• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT16| ''I tried to push him away with my head.''

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Samir you've been a losing finalist twice here once with Arsenal...

*laughs*

...and once with City. How was it to win today?"

Or something to that extent. I'm reading too much into it, but yeah :p

You won the cup, are you so happy that you are drunk?

Why am I listening to Whitney Houston?

We are always shit going forward when Eriksen isn't playing. Hopefully if Lamela ever comes out of cryo-freeze he'll be able to share that playmaker role.

Loaning out Holtby was idiotic.

What would be good is if we work on our movement in the opponents half. Everyone is happy to come short and show for the ball, but hardly anyone is making runs to create space or looking to receive the ball once they've given it. It's almost as if the player in possession needs to make solid eye contact with another player before they'll go and move into a position to receive it, which is really lazy when you think about it (i.e. I'm not going to make a run unless I know it's coming to me)

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
What would be good is if we work on our movement in the opponents half. Everyone is happy to come short and show for the ball, but hardly anyone is making runs to create space or looking to receive the ball once they've given it. It's almost as if the player in possession needs to make solid eye contact with another player before they move into a position to receive it, which is really lazy when you think about it.

These players still look like pussies too often, very few demand the ball or really drive at defences. Combined with our turgid movement it's quite painful to watch. I don't think it will get fixed until they've all had a pre-season together.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Okay guys time for the REAL Derby d'Italia :]

let's all cool it and be Fadys for one day

tumblr_m8cg1mnCaP1rc8koao1_400.jpg

you too Frank

Marc

guys stop me

I'm seriously considering trading in some stuff and getting the Titanfall XB1 bundle.

Would only cost me about £15 in all.

Wait till christmas, there will be bundles galore and more price drops. Seems likely a new SKU too, smaller maybe and maybe without the kinect. Plus you will know by then whether its worth it.

Patience. :)

Barzul

Wait so the Suarez clause was real? Liverpool just said fuck the contract?! Got to admire the balls. We should have taken them to court.

WJD

Wait till christmas, there will be bundles galore and more price drops. Seems likely a new SKU too, smaller maybe and maybe without the kinect. Plus you will know by then whether its worth it.

Patience. :)

This is the smartest course of action all things considered.

I'm such a bad impulse buyer when it comes to new gadgets and shit.

FuturusX

you're going to miss out on the last guardian m8

Nah, I'm a proper Mac wanker so PC gaming is a no go aside from FM.

I only checked their prices, I don't actually want to go there!

What Mac do you have?

I'm rocking a few Hackintoshs and a macbook pro but I run Windows when I need to all the time. (Bootcamp and dual boot - on the hakintoshes)

I'm going to do that for PC gaming this gen. Not that I have time for gaming these days.

Scum

No we still have a need for this Benteke!
Boo. :<

Nah, I'm a proper Mac wanker so PC gaming is a no go aside from FM.
Fair enough.

What would be good is if we work on our movement in the opponents half. Everyone is happy to come short and show for the ball, but hardly anyone is making runs to create space or looking to receive the ball once they've given it. It's almost as if the player in possession needs to make solid eye contact with another player before they'll go and move into a position to receive it, which is really lazy when you think about it (i.e. I'm not going to make a run unless I know it's coming to me)

These players still look like pussies too often, very few demand the ball or really drive at defences. Combined with our turgid movement it's quite painful to watch. I don't think it will get fixed until they've all had a pre-season together.

AVB sucked the life out of 'em. :-/

Mastadon

Banned
Wait so the Suarez clause was real? Liverpool just said fuck the contract?! Got to admire the balls. We should have taken them to court.

You wouldn't have been able to take us to court. What would you have sued us for? The only person in that situation who could take legal action would be Suarez.

I'm sure Henry was talking shit anyway to be honest.

Arnie

Will, you get the X1, I've got the PS4. We can have the best of both worlds.

Was that Skype interview for a job in London?

Scum

Take Liverpool to court? For what? Wouldn't Suarez be the only one able to do so??

WJD

What Mac do you have?

I'm rocking a few Hackintoshs and macbook pro but I run Windows when I need to all the time. (Bootcamp and dual boot - on the hakintoshes)

I'm going to do that for PC gaming this gen. Not that I have time for gaming these days.

Got given a 21.5" 3.2GHz iMac a while back but I do most of my shit on a 2012 13" Macbook Pro - 2.5 GHz, 16GB RAM. Not really powerful enough for good games either way.

Salvadora

If Suarez had taken legal action against Liverpool, it would've been dragged through the courts for ages.

Makes his summer behaviour unstandable.

Mastadon

Banned
The head of the PFA came out publicly and said that he had read the contract, and it didn't contain a firm release clause. I can't imagine why he would lie about this.

WJD

Will, you get the X1, I've got the PS4. We can have the best of both worlds.

Was that Skype interview for a job in London?

Fucking yes. Untouched Halo 2 HD multiplayer and we'll be spaffing everywhere together.

Not for a specific job, but it was with a very important man who has basically told me to go and do an LPC in London and "keep in contact" with him if I wanted some opportunities at Warner Bros/Pottermore (???). So I'm looking at those at the moment.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
AVB sucked the life out of 'em. :-/

The more you watch these players the more you realise how stupid AVB's set-up was. I don't think his system will ever work in the PL, it's just too easy to defend against. A lot of the player still haven't shaken off his 'safety first' style.

Elchele

Frankfurt won 2-1 against Stuttgart, well deserved after what they did in EL.

jeEnVZrpGrINC.png

aside from Bayern, the whole european spots and relegation battle is fucking crazy. Freiburg pls :(

Arnie

Fucking yes. Untouched Halo 2 HD multiplayer and we'll be spaffing everywhere together.

Not for a specific job, but it was with a very important man who has basically told me to go and do an LPC in London and "keep in contact" with him if I wanted some opportunities at Warner Bros/Pottermore (???). So I'm looking at those at the moment.
Imagine Nathan nagging us to get our act together so we can go out but we just want one more game of Lockout doubles.

Mastadon

Banned
I dunno thought we'd have a case if the clause was legit, I don't know how all this legal crap works in relation to this case.

Nah it's similar to the Konoplyanka thing in the last window. We met the release fee, but the owner basically told us to fuck off. We can't do anything about it, it has to come from the player as he is the one who has a case for breach of contract.

Scum

The more you watch these players the more you realise how stupid AVB's set-up was. I don't think his system will ever work in the PL, it's just too easy to defend against. A lot of the player still haven't shaken off his 'safety first' style.
Here's hoping they shake it off soon enough.

Frankfurt won 2-1 against Stuttgart, well deserved after what they did in EL.

jeEnVZrpGrINC.png

aside from Bayern, the whole european spots and relegation battle is fucking crazy. Freiburg pls :(
Good God, Stuttgart. That form. D:

I dunno thought we'd have a case if the clause was legit, I don't know how all this legal crap works in relation to this case.

Thing is, even if you had a case, it could be one of those that's drags on through out the entire summer. The last thing both sides need is fighting over player transfer with the football season in full swing.

Marc

This is the smartest course of action all things considered.

I'm such a bad impulse buyer when it comes to new gadgets and shit.

Same, I don't even want to play Titanfall but salivated a bit at those recent bundles just because. Had to remind myself I didn't actually 'need' it. :D

Also I have a deep distrust for MS now, the recent stuff to be sure was not good but even with the 360. I was very happy with my 360 until the Kinect came in, then they abandoned all support for it with the odd Halo or Gears game expected to hold us over. Totally put me off and I can see the same happening again in a few years time. Sales not what they are, MS puts projects on hold or cancels them, pressure from shareholders just to give up entirely.

Its so badly managed these days, I mean 100 million development costs on a sodding controller. The 360 with a built in battery pack and improved D-Pad would have done the job and cost them sod all, god knows how else they piss money up a wall.

Okay guys time for the REAL Derby d'Italia :]

let's all cool it and be Fadys for one day

tumblr_m8cg1mnCaP1rc8koao1_400.jpg

you too Frank

No worries here, I don't expect a win, and we don't really have anything to lose. I just hope that it's a good game and that we play well. The Pathetico game is far more important.

I have to say though, the only thing that might make me lose my shit is if the referee gifts you guys a win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom