• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

gd8C43G.png

That needs to be animated. Shatner pls girl

K1LLER7

Congrats on the win Liverpool gaf. Brendan has turned you guys into a great team. Look forward to seeing how you fare in the CL.

Yen

John Brewin ‏@JohnBrewinESPN
Question to Brendan Rodgers: Is this your best day as Liverpool manager?

Answer: "No, every day is."

doicare

Or you can ignore that before Sturridge dived it was two nil, and after he did so it was also two nil.

I'm just miffed we didn't beat you by at least what we did Everton, who were twice the team you were today.

What is the point of Juan Mata?
Yes Liverpool got two penalties (and yep lets not gloss over that United should've had at least one penalty but didn't get any), at 2-0 other than those penalties Liverpool created zero clear cut chances to score and only had a couple of half chances, United had slightly more half chances and United created the best chance from open play with Rooney's shot. Stay classy with your Everton comment btw.
Just because you're 'winning' on four statistics doesn't mean you deserve to win the match. It's all well and good having more possession but its ultimately meaningless if all you do with it is pass sideways and backwards. It's only natural that United would have greater aerial success because Liverpool's attack is full of shorter stature players and they also favour playing it more on the ground. You can't be willfully ignorant of the context from which those figures were extracted and make claims about their implications. Furthermore, it's all well and good saying that one team has more possession as long as you say how much more. For example, 51% vs 49% would be nowhere near significant enough a difference to make any claims about the quality of either team.
What other major statistics are there other than goals scored that can be posted? You and others act like i cherry pick stats when i'm actually posting nearly every single important stat there is. Again all it comes down to is FooballGAF logic = Team A scored a goal there for they must have deserved to, it's the same bs every single time. For every chance Liverpool created United created one as well. And as well as that United spent more time in Liverpool's half then Liverpool spent in United's up until the Sturridge dive. It was an even game yet most people on here act hyperbolically and say Liverpool were significantly better and deserved to win, it's a joke.
I don't know why I'm replying but here goes:

You post statistics which are not the ones which decide the outcome of the game/distribution of the points and try to use these other statistics to justify that the wrong team won the game. This is not how football works.

It's always possible to pick out certain areas your team was stronger and rue missed opportunities, but it's not reasonable to try to claim a great injustice every time your team doesn't come away with the points.

In short: We did not deserve to win today. Accept this and take the defeat gracefully.
Yet again your another poster whos acting like i'm cherry picking stats when i actually posting most if not all of them, other than shots, possession and passing/heading success what else is there really to talk about in terms of stats? It was an even game but Liverpool were getting the break of the ball and then they got two penalties and United should've got at least one but got none. I've said it before but people are just being hyperbolic and pretty stupid saying Liverpool destroyed United and blatantly deserved to win, it's quite sad.
So you actually think that Moyes is the right man for the job and we should keep him?
Moyes has been average so far, i would have picked Mourinho over him but now he's here i'd give him one more summer to sort it out, but if United are still mid table by next Christmas then yeah he should go.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Jesus Christ, Bentaleb you can't put in such a powder puff challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom