• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Does Naughton know he can move his head and look around? Playing like a blind man.

One team getting significantly more injuries than another = luck. One team having less decisions go their way than another = luck.

That is demonstrably incorrect.

It was a trick question though because luck is just a byword for chain of causality that you don't have the brains to understand or break down.

With United, Inter, Valencia, Lyon and AC most likely not qualifying for the CL, looks like we're comfortably in pot 2 next year. Increíble!

And it could mean that Schlacke ends up in pot 1. Schlacke. 6-1. Football is dead.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Adebayor is getting in so easy, there are goals here if spurs rant them

I love Brendan sometimes, please give him a new contract.

Only sometimes? :p

Needs a 2 year extension, first order of business as soon as the season ends

Pure poetry.

And can we all recognise that Jon Flanagan is a fucking outstanding fullback.

He is very intelligent at everything except for decision-making when thinking on his feet. Like, if a player runs past him down a blind alley, he'll drag him back and get booked. He slides in when he just has to stay on his feet and square up.

Hopefully that can be coached properly, otherwise his career may be littered with red cards ala Cattermole.

Thought Johnson was really good as well aside from taking his eye off the ball and letting it touch his hand.

Blablurn

With United, Inter, Valencia, Lyon and AC most likely not qualifying for the CL, looks like we're comfortably in pot 2 next year. Increíble!

And it could mean that Schlacke ends up in pot 1. Schlacke. 6-1. Football is dead.

I expect Schalke to be ahead of Dortmund in some weeks.

Marc

Don't worry Tim, I heard there is a manager's position opening

At Maccy d's

Take your gillet

You get to wear a waistcoat as a manager there right? If so, he is made for the job.

I like Sherwood but yeah, tactically his talk of "the game isn't about tactics" rubbish is nto the way you get yourself a top job.

tri_willy

Only sometimes? :p

Needs a 2 year extension, first order of business as soon as the season ends

He is very intelligent at everything except for decision-making when thinking on his feet. Like, if a player runs past him down a blind alley, he'll drag him back and get booked. He slides in when he just has to stay on his feet and square up.

Hopefully that can be coached properly, otherwise his career may be littered with red cards ala Cattermole.

Thought Johnson was really good as well aside from taking his eye off the ball and letting it touch his hand.

flahmigan!

sherwood8vk4s.gif

Arnie

Rodgers will get his new contract.

He'll get more control.

And he'll get a substantial transfer budget as part of the negotiations.

subtles

Arsenal would be scary on the counter if Giroud had a bit of pace on him.

Pure poetry.

And can we all recognise that Jon Flanagan is a fucking outstanding fullback.

Yes! He was playing on the wrong side as well. All of the players seem to be able to express themselves on the pitch.

doicare

You played your best 11 today and were thoroughly embarrassed.

You threw everything at us, at home, and came out with one shot on target.

You make your own luck.
Out playing Liverpool in nearly every single stat other than goals scored = 'thoroughly embarrassed'? Okay sure, lol. Before Sturridge dived and got Vidic sent off Liverpool hadn't created a single guilt edge chance the entire game from open play and Rooney's shot in the box was the best either team had created. The most embarrassing thing today was Sturridge's shameful dive.

I expect Schalke to be ahead of Dortmund in some weeks.

Don't worry, they'll start to suck again soon enough.

We just need to beat them and it's over for them.

Or we need to drop out of the CL, all those losses before a CL match could actually cost us place 2 in the Bundesliga.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I wish it was more like rugby where any contact, disagreement with the ref is punished, it's sickening that players get away with it

doicare

That is demonstrably incorrect.

It was a trick question though because luck is just a byword for chain of causality that you don't have the brains to understand or break down.
Yeah..... so you might be able to out think most other posters round here but you won't ever out think me. You asked me to give examples of luck in football and i did. If you refuse to accept them then you don't believe there is such a thing a luck. Good for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom