• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.
Corluka still plays for Lokomotiv right? I miss those guys, Pav would have scored so many more goals than Soldado. He was a lazy swine but he scored a good number for us. Corluka v Naughton isn't even a contest.

Yeah Corluka is at Loko. He plays CB for them though, and has been very good. And Super Pav actually hasn't been that bad this season. He doesn't get much playing time but he still averages a goal every 100 minutes or so, which is decent.

No one said we'd win it. Chelsea losing certainly increases the chances that we could win it. I was just pointing out that it's not a ridiculous suggestion to think Arsenal could win the title, some seem to think it is.
It's not, but it's just not going to happen for us this season. I'll happily be proved wrong though! I do think we'll win the FA Cup.

rodvik

Really do hope Ramires is sold next season. He's a straight up idiot. I do love his relentless runs chasing everything, but he's pretty much the Torres of the midfield, always fucking up counter attacks and losing his head. That stomp today was a fucking disgrace and extremely dumb, fuck off Ramires.

Also fucking lol at Arsenal supporters thinking they will win the title all of a sudden.

Fair play. Yeah Ramries was an idiot. The Willian one was harsh though.

Scum

Corluka still plays for Lokomotiv right? I miss those guys, Pav would have scored so many more goals than Soldado. He was a lazy swine but he scored a good number for us. Corluka v Naughton isn't even a contest.

Get Van Gaal in before someone snatches him up. Get some fullbacks in or someone teaches Walker to switch his brain back on.
TmMPSj7.png

It's not, but it's just not going to happen for us this season. I'll happily be proved wrong though! I do think we'll win the FA Cup.

Go easy on us tomorrow, Free. D:

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Did AVB get along well with Vertonghen, Spurs-gaf? We should poach him.

Sort of. Towards the end I think he resented being played at LB.

I doubt he leaves anyway, he's had a poor season and he said yesterday that he's 100% staying.

Sort of. Towards the end I think he resented being played at LB.

I doubt he leaves anyway, he's had a poor season and he said yesterday that he's 100% staying.

Well LB is our deepest position so he wouldn't need to worry. Wasn't he saying before that he didn't know if he'd want to stay without CL? Did the charisma of Sherwood convince him otherwise?

WJD

I know it doesn't really mean much to us now but I'm still dreading tomorrow. Hopefully it's more Arsenal than Tottenham.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Well LB is our deepest position so he wouldn't need to worry. Wasn't he saying before that he didn't know if he'd want to stay without CL? Did the charisma of Sherwood convince him otherwise?

He probably realised that nobody would pay £25m for him given his form. He looks a shadow of last season's player, never steps out with the ball and lacks commitment in defense. He hasn't even scored a goal in the league.

No one said we'd win it. Chelsea losing certainly increases the chances that we could win it. I was just pointing out that it's not a ridiculous suggestion to think Arsenal could win the title, some seem to think it is.

But let me be the one to tell you: You're not winning it. No need to even speculate about it then.

Arnie

You're going to the game?! You jinxed us last time! Pack it up lads. Reus and Isco dream is dead.

Have Fun
I wish I was going n

Just spending the weekend in the North West with the fam.
Did AVB get along well with Vertonghen, Spurs-gaf? We should poach him.
Come on.

You're fucking deluded if you think a player of Vertonghen's quality would move to Russia for the odd Champions League group match.

The only reason AVB's there is because England spat him out like the fraud he is.

Scum

Wooden, how much do you think Mou will get Cavani for, if that's who you want?

--------------- Cavani -------------
Hazard ---- Oscar ---- Schurrle

D:

Come on.

You're fucking deluded if you think a player of Vertonghen's quality would move to Russia for the odd Champions League group match.

The only reason AVB's there is because England spat him out like the fraud he is.

Oh Arnie, how quickly a little success has gone to your head. It was only last season when Liverpool lost in both their trips to Russia. Besides AVB, we'd also have two of Vertonghen's national team buddies to lure him in. Nice wages, living in one of Europe's most beautiful cities. Compete for a title. It's not all that bad.

L1NETT

Defending in the MLS is a joke. Watching the Seattle-Toronto game.

Yo Chad that defensive play is totally not rad dude

Pretty poor innit.

--

Here's a little teaser (no looking!)

Which player scored today for Tranmere. Has previously;

Scored 10 goals for his country
Played for West Brom, Cardiff and Wigan.
Famous blinder against United

Blablurn

The Hoeneß talk on German TV is getting boring. I'm sure tmw's Doppelpass will be the icing on the cake. Hopefully the topic will be gone by next week.

Hixx

Keith Lemon Roberto Di Fanti has been on BT Sport tonight.

‏"@Graeme_Murphy 23m
Di Fanti believes Sunderland have what it takes to stop up and Poyet is a top class manager. Wished Congerton and club all the best #safc

@Graeme_Murphy 11m
Di Fanti did say he was surprised at differences between England and Italy. Totally different, higher pace, tempo, intensity #safc

@Graeme_Murphy 8m
Di Fanti also said players are of higher quality and premier league is much more competitive #safc"

Zero experience cost him his job. Ellis pls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom