• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

The thread will never learn.

Never. He isn't 'trolling' because what he is saying is accurate, but it is obviously trolling. If that makes any sense.

He won't get banned because he keeps it within the rules, people just keep replying though. If everyone just ignored, instead of quoting each of his posts, he would rage.

LTbkKjZ.jpg

Even Suarez makes fun of us giving Rooney 300k.

Yen

It's pretty obvious Moyes has 'lost the dressing room', to use a cliché. The Manchester United players show no desire at all.

FootballFan

Never. He isn't 'trolling' because what he is saying is accurate, but it is obviously trolling. If that makes any sense.

He won't get banned because he keeps it within the rules, people just keep replying though. If everyone just ignored, instead of quoting each of his posts, he would rage.

fuuu bottom of the page(50ppp4lyfe)

Marc

That Sky advert for El Clasico is hilarious. Ronaldo player of the year, Messi... player of the generation. :D

Hixx

It's pretty obvious Moyes has 'lost the dressing room', to use a cliché. The Manchester United players show no desire at all.

They've not really got anything to lose by sacking him right now, can they really get any worse? Before the season most were saying that 7th would be the worst case scenario... and now they're a couple of bad results from being overtaken by Southampton.

sohois

please report me to be banned in retaliation i will report you to be banned

I think you should calm down a bit, Wilbur. doicare is right (for once), you can't just go around asking for people to be banned because they annoy you. Shouldn't let football frustation boil over and lash out considering you are basically still on probation

Scum

I don't know what to say to United fans who want Moyes to be fired.

On one hand I completely sympathize because of how disgraceful we were under Roy Hodgson, and how firing him was the first step toward improving our club, which I think its fair to say is doing quite well at the moment.

On the other hand - is David Moyes as bad as Roy Hodgson?

We fired Hodgson, but the most important improvement from letting him go was that we completely changed the playing personnel. Konchesky stopped playing and Poulsen stopped playing, and we got Luis Suarez. Then we still didn't improve significantly until January 2013, when we caught a wave that we've been riding ever since.

If you fired Moyes and brought in another manager, what do you realistically expect to happen? The 11 players you put out today could reasonably be considered your best 11. Players don't just suddenly forget how to play football.

I think the problem is that you've had holes in your squad for a while now, but Ferguson managed to keep things glued together. Now that his presence is gone, things are starting to fall apart. The problem is more that Ferguson is gone than that Moyes is here.

But in the end I have to look at Rodgers' team. We have one single player who would start for every team in the world in Luis Suarez. This is nearly the same team that finished 8th and 7th over the last two seasons. Yet because of Rodgers' tactics and coaching, we're scoring goals by the truck load and playing fluid football.

I guess the question comes down to: can United find a manager who can be like Rodgers, repair a broken dressing room and get them tactically on the right page?

Old Man Van Gaal might be the ideal man for the job. Give him 2yrs to build something, let someone shadow him and when he inevitably leaves, the one shadowing can carry it on.

And that's why I want him at Tottingham.

Have some faith. You might earn a point!

image.php

doicare

1 shot on target
1 shot on target mate
Yes that's what happens when you don't get penalties, or the ball doesn't break to you in the box or players on the other team dive getting your players sent off.

But hey yeah, if you ignore that before Sturridge dived United had more shots, more possession, better passing accuracy and better heading accuracy then sure Liverpool were better.

Yen

Now we just need Tactics Tim to beat Arsenal. Not likely.

I think you should calm down a bit, Wilbur. doicare is right (for once), you can't just go around asking for people to be banned because they annoy you. Shouldn't let football frustation boil over and lash out considering you are basically still on probation

It's obvious that doicare is a troll/joke poster, and not a funny one at that.

Stubo

Our movement wasn't good enough from the first minute. Always struggling to find space and channels to pass the ball through. Annoyed at the slight inconsistency of the pen decisions - Sturridge can do one, but the pens really wouldn't have made a difference anyway.

That banner was my favourite part of the whole match.

Congrats to Liverpool, I hope Chelsea or Arsenal can step up and win the league though.

Edit: I know doicare is a joke character at this point, but you really cannot defend that performance. 1 shot on target isn't good enough and it's due to the formation being completely blunt against their tactics. It's possible to say that we were unlucky across the course of the game, but you cannot blame it all on luck. Rafael should've been off.

Wilbur

Banned

It's not just about annoying me. He just fucks up the thread more than anyone else in the entirety of fucking up threads. It just goes around in circles because everyone disagrees with him and they keep replying to him and he doesn't budge either.

But yeah

I see what you mean.

I don't know what to say to United fans who want Moyes to be fired.

On one hand I completely sympathize because of how disgraceful we were under Roy Hodgson, and how firing him was the first step toward improving our club, which I think its fair to say is doing quite well at the moment.

On the other hand - is David Moyes as bad as Roy Hodgson?

We fired Hodgson, but the most important improvement from letting him go was that we completely changed the playing personnel. Konchesky stopped playing and Poulsen stopped playing, and we got Luis Suarez. Then we still didn't improve significantly until January 2013, when we caught a wave that we've been riding ever since.

If you fired Moyes and brought in another manager, what do you realistically expect to happen? The 11 players you put out today could reasonably be considered your best 11. Players don't just suddenly forget how to play football.

I think the problem is that you've had holes in your squad for a while now, but Ferguson managed to keep things glued together. Now that his presence is gone, things are starting to fall apart. The problem is more that Ferguson is gone than that Moyes is here.

But in the end I have to look at Rodgers' team. We have one single player who would start for every team in the world in Luis Suarez. This is nearly the same team that finished 8th and 7th over the last two seasons. Yet because of Rodgers' tactics and coaching, we're scoring goals by the truck load and playing fluid football.

I guess the question comes down to: can United find a manager who can be like Rodgers, repair a broken dressing room and get them tactically on the right page?

Despite you guys taking half a season to gel, Brenton immediately put his stamp on the team. You guys clearly focused on positive attacking football that focused on passing. Moyes has done no such thing.

Despite playing the best players, the players look to have no idea how to play in attack. That is down to the manager. When a couple of players are off form, the players are off form. When the whole team looks off form, the manager is at fault. Doesn't matter who Moyes brings in. Whatever he does in training, however he sets his team up to play, it clearly makes every player become inept.

The difference between Moyes and Hodgson is that Moyes inherited a better squad. Naturally, United will have slightly more points than Hodgson's Liverpool (pretty sure it's not by much by the time Hodgson was sacked) and will play slightly better due to this difference.

Liverpool deserved the win.

RVP was fantastic last season but is really at a slump at the moment. Real bad slump. Not to mention we dont play that well with him on the front.

Sort of like the thing that looks good on paper but shit when executed. That's our strat at the moment.

Into

guys where the fuck is the media criticising rooney

where is it

i cant see it

i see

i see nothing

The english media seems to be saving all the hate and criticism for when after the World Cup, to really lay siege on these players, Rooney in particular. They love doing this.

They treat United with gloves, and keep giving chances to David Moyes, because Moyes is scottish and Fergie is scottish and there were journalists some 20 years ago who criticized Fergie and he turned out to be a great manager lololol. Its stupid, the man sucks, its clear to everyone in the whole football world what a farce this is.

tri_willy

DDG - faultless as always. One exquisite save, could do nothing about any of the goals.

Rafael - first half he was very good but over the entire match extremely lucky to stay on the pitch.

Jones - good first half, didn't do enough in the second half to quell attacks.

Vidic - shit. Signed for another club mid season. He can fuck off now for all I care.

Evra - the same as he has been for around four years now; fucks around the pitch doing absolutely nothing. No awareness or discernible level of care. Fuck him too.

Adnan - very quiet first half, dangerous in the second and unlucky to get subbed because of Rooney's ego.

Carrick - did the best he could with no protection from anyone around him save his partner.

Fellaini - our best player all things considered. Adds presence we didn't have anywhere else.

Mata - extremely quiet. Needs to be moved infield, because we're putting square pegs into round holes when you're considering his position, the position of players around him and our tactics.

Rooney - one of the worst performances I've ever seen from a player. So tactically inept, stomping around in every single bit of space allowed to his team mates. An abhorrent passing rate, lazy and spends more time fucking moaning at the referee than doing anything pertinent. Fuck him.

RVP - totally isolated and when chances did come to him he seemed switched off.

are the players really playing for the boss??? it seems the boss is playing for rooney. rooney aint effective as a no.10, either stay a striker or on the left wing. mata is the no.10 you guys deserve if not kagawa.

a diamond mid or a 4-3-2-1 mid would suit the superior players in your team. wing play is dead/2nd fiddle

danwarb

Liverpool were better throughout, because they won possession in better positions, and created clearer chances. That lead to the pens and more shots on target in both halves.

They restricted United to almost nothing.

Hixx

So will we get a Sherwood meltdown this evening or will Spurs start to look like an actual team?

Won't see as many lols as Man United v Liverpool surely but hopefully a more competitive game.

FootballFan

It's not just about annoying me. He just fucks up the thread more than anyone else in the entirety of fucking up threads. It just goes around in circles because everyone disagrees with him and they keep replying to him and he doesn't budge either.

But yeah

I see what you mean.

Just stop. Pls

Can't you just imagine his face when he makes one of his posts, sees NO replies for the next 3 pages? That should be enough motivation for any of you.

doicare

please report me to be banned in retaliation i will report you to be banned
You keep asking for me to be banned so when i call you out for being immature and ask you to actually engage me in the points that i raise about football or i will have to report you for flaming me which will get you banned your response is..... to say you're going to report me for reporting you and get me banned.... great logic.

faridmon

I am really looking forward for next season. Not only us improving, but the shake up the higher hierarchy of PL after decades of the same team combating for the same spot.

Showaddy

So will we get a Sherwood meltdown this evening or will Spurs start to look like an actual team?

Won't see as many lols as Man United v Liverpool surely but hopefully a more competitive game.

Sherwood's thrown some more darts at the revolving team selection board so let's see how this team get's on.

I can't profess to knowing enough about him to be honest; I've only seen Benfica when they've played English opposition.

well, he's good enough to beat Everton, Newcastle and Spurs.

i say this cause there's been increasing rumours that, even if he wins the league, Jesus might leave and we gonna replace him with a younger alternative.

as a transitional manager for 2 or 3 years he would surely put you at least in the top 4.

Roma and Liverpool in the CL is way better though.

i want them both. that's easy 12 points for us right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom