• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

Which means Mourinho is forced to play better players, they have both been shit but he likes that they run a lot.
It's better if we don't have to play against Mourinho style players, even the alternatives might be more talented.

They fit the way he plays.

Scum

image.php

Congrats on the win, ArseGAF.

jtb

Banned
hard to say who will win the title at this point, since so many of the top sides have yet to play each other

--
@OptaJoe
1 - Arsenal had just one shot in the second half vs Tottenham. Catenaccio.

Wilbur

Banned
So who is winning it? Still think it'll be Chelsea, personally.

Liverpool's fixtures: Cardiff (W) Sunderland (W) Spurs (W) West Ham (D) Manchester City (W) Norwich (W) Chelsea (D) Crystal Palace (D) Newcastle (W)

21 points so you'd be on 83

Chelsea: Arsenal (W) Crystal Palace (W) Stoke (W) Swansea (W) Liverpool (D) Norwich (W) Cardiff (W)

19 points so they'd be on 85

Manchester City: Fulham (W) Manchester United (W) Arsenal (D) Southampton (W) Liverpool (L) Sunderland (W) West Brom (W) Crystal Palace (W) Everton (D) Villa (W) West Ham (W)

26 points so they'd be on 86

Arsenal: Chelsea (L) Swansea (W) City (D) Everton (D) West Ham (W) Hull (W) Newcastle (W) West Brom (W) Norwich (W)

20 points so they'd be on 82

i'm probably well wrong

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Can't believe they held on.

I can, we've shown a thousand times that we cannot break down a bus.

If we concede we probably won't win. I was impressed with our reaction though, that was our best 90 minutes in a big game.

Feorax

Chelsea should win it with that fixture list, but if you lose away to Villa (sorry Wes) and implode like that , you really can't take anything for granted.

City are regaining a bit of stability, but I can still see hem dropping a few points in the run in.

Arsenal will need to get 7 pts from the next 3 games to keep pace I think. Doable, but tough.

Fuck knows about us. Quite literally anything could happen the way we're playing.

jtb

Banned
I absolutely believe we can get something next week IF Wenger sets the team out to defend first. set up the team the way we did today, the way we did away at Bayern/Dortmund, home to Liverpool, etc. keep it compact in midfield, don't commit too many men forward when we have the ball, start Flamini and Arteta in midfield, pump Ramsey full of HGH so he scores a few wonder goals, and we have a pretty good chance to finally end Wenger's horrible record against Mourinho.

but if he sets up the team to play football, we'll be picked apart again and again on the counter just like we were at City and Liverpool

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
100m pounds spent over the summer to finish 5th

Sure we spent money but we lost the third best forward in the world. We were 5th with him and we are 5th without him. Hopefully in time players like Lamela and Eriksen will develop into world class players, this squad is not ready for the CL.

Arnie

Just had a fucking mare with JustEat; made an order that didn't go through, so made a second one and both went through. Been on the phone for twenty minutes trying to cancel a fucking order..

I'm taking a BLT for the train.

Got a few episodes of True Detective on my Mac.

Got the image of Gerrard kissing a camera in my brain.

umf

hiroshawn

Banned
Liverpool's fixtures: Cardiff (W) Sunderland (W) Spurs (W) West Ham (D) Manchester City (W) Norwich (W) Chelsea (D) Crystal Palace (D) Newcastle (W)

Chelsea: Arsenal (W) Crystal Palace (W) Stoke (W) Swansea (W) Liverpool (D) Norwich (W) Cardiff (W)

Manchester City: Fulham (W) Manchester United (W) Arsenal (D) Southampton (W) Liverpool (L) Sunderland (W) West Brom (W) Crystal Palace (W) Everton (D) Villa (W) West Ham (W)

Arsenal: Chelsea (L) Swansea (W) City (D) Everton (D) West Ham (W) Hull (W) Newcastle (W) West Brom (W) Norwich (W)

i'm probably well wrong

I believe we are going on a winning streak to clinch the double. Emperor Ramsey is returning.

Marc

It's better if we don't have to play against Mourinho style players, even the alternatives might be more talented.

They fit the way he plays.

True, but the individual element comes into play a bit more and could end up getting them the odd goal.

Will be an interesting game, although Mourinho's record against Wenger is near perfect isn't it? So a tough one.

Brilliant league season, not enough quality but very even and very tight at the top and bottom.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm taking a BLT for the train.

Got a few episodes of True Detective on my Mac.

Got the image of Gerrard kissing a camera in my brain.

umf

I'm gonna just fucking slob in front of the telly and drown my sorrows with cider. I haven't shit myself again yet. It'll come. It'll come.

I believe we are going on a winning streak to clinch the double. Emperor Ramsey is returning.

why don't you sim the rest of the fixtures and tell us the result

Salvadora

Sure we spent money but we lost the third best forward in the world. We were 5th with him and we are 5th without him. Hopefully in time players like Lamela and Eriksen will develop into world class players, this squad is not ready for the CL.
Look at Arsenal though.

We didn't spend £100m, lost the best striker in the world, replaced him with a donkey, and managed to play better (+stay in top four).

Spurs were unlucky. Lol, Sherwood. I find him hilarious.

Defensively, I thought we were brilliant. Kos and Mertesacker both outstanding. Attacking-wise, I thought we were poor. Didn't really support Giroud up front enough.

We miss Walcott immensely, he's a key piece in our team.

Scum

Spurs were unlucky. Lol, Sherwood. I find him hilarious.

Defensively, I thought we were brilliant. Kos and Mertesacker both outstanding. Attacking-wise, I thought we were poor. Didn't really support Giroud up front enough.

We miss Walcott immensely, he's a key piece in our team.

Sherwood should move aside in the summer before he gives himself a heart attack. D:

i'm probably well wrong

liverpoolfire.gif

phaze

Manchester City: Fulham (W) Manchester United (W) Arsenal (D) Southampton (W) Liverpool (L)

Arsenal: Chelsea (L) Swansea (W) City (D) Everton (D)
i'm probably well wrong

You need to settle on whether City loses or wins against Arsenal.

Lakitu

st5fu
Well, not ruling anything out but Tottenham are awful. The top 4 seems secure now, Liverpool only has to worry about what's on top, which is a relief.

Blackhead

Redarse

Season hasn't ended yet, 5th isn't achieved yet. There's still time for
Everton
to finish above you

Scum

i'm probably well wrong

I'm not a gambling man, but I wonder what kind of odds you could get right now for Liverpool to win the league?

number11

Well that's the season over. Vertonghen will definitely be gone in the summer.. and I wouldn't be surprised to see others go with him.

Looks like we're back to step 1 with getting a new manager in and rebuilding the team. 100m wasted.

subtles

He should have waited for Brendan in the summer Arnie. Now it's about Isco and Reus. :p

and Firmino!

Firmino has 19 goals and 12 assists in 24 games.

That's just mad.

because Mata has been fucking abysmal and nobody at United's got the balls to say so

Well, when you spend a club record £37.1million on a player you didn't really need who hasn't played well you're always going to be reluctant to...HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAA

Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom