• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

uligefkd.png

I don't know.

Salvadora

because Mata has been fucking abysmal and nobody at United's got the balls to say so
I'm a bit conflicted because Mata is a beauty and incredibly talented but, yeah, he's been a bit underwhelming hasn't he.

Who knows if it's the Moyes factor, or whatever, but for £37m you expect more.

Scum

Sure we spent money but we lost the third best forward in the world. We were 5th with him and we are 5th without him. Hopefully in time players like Lamela and Eriksen will develop into world class players, this squad is not ready for the CL.

Hopefully Everton & Man Utd get the EL spots and we get Van Gaal in to worry only about league and domestic cup form.

Can someone post a couple of the best Sunhi gifs?

ie, Brendan fist pump and Gerrard camera kiss

Here you go, Arnie.

From Sunhi

untitled-649k14.gif

From Wooden

gerrardkisssgnk07.gif

jtb

Banned
we have two and a half seasons worth of evidence that Mata is a great player and one that has adapted to the Premier League (which is more than we have for, say, Silva). he'll be fine, that was still a ridiculously great purchase by United. moving in the middle of the season + Moyes are mitigating factors.

Into

In United there is a lot of "cant criticize him because....."

... Rooney: Just signed a huge contract, you are stuck with him for years, do not want to start that drama again
... Mata: He came over in a record deal, you paid massive money for this guy...to a rival team that will use that money to strenghten themselves
... Adnan: He is so young, you cannot really expect much of him at this point
... Evra/Vidic/Rio/old Guard: They are leaving anyway after this season, what is the point of trashing them now?
... RVP: He might leave if you get nasty, his future is still unsure despite his comments

And the king is

... Moyes, he was born in Scotland just like your last manager. And he is suppose to be the future, shitting on Moyes is shitting on Fergie, because Fergie picked him after all.

Who to blame? Cannot blame the fans, they have been very patient, in Italy Moyes would have gotten sacked 10x times over by now.

Scum

I'm a bit conflicted because Mata is a beauty and incredibly talented but, yeah, he's been a bit underwhelming hasn't he.

Who knows if it's the Moyes factor, or whatever, but for £37m you expect more.

It doesn't help that Rooney is basically taking up the spot of at least two bloody good players at the club.

... Rooney: Just signed a huge contract, you are stuck with him for years, do not want to start that drama again
... Mata: He came over in a record deal, you paid massive money for this guy...to a rival team that will use that money to strenghten themselves
... Evra/Vidic/Rio/old Guard: They are leaving anyway after this season, what is the point of trashing them now?
... RVP: He might leave if you get nasty, his future is still unsure despite his comments

And the king is

... Moyes, he was born in Scotland just like your last manager. And he is suppose to be the future, shitting on Moyes is shitting on Fergie, because Fergie picked him after all.

Who to blame? Cannot blame the fans, they have been very patient, in Italy Moyes would have gotten sacked 10x times over by now.
I have no problem taking a shit on Fergie.

Arnie

Brenton's defence of Django is cringe.

Haven't heard it but I'm sure it is. Can't hang the player out to dry in such an important period but he clearly fucked up. If it was me I'd bring up Django's injury record and say that with the title run-in in full flight and the world cup on the horizon he was within his right to leap over such a reckless challenge.

But it's all bollocks, he dived. Almost relieved Gerrard missed.

Thanks for the gifs Scum.

And the king is

I think the majority of United fans in this thread have criticized all of those players

Zabojnik

Drawing with Fiorentina in EL totally deflated what hype I had for Genoa - Juve tonight. I almost wish we'd lose, if it meant a stellar performance in Firenze next week.

Scum

Haven't heard it but I'm sure it is. Can't hang the player out to dry in such an important period but he clearly fucked up. If it was me I'd bring up Django's injury record and say that with the title run-in in full flight and the world cup on the horizon he was within his right to leap over such a reckless challenge.

But it's all bollocks, he dived. Almost relieved Gerrard missed.

Thanks for the gifs Scum.

Wait? What th-?! Gerrard hasn't won the league with Liverpool?? He's been there for soo long that I thought he had?

Into

I think the majority of United fans in this thread have criticized all of those players

Oh yeah, hardcore fans sure

I meant more the media in general is very soft

Very few are even contemplating that his man perhaps is not the man for the job. Ive listened to Football Weekly podcasts for a while, and this entire season they seem to be giving Moyesy the benefit of the doubt, as if he has their kids in some death chamber.

I dont understand, why the media is so lax, its like they are afraid to criticize him in case he does become the next Ferguson, which, HELLO, he wont.

Oh yeah, hardcore fans sure

I meant more the media in general is very soft

Very few are even contemplating that his man perhaps is not the man for the job. Ive listened to Football Weekly podcasts for a while, and this entire season they seem to be giving Moyesy the benefit of the doubt, as if he has their kids in some death chamber.

I dont understand, why the media is so lax, its like they are afraid to criticize him in case he does become the next Ferguson, which, HELLO, he wont.
They know he isn't going to be sacked.

There isn't a story there.

The last time United lost 10 in a season was in 1990/91 before the Premier League was formed. They have 9 games left and still have to play City at home and Everton away.
We'll lose more than just those two.

Into

They know he isn't going to be sacked.

There isn't a story there.

We'll lose more than just those two.

You are probably right. The honeymoon period with the fans is certainly over, but with the media its still very much going on. This same situation next year? And they will tear Moyesy to shreds

You are probably right. The honeymoon period with the fans is certainly over, but with the media its still very much going on. This same situation next year? And they will tear Moyesy to shreds

They (and the fans) will start to get stuck into him next year.

I imagine things will ramp up next week though after we go out of the CL and City batter us too.

subtles

The few pundits I saw on NBC, including Lineker, mentioned Moyes position being untenable after the limpness of this performance. Lose in a convincing manner in the CL and I'm sure the knives will be out.

The fans have been showing their support at the end of the game though.

The few pundits I saw on NBC, including Lineker, mentioned Moyes position being untenable after the limpness of this performance. Lose in a convincing manner in the CL and I'm sure the knives will be out.

The fans have been showing their support at the end of the game though.

I don't really think it's support for Moyes though. It's just defiance and pride.

Most of the fans would be happy to see him go now. But that's a long way from standing up in the ground and saying so. They just aren't going to do that until it becomes unbearable for them.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Hopefully Everton & Man Utd get the EL spots and we get Van Gaal in to worry only about league and domestic cup form.

I really want to finish 5th. We don't have to take the Europa seriously next season if we don't want to but our second string will waltz through the group stage. Depending on how the league is going it may be that taking Europa knockouts seriously is our route to the CL.

To finish 7th with our run-in we would basically have to give up, that isn't going to help us develop.

subtles

I don't really think it's support for Moyes though. It's just defiance and pride.

Most of the fans would be happy to see him go now. But that's a long way from standing up in the ground and saying so. They just aren't going to do that until it becomes unbearable for them.

Yeah, you're definitely right there. It's just that fans showing frustration is usually one of the major causes for managers getting the boot. The Away fans weren't held back today so I imagine a good portion of the Home fans left early.

K1LLER7

Don't think even Moyes knows how to change things.Hoping that at some point between now and the end of the season, he's gone.

Sevilla just scored a great goal.

Scum

I really want to finish 5th. We don't have to take the Europa seriously next season if we don't want to but our second string will waltz through the group stage. Depending on how the league is going it may be that taking Europa knockouts seriously is our route to the CL.

To finish 7th with our run-in we would basically have to give up, that isn't going to help us develop.

Oh yeah. Good point.

subtles

Moyes' excuses are really irksome I'd imagine.

RVP/Rooney/Mata/Fellaini/Januzaj/De Gea + a championship winning backline.

You can't really ask for more, yet they've been abysmal going forward all season.

You can't really ask for more, yet they've been abysmal going forward all season.

He's not making excuses anymore, he has nothing to say. Just says it's disappointing and that we have to do better and will do better.

Literally all he's been saying for 2 months.

Scum

Don't think even Moyes knows how to change things.Hoping that at some point between now and the end of the season, he's gone.

Sevilla just scored a great goal.

How hard is it for him to just stick to a 4-2-3-1??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom