• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

Yes that's what happens when you don't get penalties, or the ball doesn't break to you in the box or players on the other team dive getting your players sent off.

But hey yeah, if you ignore that before Sturridge dived United had more shots, more possession, better passing accuracy and better heading accuracy then sure Liverpool were better.
Or you can ignore that before Sturridge dived it was two nil, and after he did so it was also two nil.

I'm just miffed we didn't beat you by at least what we did Everton, who were twice the team you were today.

What is the point of Juan Mata?

doicare

Why would I bother? You don't listen to anyone here.
Just because somebody around here says something doesn't make it an indisputable fact. I raise points, people fail to counter them and then because they have biased agendas stick their fingers in their ears and ignore the truth.

Scum

DDG - faultless as always. One exquisite save, could do nothing about any of the goals.

Rafael - first half he was very good but over the entire match extremely lucky to stay on the pitch.

Jones - good first half, didn't do enough in the second half to quell attacks.

Vidic - shit. Signed for another club mid season. He can fuck off now for all I care.

Evra - the same as he has been for around four years now; fucks around the pitch doing absolutely nothing. No awareness or discernible level of care. Fuck him too.

Adnan - very quiet first half, dangerous in the second and unlucky to get subbed because of Rooney's ego.

Carrick - did the best he could with no protection from anyone around him save his partner.

Fellaini - our best player all things considered. Adds presence we didn't have anywhere else.

Mata - extremely quiet. Needs to be moved infield, because we're putting square pegs into round holes when you're considering his position, the position of players around him and our tactics.

Rooney - one of the worst performances I've ever seen from a player. So tactically inept, stomping around in every single bit of space allowed to his team mates. An abhorrent passing rate, lazy and spends more time fucking moaning at the referee than doing anything pertinent. Fuck him.

RVP - totally isolated and when chances did come to him he seemed switched off.

----------- RVP/Rooney ------------
Adnan ----- Kagawa ----- Mata
------ Carrick -- Felliani --------

Randdalf

Before Sturridge dived and got Vidic sent off United had more shots, more possession, a higher pass success and higher aerial success, yet i'm sure everybody on here will say Liverpool deserved to be ahead.

Just because you're 'winning' on four statistics doesn't mean you deserve to win the match. It's all well and good having more possession but its ultimately meaningless if all you do with it is pass sideways and backwards. It's only natural that United would have greater aerial success because Liverpool's attack is full of shorter stature players and they also favour playing it more on the ground. You can't be willfully ignorant of the context from which those figures were extracted and make claims about their implications. Furthermore, it's all well and good saying that one team has more possession as long as you say how much more. For example, 51% vs 49% would be nowhere near significant enough a difference to make any claims about the quality of either team.

GorillaJu

Eriksen brace from a set piece followed by a Soldado pen.

bBnySwv.jpg

What a picture. :lol I love it.

Sorry Utd fans I'm not just looking to gloat here, but I'm loving everything about this Liverpool team.

Wilbur

Banned
well, he's good enough to beat Everton, Newcastle and Spurs.

i say this cause there's been increasing rumours that, even if he wins the league, Jesus might leave and we gonna replace him with a younger alternative.

as a transitional manager for 2 or 3 years he would surely put you at least in the top 4.

i want them both. that's easy 12 points for us right there.

I don't think we'd ever go for him to be honest. I think this summer, if we throw enough money at Klopp, he might forget all his loyalty and go "well I've taken them as far as I can"

it wont happen

i can dream

Wilbur

Banned
David moyes..........

u dnt even want 2 b at utd.

go fly free. we will all b happier if u do

Guys,am on my way to look for the missing plane.In the mean time,please search for Moyes.We will put him in that plane.

Stubo

Just because somebody around here says something doesn't make it an indisputable fact. I raise points, people fail to counter them and then because they have biased agendas stick their fingers in their ears and ignore the truth.
I don't know why I'm replying but here goes:

You post statistics which are not the ones which decide the outcome of the game/distribution of the points and try to use these other statistics to justify that the wrong team won the game. This is not how football works.

It's always possible to pick out certain areas your team was stronger and rue missed opportunities, but it's not reasonable to try to claim a great injustice every time your team doesn't come away with the points.

In short: We did not deserve to win today. Accept this and take the defeat gracefully.

pappe

So you actually think that Moyes is the right man for the job and we should keep him?

Slizz

Sorry Utd fans I'm not just looking to gloat here, but I'm loving everything about this Liverpool team.

It's not even an offensive picture or anything, enjoy it.

Mata looks/is useless if hes not playing the #10. Adnan's best side is on the right, but he needs a rest and to get some muscle for next season.

Fellanini was alright, Carrick is Carrick. Rooney annoying.

LOLLLLLLLLLLLL

Marc

guys where the fuck is the media criticising rooney

where is it

i cant see it

i see

i see nothing

He is England's darling, same as Gerrard, they could never do any wrong no matter what form they are in.

You all laughed when I said drop Rooney and stick Kagawa in behind and dropping him for England, oh how they laughed, now where is your fat granny obsessed god?

:p

Showaddy

Lol Sherwood. Eriksen right wing, Townsend left wing and Chadli behind the striker apparently.

Sherwood is legitimately fucked in the head if that's true.

FootballFan

r u excited now zab

official:

pedro-------messi------alexis
-----iniesta--------xavi---------
alba-------octopus-----------alves
-----masch---------bartra----------
--------------Valdes--------------------

Tc91

Enjoy it. Wish United played football like your team.

It's an achievement in itself to play such turd football with the front 4 we have so I have to hand that to Moyes.

Herr K

Banned
I want every single one of this cunts gone. I can't believe Mexes is so shitty. Balo should also leave, and Seedorf, my man, he has a nice dream, but lacks the skill to make it come true.

Everybody should leave Milan. Including Galliani and that cheap bastard Berlusconi.

United fans, I know how you feel.

What is the point of Juan Mata?

If he was being bought as a pure winger, I'm sure there were better, cheaper options on the market

Ignore the penalties, individual performances, tactics for a second. One shot on target against our fragile defense is a damning statistic. Unacceptable from any team in the Football League system, let alone last year's Championship.

With Van Persie, Rooney, Mata and Januzaj, with Fellaini getting forward a fait bit too. That is massively problematic. The mistakes at the back can be explained as recklessness, individual mistakes that are indicative of poor moments of play rather than management.

But to offer so little threat to Mignolet (I think you attacked the right spaces in the buildup), something is clearly systematically wrong. I could tell those 4 attackers to go out and do what they want, and you'd end up with more than 1 shot on target.

Skrtel was great today I think. Couple of brilliant blocks, took command of our box. Consecutive 3-0 away wins at grounds/teams we haven't got good records against over the last couple of seasons. I'll be devestated if we fuck it up against Cardiff.

wedward

Will Rooney ever be criticized in the press? He played like an absolute sack of shit.

Mata is going to get the blame before Rooney, which is probably unfair.

subtles

I love this team. I'm a tad bit disappointed that this wasn't a rout but that's only because they have spoiled us so much. For that attack to be limited to one shot on target all game says is it all really.

I can't wait for next week.

Wilbur

Banned
Will Rooney ever be criticized in the press? He played like an absolute sack of shit.

He never does despite him being arguably our worst player today. People just go "oh off day for Rooney" and ignore that his goals have hidden the fact he actually hasn't been very good.

Barzul

So United's predicament this season has all been down to bad luck and injuries?

Tc91

Player ratings from the MEN:

De Gea - 6
Rafa - 4
Jones - 5
Vidic - 4
Evra - 6
Carrick - 5
Fellaini - 5 (lol he was our best player)
Mata - 5
Adnan - 5
RVP - 5

Rooney: Brought a fine save from Mignolet from Rafael's cross but that was about as good as it got against his hometown club. Partnership with van Persie is just not working. Probed and prompted to little avail. May play his best football this season in the white of England rather than the red of United. He will be hurting after this, big time. Best of a mediocre bunch. 6

GorillaJu

Gerrard was just so god damn good today. His goals were penalties and he should have had a third, but his presence as a midfielder was exceptional. I always thought he'd have trouble in the back half of the pitch due to lack of discipline but every week he's looking more fit to play that Pirlo role. At one point the ball was getting played out of defense in a congested area, Gerrard gets it off Skrtel, takes a step forward, and casually blasts it directly at Johnson's feet all the way up the pitch in the blink of an eye and suddenly the attack is on.

Wonderful player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom