• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

subtles

He's not making excuses anymore, he has nothing to say. Just says it's disappointing and that we have to do better and will do better.

Literally all he's been saying for 2 months.

Reminds me of this tweet:

Seriously, if Moyes’ time at United was a boxing match it would be stopped. His eyes have glassed over. He’s gone.

How hard is it for him to just stick to a 4-2-3-1??

My worry more than the formation is whatever passing/movement/pressing training they are doing. No coherent ideas on the pitch from the times I've seen them

wedward

If you can't get RVP/Rooney/Mata/januzaj/Fellaini to play well together you need to be sacked. Fergie would be challenging for the title with that squad.

Guys Wes said no more Moyes titles.

If you can't get RVP/Rooney/Mata/januzaj/Fellaini to play well together you need to be sacked. Fergie would be challenging for the title with that squad.

A fair few managers would be.

We could've drawn a random manager's name out of a hat and probably ended up with someone more suitable than Moyes.

"Hopefully we can try to do better"

Sickening.

The saddest thing is that it's just not enjoyable to watch us anymore. Losing hurts and everyone wants to win and we especially demand success.

But the most fundamental thing is some kind of entertainment. Our matches are so fucking shit. Even when good teams play against us they sucked into the vortex or boringness.

Week after week it's just so fucking boring.

Wilbur

Banned
The saddest thing is that it's just not enjoyable to watch us anymore. Losing hurts and everyone wants to win and we especially demand success.

But the most fundamental thing is some kind of entertainment. Our matches are so fucking shit. Even when good teams play against us they sucked into the vortex or boringness.

Yep. Just tired of watching us now. I wish I had gone to work today, would have earned 25 quid and not watched that horror show. One shot on target all game... it's embarrassing.

At least I won't be that nervous again for the rest of the matches. We're already out on Wednesday, City will decimate us, so yeah. Just looking forward to the World Cup now.

That was actually my assessment of the first half. Not being upset that we're losing.

Just bored.

Bored at the lack of passion.

Bored at the lack of modern, forward thinking in our play.

Bored by the lack of tempo.

Bored by the predictability of the ways in which we concede.

Scum

|OT17| "Now, I am pleasured."

He does stick to a 4-2-3-1, but Adnan and Mata cut inside so much and Rooney just fucking runs everywhere with no regard for his teammates that the shape is awful.

Oh. My bad, then. Then maybe it's time to remove Rooney from the equation for a while...
#FreeKagawa

faridmon

moyes is single-handedly ruining mata's career.

Sounds like Moyes.

Martinez; Top 4 is still possible.

pls shut up and just finish this season strongly, pls

Martinez, as much as I love him, non-ending positivity grates me. I hope he spoke more realistically and shouted a lot more!

Blablurn

iSUzun9jcKoQn.gif

Klopp pls

Marc

He does stick to a 4-2-3-1, but Adnan and Mata cut inside so much and Rooney just fucking runs everywhere with no regard for his teammates that the shape is awful.

If you are building your team around Mata then it should probably be a 4-3-3 with him on the left, its when he has played best. Mata works best with other intelligent players off him though, looking to play one-two's. Stick Kagawa in the hole freeing up RVP to make runs in behind, and getting Adnan to stay wide and I am sure he will start playing better. Although saying that... who is actually playing well for Moyes? Seems harsh on Mata having little football under his belt this season and low on confidence.

And you are looking forward to the world cup, you realise Rooney will be played up front with Sturridge on the wing or some shit. I wouldn't look forward to that if I were you.

Clegg

We have Mata struggling on the wing and Kagawa languishing on the bench whilst Rooney swans around trying to play number 10 but failing to even trap ball most of the time.

Adebayor deserved more.

I was watching a montage of him playing for Dortmund.

You guys broke him.

Was so excited when we signed him. Was so sure he was going to change the focus of our play.

Fergie would have fucked Rooney off and slid Shinji in behind RVP. Would have been such a delight.

subtles

If it weren't for the English quota and the nation's love for him I'm sure Rooney would have been sold by now for a younger forward.

Wilbur

Banned
If Fergie hadn't left, Rooney would be gone. As it is, he's going to be our captain, our top scorer and an ambassador.

And I have grown to hate the cunt. He used to be one of my heroes when he first joined loool. Remember that hat trick on his debut?

Now when he scores I just wish it was someone else.

If it weren't for the English quota and the nation's love for him I'm sure Rooney would have been sold by now for a younger forward.

We're comfortable on the English quota and who the fuck loves him in this country apart from the press-pack?

We kept him cos he makes us money and cos the club know they're fighting a losing battle to bring stars in.

Wilbur

Banned
God, imagine if he'd gone. We'd still have the same shit defence and we wouldn't have signed a central midfielder, but we would have seen Shinji's beautiful little face every week.

Blablurn

and i dont think kroos will be your problem solver, man u gaf. thiago could have been it. he has the creativity. kroos needs a good team to work. i dont think he's the to bring man u to another level. lets ignore the fact that moyes probably would have destroyed thiago as well. but yeah, thiago would have been the real difference maker.

and i dont think kroos will be your problem solver, man u gaf. thiago could have been it. he has the creativity. kroos needs a good team to work. i dont think he's the to bring man u to another level. lets ignore the fact that moyes probably would have destroyed thiago as well. but yeah, thiago would have been the real difference maker.

I don't think Moyes would get any top class players playing well.

In fact, I don't need to think it. I can see it happening every week. He can't. He's not capable. He'd make Barca a mid table side.

In fact, I don't need to think it. I can see it happening every week. He can't. He's not capable. He'd make Barca a mid table side.

Moyes in charge of Barca would be an interesting social experiment.

Like turning historical dictatorships into democracies over night.

Blablurn

Thats probably true :/ Man U has not a bad squad at all. Just needs the right coach. And it just doesn't work with Moyes. It didnt work in the beginning of the season, neither does it now. If this would be a German team, beating Olympiacos would probably be the last chance to prevent getting fired.

When Bayern struggled some years ago we fired the coach (Magath) because reaching the Champions League was in danger. The theme back then was "a team like bayern must play in the cl. there is no other chance."

Don't you guys think Man U should think the same? If a coach cannot even make it to the CL with a team like ManU he is just not acceptable anymore. And right now it doesn't even look like he can make it into the Europa League. Moyes is not worthy to be ManUs coach. Fuck 5 or 6 years contracts, fuck the chosen one slogans. its champions league or bust. there shouldnt be another way.

Manchester United have scored only 18 goals at home in the PL this season, the same number as Fulham have managed.

Yeah but thats because Ferguson was a wizard with a leprechaun family imprisoned in his basement as a lucky charm, and he would have won a title with a 15 points gap with the current Fulham squad just like he did with Utd too, give Moyezuz time guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom