• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leg-End

As a United fan, you have to credit Liverpool who play excellent football.

Just waiting on the day Moyes is put out of his misery now, be that weeks, months or years, so clearly not the man for the job and wasn't from Day 1.

Ashes

Banned
Is one tough pill to swallow worse then 4-5 years of numbness?

Who says it will go on for four five years? Utd board have set themselves up for third place. We're not getting fifth even. Moyes is a dead man walking. He'll get the funds this summer.

Two years with the same problem is silly. What's to say the next manager will do better instantaneously?

Wilbur

Banned
Wes seriously. I'm being serious now. Doicare adds less to this thread than eleven thousand pictures of my balls would. At least they're an accurate representation of the match, which he can't even do.

Yen

Bi29OU4CQAAEMqD.jpg

FootballFan

As a United fan, you have to credit Liverpool who play excellent football.

Just waiting on the day Moyes is put out of his misery now, be that weeks, months or years, so clearly not the man for the job and wasn't from Day 1.

But he did well with a small-ish club, doesn't that automatically make him great?

Ashes

Banned
Wes seriously. I'm being serious now. Doicare adds less to this thread than eleven thousand pictures of my balls would. At least they're an accurate representation of the match, which he can't even do.

let him be. trolling so openly is kinda funny.

faridmon

Actually I love Moyes. Because of him, we might end up above Man United in the table standings for the first time in maybe 25+ years.

Thank you based Moyes!

sohois

What a delightful result from a fairly tepid performance. As I said earlier, seemed like the 2 teams were pretty evenly matched for most of the game, with the difference being the terrible individual errors of Utd's defence. Liverpool were far more composed at the back, which was nice to see.

Henderson was MotM for me, an incorrigible presence in the middle and a good linkup going forward. Made loads of great runs as well, but never got the ball. Suarez wasn't at his best, perhaps a bit isolated, whilst Sturridge had one of his worst games in a while, aside from the dive. We saw the selfish Sturridge of old today. Stirling also seemed out of sorts in a tricky role. Aside from the front 3 everyone else did well.

doicare

You sound like my Arsenal friend who always whines when he loses at fifa despite having more possession.
If in most games of Fifa you played you were the better player and had more of the ball and more shots yet you lost most of the time would you 1). Be happy and 2). Think Fifa was a good game?
If you watched the game, yes. They were the away team, and they like to counterattack?
They still did less but got most of the breaks.
I wrote his post before he did...
And......?

arkon

oh my. imagine if olympiacos comes through

At this point you have to imagine their favourites to go through. They've got a 2 goal lead to defend and didn't concede an away goal. They can just park the bus and look to counter. Get one or two goals and then it all goes tits up for United.

Messi

If in most games of Fifa you played you were the better player and had more of the ball and more shots yet you lost most of the time would you 1). Be happy and 2). Think Fifa was a good game?

They still did less but got most of the breaks.

And......?

You are a template.

Clegg

Liverpool were very comfortable in their victory. Shows what having a manager you believe in does to you.

Makes me feel sick that we could well be going into next season with Moyes still in charge.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
lol I've been at work and just checked the United score

30 minutes to chortle to myself before we lose at home to Arsenal

Hixx

If people stopped replying to him he'd get bored.

ElyrionX

Domination. Pathetic display today. I can't wait to see how City throttle us in 10 days.

The only thing that might actually get Fergie and the board to fire Moyes is if Liverpool win the league. United Gaf, we have to do the unthinkable, cheer for Pool to win it all.

Why don't you just stop the pretense and switch to supporting whichever club wins the league this season? You'll probably be happier.

Into

Fully expect Olympiakos to draw or win

Why this weird faith in this United team? I understand the Fergie era where they had a aura that they could win any game if everything clicked

They have played shit game after shit game.

Its like the Zidanes and Pavons era Real Madrid where, fans uexplicably expected them to become great just like that, they never did, they were shit for years.

doicare

Prove me wrong with the footballing facts that i post or stop asking for me to be banned otherwise i'll be reporting you to be banned.

Marc

What do you mean 'fan'?

Why would you want to take a picture when they just conceded a goal? Must be a tourist taking in the game surely.

Almost the perfect game, damn shame Gerrard missed his last pen, have him in my fantasy team... now he losses points. :(

So can Liverpool win this title? They are the best team to watch in the league but winning the league requires a certain mental strength.

noal

Banned
Well done Liverpool.

United were utter shit and we are just a terrible mess at the moment. It's like being in the eighties again.

Wilbur

Banned
DDG - faultless as always. One exquisite save, could do nothing about any of the goals.

Rafael - first half he was very good but over the entire match extremely lucky to stay on the pitch.

Jones - good first half, didn't do enough in the second half to quell attacks.

Vidic - shit. Signed for another club mid season. He can fuck off now for all I care.

Evra - the same as he has been for around four years now; fucks around the pitch doing absolutely nothing. No awareness or discernible level of care. Fuck him too.

Adnan - very quiet first half, dangerous in the second and unlucky to get subbed because of Rooney's ego.

Carrick - did the best he could with no protection from anyone around him save his partner.

Fellaini - our best player all things considered. Adds presence we didn't have anywhere else.

Mata - extremely quiet. Needs to be moved infield, because we're putting square pegs into round holes when you're considering his position, the position of players around him and our tactics.

Rooney - one of the worst performances I've ever seen from a player. So tactically inept, stomping around in every single bit of space allowed to his team mates. An abhorrent passing rate, lazy and spends more time fucking moaning at the referee than doing anything pertinent. Fuck him.

RVP - totally isolated and when chances did come to him he seemed switched off.

GorillaJu

I don't know what to say to United fans who want Moyes to be fired.

On one hand I completely sympathize because of how disgraceful we were under Roy Hodgson, and how firing him was the first step toward improving our club, which I think its fair to say is doing quite well at the moment.

On the other hand - is David Moyes as bad as Roy Hodgson?

We fired Hodgson, but the most important improvement from letting him go was that we completely changed the playing personnel. Konchesky stopped playing and Poulsen stopped playing, and we got Luis Suarez. Then we still didn't improve significantly until January 2013, when we caught a wave that we've been riding ever since.

If you fired Moyes and brought in another manager, what do you realistically expect to happen? The 11 players you put out today could reasonably be considered your best 11. Players don't just suddenly forget how to play football.

I think the problem is that you've had holes in your squad for a while now, but Ferguson managed to keep things glued together. Now that his presence is gone, things are starting to fall apart. The problem is more that Ferguson is gone than that Moyes is here.

But in the end I have to look at Rodgers' team. We have one single player who would start for every team in the world in Luis Suarez. This is nearly the same team that finished 8th and 7th over the last two seasons. Yet because of Rodgers' tactics and coaching, we're scoring goals by the truck load and playing fluid football.

I guess the question comes down to: can United find a manager who can be like Rodgers, repair a broken dressing room and get them tactically on the right page?

Scum

Saw the lineup, but just seen the result. Waaahhh?!

Just ignore him, you silly cunt. In less than 30mins you can laugh at Boycie "4-4-2" Sherwood getting shamed like bukkake.

If people stopped replying to him he'd get bored.

Exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom