break.

I wasn't hoping for a win or anything, but I was expecting at least something more from the team, especially Essien and Balotelli. Showing that they cared or something.

Yeah Seedorfs done well since coming in but ultimately this is still Allegri's team of underachievers against an exceptionally well trained Athletico side :(

operon

at the start of the season, my main prediction was that the gap between us and the title will be smaller than the gap between us and Liverpool.

yeah.....

still holding out hope for that one

oh come on, you can't deny it was a bafflingly ugly episode of television. I was cringing at some of the shots during the climax and those weird zoom shots too
Wes plz

jtb

Banned
John Hartson on 5 Live said Arsenal have been humiliated and that "if they want to compete with the top teams in Europe this team needs major surgery, they are nowhere good enough to compete at this level."

Harsh?

not harsh, just idiotic. there were two main problems with Arsenal this game: 1) the tactics were too conservative, Wenger played for a draw and got one (despite sending out a suicidal attacking lineup), and 2) Giroud. because, let's face it. he's shit.

wedward

bu bu bu

i enjoyed it

but too many people like it

it was shit

wedward please go home and put down the bottle
arsenal will kill you
dont kill yourself

You have never enjoyed something even though you know it's not very good?

Not once have I said it was bad.

It's just not good. It is average. The writing is below average.

Clegg

John Hartson on 5 Live said Arsenal have been humiliated and that "if they want to compete with the top teams in Europe this team needs major surgery, they are nowhere good enough to compete at this level."

Harsh?
They were comfortably outplayed but I wouldn't say they were humiliated. Arsenal aren't a bad side but he's probably right about them being not good enough to win it.

Salvadora

not harsh, just idiotic. there were two main problems with Arsenal this game: 1) the tactics were too conservative, Wenger played for a draw and got one (despite sending out a suicidal attacking lineup), and 2) Giroud. because, let's face it. he's shit.
I'm not sure that the tactics were too conservatives, the players (Giroud in particular) were simply not good enough.

There were ample chances to win this game.

Carbonox

gg bayern

You think the show was great. It makes sense you don't care about the writing.

i2Jd6Y6ufQweF.gif

Messi

It's best just to ignore people like that. Just trying to get a rise. No one with any discernible taste would consider it bad.

This is an awfully judgemental post. Different people like different things, they also dislike different things.

Walshy

Harsh?
No.

Bayern didn't even have to get out of first gear. They've got to the semi-final under Wenger just twice in sixteen attempts. Wenger isn't good enough at European competitions.

Meier

I wouldn't say it was bad either, but it's very possible the most overrated tv show in a long time. Felt a bit generic and boring, with some good acting no doubt but... Eh. It was alright.

I thought it was fantastic personally. Thought the writing was incredible and the acting was of course close to unparalleled. But he said it was "not good" -- which is of course just factually incorrect. I can see how someone would consider it overrated because if they didn't love it, then by default most people are rating it higher than them, but it wasn't anything below good, that much is certain.

This is an awfully judgemental post. Different people like different things, they also dislike different things.

I'm very judgmental. Everyone is.

Salvadora

"I've seen more souls lost down a bottle than any pit. At the same time, it's hard to trust a man who can't trust himself with a beer."

I liked the writing.

Wilbur

Banned
I don't get why he's so mardy about it.

They were well beaten. It was such a clear red.

I could understand if there was even some injustice but they were just beaten fair and square. Weird.

The answer is 'because he's Arsene Wenger and this is what he does'

Herr K

Banned
Hey, my account JUST got approved. I've been reading this thread for a loooong time now, and it feels so good to finally get to post.

Anyway, Herr K, AC Milan fan. We got trashed.

Clegg

I don't get why he's so mardy about it.

They were well beaten. It was such a clear red.

I could understand if there was even some injustice but they were just beaten fair and square. Weird.

Yep. He's a sore loser, we've been saying it for years.

Daniel Taylor ‏@DTguardian 2m

Wenger: "Robben is very good at getting the maximum of nothing. He is a great player, but also a good diver."
Dummy is out and toys are being thrown.

No.

Bayern didn't even have to get out of first gear. They've got to the semi-final under Wenger just twice in sixteen attempts. Wenger isn't good enough at European competitions.

Most years his team haven't been any better than where they've got to.

Yeah it's weird Clegg is getting worked up about that.

The sending off and penalty was clearly a tie defining moment.

And a clear cut decision that everyone can agree on.

Messi

Hey, my account JUST got approved. I've been reading this thread for a loooong time now, and it feels so good to finally get to post.

Sorry and welcome. Please be nice. No discussion about Inter please.

jtb

Banned
True Detective wasn't bad but it was equally far from being great, imo. far too often it would just randomly be super indulgent. also, it fell flat on its face when it came to plotting. some great moments but I don't think it added up to much of a whole.

Wilbur

Banned
What is good about the writing?

Good characterisation for the leads, nice turns of phrase (perhaps they might be pretentious or empty, but they read well and are acted well), nice mythologising of both its own history and bringing in outside references, the framing device of flashbacks and interviews was used very well.

wedward

Yeah it's weird Clegg is getting worked up about that.

The sending off and penalty was clearly a tie defining moment.

Wenger didn't even mention if it was a correct or incorrect sending off.

Playing with 10 men for 60 minutes had the biggest affect on the tie?

No shit.

Yep. He's a sore loser, we've been saying it for years.

Which part of that isn't true?

I thought it was fantastic personally. Thought the writing was incredible and the acting was of course close to unparalleled. But he said it was "not good" -- which is of course just factually incorrect. I can see how someone would consider it overrated because if they didn't love it, then by default most people are rating it higher than them, but it wasn't anything below good, that much is certain.

I'm very judgmental. Everyone is.

I believe we should defer to a resident fact checking expert Confuziz on this matter.

subtles

Wenger is nothing like I remember him.

Every year I doubt just a bit more if he ever was the kind of man I thought he once was.

He was The Professor dammit.

Welcome!

Walshy

Welcome man!

Most years his team haven't been any better than where they've got to.
True, but he should of probably achieved more with than invincibles side.

And you would think a manager with a reputation of being 'world class', that Wenger would elevate his players to get to the semi-finals more than twice. His record in Europe just isn't good enough. He couldn't even win the UEFA Cup against Galatasaray.

Plasma

Banned

He's right though all Robben's done over these two legs is dived, anytime somebody goes near him he crumples down in a heap. The ref even told him to get up at one point, he should have been booked for it then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom