• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splatt

qbaLblN.jpg

Soon. Well, not so soon. This year, hopefully.

That looks awesome.

I'm loving the influx of indie adventure/platform games. Guacamele was my secret 2013 GOTY.

Clegg

There is.

Not sure if you've gone past it but you can always go back from a bonfire:

First one is in the Forest of The Fallen Giants, just after the first bonfire there is a ladder that goes up and a knight is sat by the tree, kill him (if you have a sword just R2 him so it staggers, roll out rinse and repeat) and you get Heide Knight's Sword. I've upgraded mine to +3 just buying titanite shards from the blacksmith.

Second one is not as good I don't think but worth having and is easy to get. 2nd bonfire in the same zone there is some scaffolding, climb down it clear the mobs and there is a tunnel with some beast at the end that fires fireballs down the cave. Wait till he fires one and run half way down open the door on the left it's in the chest
Thanks mate!

Will try this out.

LTWheels

Starting Dark Souls 2. Is there any overpowered as fuck weapon you can unlock near the beginning of the game?

I've just started playing:

right at the beginning of the game before you enter the hut with the old ladies, there is this hidden path with an ogre. If you stand behind the ogre, it will try to sit on you. If you move out the way, then stand behind it again, you can force the ogre to only using it's sitting attack, making it easy to kill. You get a ring that decreases the amount of attacks it takes for your attacks to stun enemies.

Clegg

I've just started playing:

right at the beginning of the game before you enter the hut with the old ladies, there is this hidden path with an ogre. If you stand behind the ogre, it will try to sit on you. If you move out the way, then stand behind it again, you can force the ogre to only using it's sitting attack, making it easy to kill. You get a ring that decreases the amount of attacks it takes for your attacks to stun enemies.
Thanks for this too!!

subtles

Rodgers has never won 5 games in succession.

It should also be said that he never lost two in a row before the City and Chelsea defeats.

Sunday should be a cracker if Liverpool and United both play Football.

Clegg

I hate seeing United lose.

I especially hate seeing United lose to Liverpool.

However, I could just about stomach losing to Liverpool if we at least attempt to play some good football with the right players in mind. But if we pick Young and Valencia and proceed to lose having learnt nothing from the game then Moyes can get fucked.

K1LLER7

I hate seeing United lose.

I especially hate seeing United lose to Liverpool.

However, I could just about stomach losing to Liverpool if we at least attempt to play some good football with the right players in mind. But if we pick Young and Valencia and proceed to lose having learnt nothing from the game then Moyes can get fucked.

This.

He has to stick with what has worked well the last 2 PL games.

Should play Adnan on the right.

Clegg

Only 20 mins in, but DS2 is brilliant

Hard getting used to the low Stamina

Don't think I'm ready for
Heide's Tower of Flame yet
First thing I did when I collected enough souls was pumping them into stamina.

Oh and apparently you can't farm as effectively as you could in previous Souls games. If you stay in one area for too long you depopulate it of enemies.

First thing I did when I collected enough souls was pumping them into stamina.

Oh and apparently you can't farm as effectively as you could in previous Souls games. If you stay in one area for too long you depopulate it of enemies.

Yeah, I;m playing a bit consciously of that already in case I need to farm weak enemies for lifegems later

HOLY FUCK THIS HEIDE KNIGHT SWORD. DAT BACKSTAB

GorillaJu

Holy shit no texture filtering in a game in 2014. Staggering.

Lack of texture filtering really is an odd one. But if I'm honest it's something that I've never really cared about with graphics. The biggest thing for me is nice lighting. If the lighting is really good I am usually impressed by the graphics.

Flutter's screenshot there though. That's a beautiful game

Zabojnik

Juve has the players and referees. Milan has none of those.

am cry

Ah yes, the media-backed Milanista illusion. Their president is the very definition of corruption, yet somehow we're supposed to believe that when it comes to Milan, he's a saint. GTFO.

subtles

Ah yes, the media-backed Milanista illusion. Their president is the very definition of corruption, yet somehow we're supposed to believe that when it comes to Milan, he's a saint. GTFO.

The Bunga Bunga embarrassment was a way for him to keep Milan pure. He took any misgivings elsewhere.

Wilbur

Banned
Going for lunch with some mates then seeing Grand Budapest at 3:45 so missing all the PL action, AND THEN work 12:30 to 4:30 Sunday, and then have to travel home so can't watch either Sunday game as well. A whole Premier League weekend... lost... like... cum down the drain.

Hull 1 - 3 Man City
Everton 2 - 0 Cardiff
Fulham 1 - 1 Newcastle
Southampton 3 - 1 Norwich
Stoke 1 - 1 West Ham
Sunderland 0 - 0 Crystal Palace
Swansea 2 - 0 West Brom
Aston Villa 0 - 2 Chelsea
Man United 1 - 1 Liverpool
Tottenham 0 - 1 Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.